Blast From the Past: Ghostbusters

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 09:33 pm
Hi.

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this type of question, but I will go and give it a shot. Confused

During the past couple of weeks, I have been on a Ghostbusters craze. I have watched both movies several times and still cannot get enough. In an attempt to take my mind off the Ghostbusters, I began to clean out some old boxes from when we moved a few years back and found some old VHS tapes with, believe it or not, the Ghostbusters cartoon shows. Becoming very excited, I planed on transferring the shows onto CDs or DVDs but the quality of the shows was poor.

Now that the background is set, here is my question. Does anyone know of any place on the net were I could purchase, either VHS or DVD, the Ghostbusters cartoon episodes? My ultimate goal is to obtain all the episodes and preserve them but I am thinking that this might be an almost impossible goal. I have checked some of the official and unofficial websites for the Ghostbusters and Amanzon.com for episodes but only found dead ends (out of stock or unavailable). Any input or advice would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has any tips on VHS tapes and improving the quality of the tape (the shows recorded on them), please feel free to post that information.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,421 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 09:12 am
The only way to improve the quality of a VHS tape is to remove some of the picture noise through digital processing. The hardware to do this is not cheap. I would wait for the series to be released on DVD which could or could not be likely. Perhaps the Cartoon Network or TVLand will reair the series -- I'd E mail them on their sites. Enter the two in Google and it should lead to their sites.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 09:16 am
Roberta
Roberta, you might want to try e-Bay - it seems you can find almost everything there.

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 09:23 am
E Bay is a good idea except if someone is trying to unload their VHS tapes, they may be of questionable quality.
0 Replies

Robert2513

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:46 am
Hey there everybody. Just wanted to update this post.

This past week, I found a couple promising sites about the Real Ghostbusters coming out on DVD. There is actually a patition going around for it.
Here is the link in case anyone is interested. Please sign it if you are.

Edit (Moderator): Links removed.

Here are some other links that I found.

engineer

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 10:26 am
@Robert2513,
New Ghostbusters is coming!

0 Replies