which country is the most beautiful in the world?

Raphillon

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:04 am
contrex wrote:
Thank you for your kind words, Raphillon. I am glad you are not a testa di cazzo like a certain other person.

My favourite part of the world is Catalunya-Languedoc-Provence-Liguria.

What a wonderful country that would make!

Beautiful places Smile

It would be a wonderful country.... quite strangely shaped Smile

I went in catalunya once, to a small coastal village near Bercelona, I felt myself really at home, after a few days trying to comunicate in English we have found that if I spoke Italian and locals answered in Catalunian we were able to comunicate much better Very Happy

I always went to a local bar-restaurant ank I kept asking for a stronger coffee, one day the bartender asked:

"Do I have to put in it water or you want it completely dry?"
and I
"If you can do without water that would be perfect, but if you find it easier with water then let it be the less possible!"
We both laughed and then he invited me behind the counter to make my coffe by myself...

Wonderful country.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:08 am
Language scholars say that if you travel along the coast from Catalunya to Liguria, the local dialect gradually changes from Catalan to Occitan to Provencal to Ligurian but you cannot really say where one ends and another begins.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:46 pm
woiyo wrote:
contrex wrote:
France

I am sure you thank America every day for keeping it free. Right?

Rolling Eyes

Why would anyone even think of thanking America for keeping France free? I don't understand Americans! Evil or Very Mad

What makes a country beautiful, anyway?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 02:59 am
margo wrote:
What makes a country beautiful, anyway?

It's an emotional topic. To me, what makes a country beautiful includes hills, valleys, forests, coasts, mountains, rivers, towns and cities, language, culture, a whole bunch of things.

Some people think that finding a country "beautiful" is tied up with patriotism. Sometimes such people can be dumb in the extreme and/or inclined to steer such discussions towards stupid nationalistic chest-beating.
0 Replies