A "Hints for Happier Living" Digression.

squinney

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 07:52 am
Or, perhaps me bum?

(the ocean, silly wabbit. It is deep and wide according to the childrens bible school song.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:01 am
squinney wrote:
Or, perhaps me bum?

(the ocean, silly wabbit. It is deep and wide according to the childrens bible school song.)

beagle woman mocks the wabbit....but she holds to herself the essence of beagle woman lore handed down through lo these many generations.

Does beagle woman not trust us with this pearl of great price?

Must I speak it in her despite?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:34 am
Not to dispell the beagle woman underdeserved aura of wonderment, but that actually just kinda came to me as I clicked "Post Reply" to bookmark.

I aren't really that smart. I'm just a dog.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:02 am
I think the Beagle Woman is both wise and poetic--and would do so if she hadn't quoted me in her sig line.

Piece of Wisdom I've been sharing all over A2K this summer.

Life takes its toll--keep loose change handy.

and:

Don't call Noddy a two-bit whore or she'll beat you to death with a bag of quarters.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:11 am
A little bit of baking soda in the water keeps your steamed veggies bright with colour.

Smile

Introduce your new bf/gf to all your friends and family; if they like him/her, continue. If not, dump 'em.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:24 am
squinney wrote:
Not to dispell the beagle woman underdeserved aura of wonderment, but that actually just kinda came to me as I clicked "Post Reply" to bookmark.

I aren't really that smart. I'm just a dog.

Oh...I thunk you beagle women had come up with this pearl:

"Bark softly, but carry a big tick".

Sorry.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:45 am
I needed a good laugh this morning. Thank you Ladies for providing...

I do love your last your last quoteable quote, Noddy. That's the woman I know and love. Very Happy

Quote:
"Bark softly, but carry a big tick".

That one gets attributed to me great grand-pappy. A real rascal, he was.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 10:01 am
If Lassie and Rin tin tin had a fight who would win?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 10:37 am
Chuck Norris.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suddenly I'm twelve. They grows up and they grows up and they grows up...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 10:47 am
Do not, under any circumstances, forget you posted an online personal ad. It is guaranteed to turn up on the front page of Boston Globe online edition (with photo) just days after you move in with your man to be (who wasn't, but whatever), even if it was more posted than a year back. This happen especially if you tell your students in international relations class to read the Boston Globe online edition. In fact, don't post online personal ads, period. Vile!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 11:16 am
Mins don't not never think about goofy stuff like what they look like in a particular item of clothing--in fact, they don't think about clothing at all, knowing full well that wimmins will hector them about it if they "get it wrong."

Any man confronted with the question of whether or not an item of apparel makes the wimmins look fat should immediately stagger around as though suddenly faint, and announce that he needs to got for a lie down.

Otherwise, he should leap up and shout: "Oh My God, i forgot to unplug the soldering iron!" and run out to the shed.

Under no circumstances will a wise man ever entertain such a question from the wimmins.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 11:47 am
Set--

Glad to see you posting again.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 05:00 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I think the Beagle Woman is both wise and poetic--and would do so if she hadn't quoted me in her sig line.

Piece of Wisdom I've been sharing all over A2K this summer.

Life takes its toll--keep loose change handy.

and:

Don't call Noddy a two-bit whore or she'll beat you to death with a bag of quarters.

What about an expensive call girl?

Mame wrote:
A little bit of baking soda in the water keeps your steamed veggies bright with colour.

Smile

Introduce your new bf/gf to all your friends and family; if they like him/her, continue. If not, dump 'em.

Aren't they too polite to say anything?

squinney wrote:
I needed a good laugh this morning. Thank you Ladies for providing...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Beagle woman))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

dadpad wrote:
If Lassie and Rin tin tin had a fight who would win?

Lassie. Rinty had tin balls.

patiodog wrote:
Chuck Norris.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suddenly I'm twelve. They grows up and they grows up and they grows up...

True.

dagmaraka wrote:
Do not, under any circumstances, forget you posted an online personal ad. It is guaranteed to turn up on the front page of Boston Globe online edition (with photo) just days after you move in with your man to be (who wasn't, but whatever), even if it was more posted than a year back. This happen especially if you tell your students in international relations class to read the Boston Globe online edition. In fact, don't post online personal ads, period. Vile!

That's only cos yer beautiful.

Setanta wrote:
Mins don't not never think about goofy stuff like what they look like in a particular item of clothing--in fact, they don't think about clothing at all, knowing full well that wimmins will hector them about it if they "get it wrong."

Any man confronted with the question of whether or not an item of apparel makes the wimmins look fat should immediately stagger around as though suddenly faint, and announce that he needs to got for a lie down.

Otherwise, he should leap up and shout: "Oh My God, i forgot to unplug the soldering iron!" and run out to the shed.

Under no circumstances will a wise man ever entertain such a question from the wimmins.

Nonsense.

Here's one:

Never tease your partner so much in a restaurant that he can't stand up when it's time to leave without the napkin dangling from his frontagement.

Kiddin'....do it as much as you can!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 05:26 pm
Quote:

Over the years I've been called a number of things--but that doesn't mean that I have to answer.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 06:49 pm
It may look wonderful, the aroma assailling your nostrils may have your inner man turning cartwheels, in fact, no matter how interested you may be in the incredibly presented dish that your lady places before you on the table, never, never, never, utter the words -

'What is it?'

That question has only one possible answer -

'Why? What's wrong with it?'
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 10:53 pm
dlowan wrote:
That's...like...deep, beagle woman.

Exactly what I thought when I read the conch pronouncement last night!

This beagle woman is extremely wise! And deep!Very Happy
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 11:42 pm
Yep, they don't come any wiser or deeper!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 01:31 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Quote:

Over the years I've been called a number of things--but that doesn't mean that I have to answer.

How much would it take to get you to let go of your dominion and jump?

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:
That's...like...deep, beagle woman.

Exactly what I thought when I read the conch pronouncement last night!

This beagle woman is extremely wise! And deep!Very Happy

Goddess help us...I thought you said "wide" and deep.

Shocked

Phew.....

lezzles wrote:
Yep, they don't come any wiser or deeper!

What about the mastiff women?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:58 am
I can't think of any piece of advice for a happier life which is more succinct and to the point than that which i heard Alfred Hitchcock pronounce at an awards ceremony once, many years ago.

"Stay out of jail."

(That's gaol for our spelling-challenged cousins.)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 05:42 am
That's excellent advice, Egyptian god / social insect / vowel. Thanks.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 09:29:28