Ortiz's Car Gets bid over $465K on Ebay

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 11:18 am
Big Papi is auctioning his red SL65 convertible Mercedes on ebay. He paid $205k for it and made some personal upgrades worth another $35. The bidding ends tonight.

It is a beautiful car and I love Papi, but $465k?! The article makes no mentioned of Papi giving any profits to charity which I was disappointed to see - do you think this will open it up for other celebraties trying to earn some extra cash?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,226 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:23 pm
For some reason, I'm reminded of Cabbage Patch dolls and Beanie Babies.

I suppose that a $465,000 car with a celebrity history could bring someone considerable ego-comfort--but that someone is not me.

Who is Big Papi?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:27 pm
Noddy wrote:
Who is Big Papi?

http://www.harbormoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/big_papi_wants_you.jpg

slugger extraordinaire for the Bahstin Red Sawx
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 01:03 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
For some reason, I'm reminded of Cabbage Patch dolls and Beanie Babies.

I suppose that a $465,000 car with a celebrity history could bring someone considerable ego-comfort--but that someone is not me.

Who is Big Papi?

Big Papi? Everyone knows big Papi! My daughter even has an I love Big Papi shirt!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 02:07 pm
Where's the $400K bid? It was probably someone screwing around. Anyone that pays ANY premium for that car because he's a celebrity is a moron. Won't affect the value at all.

Sweet car though....

Manny tried selling his penthouse condo at the Ritz Carlton, nobody bought that. And I don't think it was priced extra high because it was Manny's(but not sure).

Here's the link, or just search "ortiz" on ebay motors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-SL-Class-SL65-AMG-David-Ortizs-Toy_W0QQitemZ300142531486QQihZ020QQcategoryZ6338QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 02:10 pm
When I was on ebay, I went in to try and apply for, as the ad said low monthly payments, a loan for the car. Just to see how low the monthly payments would be - unfortunately once they began asking me personal information to just find out the low monthly payments I decided to bag it.

Reading through the auction it says you need to be pre-approved before even making a bid. Probably to keep bozos from bidding up the price.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 02:17 pm
$170K at 6.5% for 72 months is about $2,800 per month.

You can swing it....buy it. Then let me borrow it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 02:26 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
$170K at 6.5% for 72 months is about $2,800 per month.

You can swing it....buy it. Then let me borrow it.

Maybe I could buy it, charge it to my husband's business and help get the business into bankrupcy.

Funny I was talking to my husband about the car and he began answering me seriously like you don't want that car - it would be a magnet for speeding tickets - like I'd really try to buy it.

And my chances of buying is only slightly higher than your chances of borrowing of it, if I were to buy it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 03:36 pm
Ah. I am enlightened. Big Papi plays ball.
0 Replies