kate4christ03

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:57 pm
yeah of course the new covenant was made with the blood of Christ. but that doesn't mean that God forgets his promises of the old testament. did you not read the scriptures in romans? they are clear that God is not yet done with physical israel. also as i stated earlier, read the ot prophecy books especially malachi and zecheriah. both state that in the endtimes, when Christ comes again, he will save a remnant of the jews. also revelation shows this.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 10:17 pm
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 04:27 pm
neo it's difficult to have a one sided debate. it's obvious that you totally disregarded the verses in romans that are clear that God isn't yet finished with physical israel. and its also obvious that you haven't read malachi, zecheriah, haggai and revelation. for if you have, you wouldn't be arguing right now. bc it's clear to anyone who can read that God will (one day) save a remnant of the physical jews. they are blinded right now, as paul said, bc its the time of the gentiles. but one day God will reveal himself to them and they will make Jesus their Savior. if you want to debate this first read those books and read the verses in romans i have already written out. then we will discuss.

and btw do you doubt that God can prepare the natural jews to accept Jesus---- really?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 05:40 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
. . . do you doubt that God can prepare the natural jews to accept Jesus---- really?
Daniel prophesied the end of the covenant in ch 9, vs. 27. You might wish to review it. The covenant with natural Israel ended with the conversion of Cornelius.

And if natural Jews as a nation rejected Jesus the first time, what makes you think more than a few isolated individuals would accept him now?

Check out the tribes in the seventh chapter of Revelation and compare them against the historical tribes. Do you still think natural Israel is being referred to?
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 01:44 pm
neo did you not read the scriptures i gave in romans. paul said God wasn't finished with the natural jew, that they were just blinded right now bc its the time of the gentiles. but one day they will be saved. read those scriptures and then tell me rationally how you can still deny this.

Quote:
And if natural Jews as a nation rejected Jesus the first time, what makes you think more than a few isolated individuals would accept him now?

just to be clear, are you implying that no natural jew can be saved? or ever will be?

12 tribes of israel....from their father jacob...genesis 49
12 tribes of israel......revelation 7
same 12 tribes....
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 07:21 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
. . .
just to be clear, are you implying that no natural jew can be saved? or ever will be?
What makes you say that?
kate4christ03 wrote:

12 tribes of israel....from their father jacob...genesis 49
12 tribes of israel......revelation 7
same 12 tribes....
Are you certain?

Last chance.
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 08:53 pm
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 09:00 pm
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 02:09 pm
Quote:
Are you certain?

Last chance.
the only difference is dan and manasseh. dan not being mentioned in revelation and manasseh not mentioned in genesis 49.
dan's tribe was removed because his tribe turned away from God and abandoned its land allotment (josh 19:40-41) and manasseh is joseph's son(gen 48) who's tribe is mentioned in revelation. There is no way that these 12 tribes are gentiles. These are the 12 tribes of israel. and there is no way that these are 144,000 of the most faithful of your church leaders. Nowhere in scripture are christian gentiles named under the 12 tribes of israel. Remember paul said "there is neither jew nor greek in Christ, we are one..."

and the reason i asked if you believe jews can't be saved is because you made this statement.....
Quote:
And if natural Jews as a nation rejected Jesus the first time, what makes you think more than a few isolated individuals would accept him now
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 02:27 pm
Quote:

no...are you not even reading the verse...paul is writing to the romans (gentile christians) and telling them not to be conceited bc they are spiritual israel and God has turned his back on the jews. he says to the christians..." that a hardening in part has befallen Israel" if he were speaking of spiritual israel(christians) why is he saying they are hardened (meaning that their hearts have rejected God)? and why does he specifically mention that this hardening(rejection) will continue UNTIL the fullness of the gentiles? and you are ignoring verse 28
"Concerning the gospel THEY ARE ENEMIES (can't be christians bc we aren't enemies of God) but CONCERNING ELECTION they are beloved for the sake of the Father."
what does this mean...does this mean that all of the jews will be saved no matter what? that they can get salvation even if they reject CHrist and never have repentance of their sins?? NO
It means that as scripture states, there will be a time,(THe day of the Lord; Christ's second coming) when a remnant of the natural israel will see the Messiah coming out of the sky, recognize he is the one they pierced and they will weep with sorrow and remorse. and they will repent and God will forgive them and save them.
i want you to read Zech 12:10 and 13:1 also read chp 14(awesome chp on God saving a remnant of the jews) also as i just wrote above to neo, christians are never mentioned under 12 tribes of israel, we are grafted (adopted) into the salvation God gave the jews in the OT but we are not jew nor greek in Jesus. and revelation 7 specifically lists the 12 natural israeli tribes.
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 03:44 pm
no...are you not even reading the verse...
I read and replied. I will check Zechariah and respond a little later. Thanks Kate.
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 01:05 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
Quote:
revelation 7 specifically lists the 12 natural israeli tribes.

When the temple was destroyed in 70 CE by the Romans all Tribal records were lost/destroyed with the temple. Not one single person today claiming to be Jewish has any idea what Tribe he belongs to.

So why should Revelation 7:4-8 be taken literally?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 01:29 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
Quote:
Are you certain?

Last chance.
the only difference is dan and manasseh. dan not being mentioned in revelation and manasseh not mentioned in genesis 49.
dan's tribe was removed because his tribe turned away from God and abandoned its land allotment (josh 19:40-41) and manasseh is joseph's son(gen 48) who's tribe is mentioned in revelation. There is no way that these 12 tribes are gentiles. These are the 12 tribes of israel. and there is no way that these are 144,000 of the most faithful of your church leaders. Nowhere in scripture are christian gentiles named under the 12 tribes of israel. Remember paul said "there is neither jew nor greek in Christ, we are one..."
Thanks for rechecking your source, kate. You should do it more often.
kate4christ03 wrote:
and the reason i asked if you believe jews can't be saved is because you made this statement.....
Quote:
And if natural Jews as a nation rejected Jesus the first time, what makes you think more than a few isolated individuals would accept him now
So why did you ask the question when my statement implied the answer?
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 02:36 pm
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 03:30 pm
hankarin wrote:

When the temple was destroyed in 70 CE by the Romans all Tribal records were lost/destroyed with the temple. Not one single person today claiming to be Jewish has any idea what Tribe he belongs to.

Nonsense.

hankarin wrote:
So why should Revelation 7:4-8 be taken literally?

Doesn't the passage say that God is the One saying what tribe they are from?

Even if your earlier nonsense statement were true, the passage in Rev 7 doesn't say that the individuals are stating what tribe they are from.

Further, some understand the book of Revelation to contain some events related to the first century.

If you were a Jew alive in 70 AD, do you think that the day after the Temple was destroyed you would've forgotten what tribe you were from?
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 04:51 pm
Quote:
Thanks for rechecking your source, kate. You should do it more often.

there was no need to recheck, nor was i incorrect. But, I will apologize for assuming that you knew that one tribe had been replaced in the ot with another. I took for granted what i thought was common knowledge. and as i have stated before (and you choose to ignore) there is no way that these 144,000 are leaders and various other members from your church. This list is a list of natural israel, bc christians are never listed under specific tribes.
Quote:

because it's hard for me to comprehed that the man who teaches everyone will have a second chance of salvation, has a hard time believing that many jewish ppl can and will come to believe in Christ. pretty contradictory and totally unscriptural.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:13 pm
Quote:
no...are you not even reading the verse...paul is writing to the romans (gentile christians) and telling them not to be conceited bc they are spiritual israel and God has turned his back on the jews. he says to the christians..." that a hardening in part has befallen Israel" if he were speaking of spiritual israel(christians) why is he saying they are hardened (meaning that their hearts have rejected God)? and why does he specifically mention that this hardening(rejection) will continue UNTIL the fullness of the gentiles? and you are ignoring verse 28
"Concerning the gospel THEY ARE ENEMIES (can't be christians bc we aren't enemies of God) but CONCERNING ELECTION they are beloved for the sake of the Father."
what does this mean...does this mean that all of the jews will be saved no matter what? that they can get salvation even if they reject CHrist and never have repentance of their sins?? NO
It means that as scripture states, there will be a time,(THe day of the Lord; Christ's second coming) when a remnant of the natural israel will see the Messiah coming out of the sky, recognize he is the one they pierced and they will weep with sorrow and remorse. and they will repent and God will forgive them and save them.

i am posting this again because neither of you have responded. also i would like to point out that Zecheriah was not partially fulfilled on the day of pentacost, if anything some of joel (which peter preached of was) but no zecheriah. and as for acts 3:17-20, the scripture is clear that its concerning the prophecies of Christ's death, not his second coming. Two different events and as i said read malachi also... bc so far this hasn't occured:
Malachi 14
Im not going to write it out bc its long, but go and read this chp.
and Im in agreeance with RL on the list of tribes in Revelation.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:30 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
. . . .
Quote:

because it's hard for me to comprehed that the man who teaches everyone will have a second chance of salvation, has a hard time believing that many jewish ppl can and will come to believe in Christ. pretty contradictory and totally unscriptural.
But that is not what I have been saying about natural Jews. They have just as much opportunity as any one else.
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 07:20 pm
Verbal claims are, as you say (nonsense).

Ask an orthodox Jew to prove it and you will see it is not nonsense. The records are the proof and they don't exist. Anything a Jew might say is just a claim and not provable. Thats the dilemma that they themselves are more aware of than you are.
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 08:04 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
Quote:

there is no way that these 144,000 are leaders and various other members from your church.

Everyone who claims to be a Christian should recognize who these 144,000 individuals are. They include all the faithful men and women mentioned in the Greek Scriptures since Pentecost 33 CE(AD). (Acts 2:1-4) The Apostles, Jewish proselytes (Acts 8:26-40) and Gentile (Acts 10:1, 2, 44-48) all annointed by holy spirit to rule in heaven with Christ. They are not "members of our church." That is nonsense.

They are annointed Christians. The "firstfruits" (not leftovers) that rule with Christ. (Revelation 14:1-4; 5:9, 10; 7:4; 20:4)

Other fellow Christians are to look to them as the ones Jehovah God has chosen to take the lead in aiding others to salvation. (Matthew 24:45-47)

Revelation 7:4 is in harmony with Luke 12:32 (small, fixed, literal).

Revelation 7:9 is in harmony with John 10:16 (many, open to all) Their future, according to Scripture, is to live forever in paradise on earth. (Isaiah 55:10, 11; 46:10, 11; 45:18; 9:6, 7; Psalm 72:7, 8; 37:9-11, 29; Matthew 6:9, 10; Revelarion 21:3-5)
0 Replies