[B]Acting In America[/B]

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 04:53 pm
Im 17 and live in Milton Keynes, England. I love acting and have been in some theatre productions and stared in school productions but wanna move to America to take it further i have saved up money but i don't know where to start any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 788 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 05:04 pm
Apply to the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.

Joe(break a leg)Nation
0 Replies

MATTYInENGLAND

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 04:48 am
Cheers for that theres one in LA aswell but is that not as good?
How do you apply? Do you write to them or do you need to send a portfolio or something?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 05:26 am
Click on the link above.

Look on the left side of the page.
There is a tab that says "Application".
You can print either the application itself or the catalogue of courses or both.

Do you want to act in movies or in theatre? New York is the place to start for either one. IMO.

Joe(Besides....LA....eeeww)Nation
0 Replies

MATTYInENGLAND

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 06:14 am
Theatre, films, tv programmes. i want to get into films mainly but LA i can stay in Arroyo Grande outside LA cos theres somwhere i can stay.
I just generally want to get into acting Football and rugby have gone down the pan anyways and i just love acting. At the moment im working at an insurance company saving up but i cnt do it forever its just not me. How far away is LA from Arroyo Grande and is it cheaper to stay somwhere in LA
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:03 pm
It's a hundred and eighty five miles North of LA. I don't think you will be living there.

Check out the school's residence program.

Joe("LA is a great big freeway, put a hundred down and buy a car")Nation
0 Replies

MATTYInENGLAND

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:37 am
Well would i need a usa licence or would my uk license work didnt realise it was that far. when i first go out i wanna get to know my surounding so i wanna stay with people i know if you know what i mean
0 Replies