Live Radio

Tarah

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:54 pm
I've been asked to present a radio programme for children aged 5/11. There should be music, stories and competitions. It will last for an hour and I'm to run it for two weeks, Monday through to Thursday. The radio station has been granted temporary licence and I don't want to be responsible for them not renewing it!

Do you have any tips as I've only ever guested on other people's shows as a poet or healer and I've never presented and don't know how to start.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,061 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jinyt79

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 06:48 am
you can search on aol or other ingine you will find.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 07:52 am
Thanks for that but I apologise for not reporting back. The programme turned out to be a great success and I'm now charged with presenting an hour's poetry programme. I've done the first one in which I interviewed one of our most successful Jewish British poets and I've another poet who's agreed to come onto my second show.

It's even more fun than I hoped it would be.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 12:47 pm
Excellent! I'm glad to hear that it was a success.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 01:11 pm
Tarah--

Good for you. In a small way, you're changing the world for the better.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 04:54 pm
Thank you so much - I have made quite an important discovery. It's far more productive to use my energy on research and preparation than on nerves.

Shame I never learnt to do that when I was at school. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies