A "Hints for Happier Living" Digression.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 01:15 pm
dlowan wrote:
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:
You...like....know they're poisonous, right?

Indeed I do.
But it is vitally important to display good manners & maintain proper etiquette, even under extreme pressure!

(You could always rush from the room & spit the disgusting, poisonous stuff out, after creating a distraction at an appropriate moment!)

So you wouldn't delicately feed it to the dog under the table, or anything?

I had a boyfriend who used to pour the punch in the potplants.

No, I wouldn't feed it to the dog, not even if it was vegetarian.

Once, in high school, all of us stuffed the tripe (which we were forced to cook. Ugh.) in the vases on the dining room tables. We were called back next day & were all given a detention. Laughing

Did the potplants die?

Oh my! (Re the tripe....uggghhhhhhh....)

No...but they were sad for a time. It was strong punch...hence the pouring. He was already pie eyed.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Charmin Ultra Soft...

Greetings.

Are you describing your male appendage, or recommending loo paper?

depends. Really hot women find it like blue steel... I'm sure you would find it ultra soft.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 01:46 pm
Never eat anything bigger than your head. (I disremember whose advice that was.)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 01:48 pm
Setanta wrote:
Never eat anything bigger than your head. (I disremember whose advice that was.)

unless it's a wiener schnitzel.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 01:52 pm
To quote one of my sergeants in the army, i have "an unusually large hat size." Were i to even contemplate a Vienna schnitzel larger than my head, i believe i would be violently ill. (Besides, schnitzel is just a dishonest way of tarting up a cheap and tough cut of meat.)

Never eat schnitzel unless forced to do so out of courtesy to one's hosts.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 02:52 pm
set says
Quote:
(Besides, schnitzel is just a dishonest way of tarting up a cheap and tough cut of meat.)

How dare you.Weiner, Prager, or Indie Schnitzels only start with the tenderest thin cutlets of milk fed veal, lightly killed and dipped in bread and milk till coatse. Fried lightly and coated with the respective sauces and veggies. Served with spaetzle , its the one meal that Germany has asa pinnacle of achievement
Youre thinking of the London street crap called Parmo, which is something that we use to bait rat traps. Thats made out of anything that can be hack sawed into a thick sheet, then, like everything else British, having the crap cooked out of it and served on a piece of some stale frybread. Last one I had was covered with some hot spackle like mayo-paste.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 02:56 pm
farmerman wrote:
Served with spaetzle , its the one meal that Germany has asa pinnacle of achievement

I would prefer lightly braised library paste to spaetzle any day. If what you say is so, it's a sad comment on German "cuisine."

Never eat anything you can't readily pronounce.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 03:06 pm
it's primarily Austrian! and you obviously couldn't have ever had a good one. i ache for you, setanta! what a deprivation!

you would not say that if you had my aunt's wiener schnitzel, i am sure of that. it's a deep fried orgasm, that's what it is.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 03:28 pm
Take schnitzel, add some Texas, stir and fry.

Result? Chicken-fried steak.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 03:49 pm
Schnitzel, we're arguing about fried meat?

And, for Bi Polar....I will never suggest that you have had your male appendage kindly and softly upholstered for user comfort ever again.

You're just mean.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:10 pm
dlowan wrote:

And, for Bi Polar....I will never suggest that you have had your male appendage kindly and softly upholstered for user comfort ever again.

You're just mean.

my dear wabbit i am not mean and would never seriously suggest that you were anything less than the most desirable bunny on the planet. I merely lashed out due to my shock and heartbreak at the vitriol of your hurtful remarks about my appendage. I am at my core the most sensitive of bears. Please forgive me. I throw myself on your mercy ms. buns.....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:10 pm
set
Quote:
I prefer lightly braised library paste

I rest my case.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:17 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
dlowan wrote:

You're just mean.

my dear wabbit i am not mean and would never seriously suggest that you were anything less than the most desirable bunny on the planet. I merely lashed out due to my shock and heartbreak at the vitriol of your hurtful remarks about my appendage. I am at my core the most sensitive of bears. Please forgive me. I throw myself on your mercy ms. buns.....

All right.

But I have not had it upholstered with great thoughtfulness for user comfort.

farmerman wrote:
set
Quote:
I prefer lightly braised library paste

I rest my case.

Rest schmest.

Man's a bookworm.

I rest my case.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:23 pm
Setanta wrote:
I would prefer lightly braised library paste to spaetzle any day.

I'm fairly sure the hamburgers will notice when you're not with me on my next visit there.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:26 pm
More wisdom - Never eat fried bookworms.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 02:34 am
ehBeth wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I would prefer lightly braised library paste to spaetzle any day.

I'm fairly sure the hamburgers will notice when you're not with me on my next visit there.

What's spaetzle?

squinney wrote:
More wisdom - Never eat fried bookworms.

How SHOULD you eat them?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 07:05 am
Quote:
What's spaetzle?

Its usually anoodle dough that is hand rolled and cut intoshort but thicker lengths. Its then lightly fried with onions in butter and served as a "side" to the winer or prager schntzel. Some add more white pepper an a little parsley , I prefer a plain onion noodle mix . Its also best when home made.

Like many foods, lets not make it too complex.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 07:20 am
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
What's spaetzle?

Its usually anoodle dough that is hand rolled and cut intoshort but thicker lengths. Its then lightly fried with onions in butter and served as a "side" to the winer or prager schntzel. Some add more white pepper an a little parsley , I prefer a plain onion noodle mix . Its also best when home made.

Like many foods, lets not make it too complex.

Thank you...it all sounds very fatty, these schnitzels and such.....but what's your view on the bookworms? Fried, grilled, steamed....?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:24 am
cant say Ive ever had em. When I buy old books, I always put em in a sealed bag with baking soda and DDVP).
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:29 am
went digging for "blood worms" this AM, foggy, rainy, schmutzy. Digging worms on a stony beach should involve gloves (I forgot mie) so, when I dug my worms by hand, I had a number of the critters grab on and bite. They can make the experience a bit painful.

They especially like that fleshy part tween the thumb and the index finger. Id dig with my left hand cause I dont have any feeling in that one and Id just pulll off the worms that hang on. I know where Herbert got his idea for sand worms in DUNE.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:44 pm
farmerman wrote:
went digging for "blood worms" this AM, foggy, rainy, schmutzy. Digging worms on a stony beach should involve gloves (I forgot mie) so, when I dug my worms by hand, I had a number of the critters grab on and bite. They can make the experience a bit painful.

They especially like that fleshy part tween the thumb and the index finger. Id dig with my left hand cause I dont have any feeling in that one and Id just pulll off the worms that hang on. I know where Herbert got his idea for sand worms in DUNE.

What on earth was biting you, and what are blood worms?

WORMS were biting you?

For your BLOOD?

Yours is a dangerous country.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.78 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 09:38:17