A "Hints for Happier Living" Digression.

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 06:16 am
1 Jalopenas are a spice not an entree.

2 Never try to get a skunk to eat out of your hand and then have somebody take a picture .

3. Never buy a used motorcycle.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 06:25 am
Setanta wrote:
I can't think of any piece of advice for a happier life which is more succinct and to the point than that which i heard Alfred Hitchcock pronounce at an awards ceremony once, many years ago.

"Stay out of jail."

(That's gaol for our spelling-challenged cousins.)

Well, well! That's a piece of advice I have actually managed to follow.

At least so far.

patiodog wrote:
That's excellent advice, Egyptian god / social insect / vowel. Thanks.

I don't GET it!

Crying or Very sad

farmerman wrote:
1 Jalopenas are a spice not an entree.

2 Never try to get a skunk to eat out of your hand and then have somebody take a picture .

3. Never buy a used motorcycle.

1. Yeppers...noted.

2. Why not the picture? The skunk bit I get...oh, did the flash frighten it?

3. Really? Why not? I mean, as opposed to car.

Or spaceship.

Or Stoatmobile.....

You know what I mean.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 06:33 am
Youre questioning sound advice? Go ahead go feed a skunk and get someone to take a flash picture , see what you smell like for a few weeks.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:00 am
farmerman wrote:
Youre questioning sound advice? Go ahead go feed a skunk and get someone to take a flash picture , see what you smell like for a few weeks.

No skunks here.

What? YOU don't want me to question?

I am crushed.

You're my hero.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:11 am
When you go up to order your next pitcher of beer, and get carded and you've forgotten your id, don't giggle like a teenage girl and fumble your money when the guy behind the counter cuts you a break.

Never feed an abandoned baby squirrel cow's milk.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:12 am
When someone takes the trouble to cook for you, always declare that the meal was absolutely delicious, no matter how downright disgusting & unpalatable the food really was. It's the thought that counts!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:15 am
FreeDuck wrote:
When you go up to order your next pitcher of beer, and get carded and you've forgotten your id, don't giggle like a teenage girl and fumble your money when the guy behind the counter cuts you a break.

1.I never knowed you was but a duckling?

2. Diarrhoea?

msolga wrote:
When someone takes the trouble to cook for you, always declare that the meal was absolutely delicious, no matter how downright disgusting & unpalatable the food really was. It's the thought that counts!

Even if it's rhubarb tops?

(Here's a confession......sometimes, when he was at his worst, I used to fantasise feeding my father a nice rhubarb pie...FULL of dyed green tops. Or stirring his te with an oleander branch.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:20 am
dlowan wrote:

Yes, even rhubarb tops.
Just smile fetchingly & declare "My, these are the tastiest rhubarb tops I've ever eaten! Could I have the recipe, please?"
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:24 am
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Yes, even rhubarb tops.
Just smile fetchingly & declare "My, these are the tastiest rhubarb tops I've ever eaten! Could I have the recipe, please?"

You...like....know they're poisonous, right?

You are one well mannered puddy tat!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:25 am
dlowan wrote:
(Here's a confession......sometimes, when he was at his worst, I used to fantasise feeding my father a nice rhubarb pie...FULL of dyed green tops. Or stirring his te with an oleander branch.)

Evil, evil rabbit!

Tsk tsk!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:31 am
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Evil, evil rabbit!

Tsk tsk!

I never DID it!

He lived to be nearly 88.

I was sure he was going to outlive me.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:35 am
dlowan wrote:

Indeed I do.
But it is vitally important to display good manners & maintain proper etiquette, even under extreme pressure!

(You could always rush from the room & spit the disgusting, poisonous stuff out, after creating a distraction at an appropriate moment!)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:36 am
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Indeed I do.
But it is vitally important to display good manners & maintain proper etiquette, even under extreme pressure!

(You could always rush from the room & spit the disgusting, poisonous stuff out, after creating a distraction at an appropriate moment!)

So you wouldn't delicately feed it to the dog under the table, or anything?

I had a boyfriend who used to pour the punch in the potplants.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:41 am
dlowan wrote:
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Indeed I do.

No, I wouldn't feed it to the dog, not even if it was vegetarian.

Once, in high school, all of us stuffed the tripe (which we were forced to cook. Ugh.) in the vases on the dining room tables. We were called back next day & were all given a detention. Laughing

Did the potplants die?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:44 am
Charmin Ultra Soft...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 08:13 am
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Indeed I do.

No, I wouldn't feed it to the dog, not even if it was vegetarian.

Once, in high school, all of us stuffed the tripe (which we were forced to cook. Ugh.) in the vases on the dining room tables. We were called back next day & were all given a detention. Laughing

Did the potplants die?

Oh my! (Re the tripe....uggghhhhhhh....)

No...but they were sad for a time. It was strong punch...hence the pouring. He was already pie eyed.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Charmin Ultra Soft...

Greetings.

Are you describing your male appendage, or recommending loo paper?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 08:48 am
In the US, we never call the toidy a "Loo". We have too many guys here with that name who are ill tempered.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 09:10 am
dlowan wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

1.I never knowed you was but a duckling?

I'm not, but I get all silly and act like I've been caught doing something wrong when I get carded.

Quote:
2. Diarrhoea?

I think so, and just general malnutrition. Found that out when doing some research after we found the tiniest baby squirrel in our house. All we can guess is that it fell down the chimney.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:53 am
Quote:
How much would it take to get you to let go of your dominion and jump?

I am a woman with impeccable discretion and thoroughly satisfactory memories.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 11:04 am
Generally, one can replace most help-desk operators with a recording that says, "reboot."
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 09:36:37