UFO's

happycat

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:09 am
NickFun wrote:
I know a woman who is now about 80. In 1960 she, her husband and child were driving though France. Suddenly they saw a bright object directly in front of them. They all blacked out and woke up about 2 hours later sitting in their car about 75 miles from where they had been. A few days later men in black showed up at her door and swore her to secrecy on what she had seen. She told me this story in 1980, long before the movie came out.

What? UFO's in FRANCE?
French Men in Black?

Now that I find difficult to believe
Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:24 am
Didn't you all see this on the news a couple of weeks ago?

Watch the video.

Explain it? I saw it the one morning on CNN, then nothing reported since then. Can no one explain it or.... Are we really not alone?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 11:12 am
I swear this is the story she told. She described the men as dressed all in black with dark sunglasses. I ws in college dating her daughter at the time. There was more to it but these are the main details I can recall.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 04:41 pm
squinney wrote:
Didn't you all see this on the news a couple of weeks ago?

Watch the video.

Explain it? I saw it the one morning on CNN, then nothing reported since then. Can no one explain it or.... Are we really not alone?

Creepy. Maybe the aliens are Shakespeare fans. Maybe they were doing Romeo & Juliet that night, the one about "star-crossed" lovers.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 03:27 am
I reckon they are out there. A long way out there. Don't see how they are going to make it all the way here anytime soon.

(In other words, what Equus said)
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 09:01 pm
I once saw a light in the evening sky, FAR to bright to be anything man made. It was moving slowly and steadily across the sky at a high altitude. I was just about to conclude that it couldn't possibly be anything man made (due to the brightness of the light), and couldn't possibly be anything natural due to it's flight behavior, when it suddenly shifted slightly in angle, and the light went out revealing .... an airliner which had been reflecting the setting sun directly at me.

Another time I saw rolling pinwheel of red lights in the night sky, moving slowly just above tree-top height. It was completely silent and sometimes hovered and other times moved along smoothly. Several of my friends saw it as well, and we couldn't figure out what it could be. It turned out to be a large smoldering newspaper ember which had wafted into the air and was kept aloft from its own heat as the shreds of the paper smoldered.

That's as close as I ever came to seeing UFO's. Everything else I've seen I've been able to identify without much fanfare.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:23 pm
Re: UFO's
Jeremiah wrote:
Who's a believer?

My brother says we are the only living creatures here in the universe.

To me...that is statistically impossible.

Upon what evidence
did he reach that conclusion ?

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:27 pm
djjd62 wrote:

when i was a young lad, i used to lay awake nights staring out the window
and try to send telepathic signals to the aliens to come and get me

to the best of my knowledge they never did

this has led me to one of two conclusions, they either don't exist or they're miserable bastards who'd rather abduct unwilling subjects

U just can 't trust those aliens.
U shud not put up with such abuse.

Did u complain to the I.N.S. ?
0 Replies

averner

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 01:03 am
hmm I saw an object flying by once and I couldn't tell what it was, in other words I saw an Unidentified Flying Object!!!!

basically if we can't identify it, it doesn't mean it's a vessel for extraterrestrials..

the term UFO is kind of funny
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 09:26 am
UFOs are no joke, group says by Daphne Benoit
Tue Nov 13, 12:02 AM ET

UFOs may be fodder for comedians but there was no joking Monday when a group of former pilots recounted seeing strange phenomena in the sky and demanded the US government reopen an investigation into unidentified flying objects.

Several pilots offered dramatic accounts of witnessing UFOs -- including a transparent flying disc and a triangular craft with mysterious markings -- as they insisted their questions needed to be taken seriously more than 30 years after the US file was closed.

"We want the US government to stop perpetuating the myth that all UFOs can be explained away in down-to-earth, conventional terms," said Fife Symington, former governor of Arizona and air force pilot who says he saw a UFO in 1997.

"Instead our country needs to reopen its official investigation that it shut down in 1969," Symington told a news conference.

"We believe that for reasons of both national security and flight safety, every country should make an effort to identify any object in its airspace," said a statement from the 19 former pilots and government officials from around the world.

The subject of UFOs came up in a recent debate among US presidential candidates, with Democrat Dennis Kucinich saying he once saw a UFO -- making him the object of ridicule and jokes by late night television comedians.

Skeptics say UFO sightings are merely aircraft, satellites or meteors re-entering the Earth's atmosphere.

But the retired pilots spoke to a sympathetic audience of UFO "believers" who heard them recall their encounters with seemingly other-worldly objects appearing out of the sky.

"Nothing in my training prepared me for what we were witnessing," said James Penniston, a retired US Air Force pilot, as he described seeing and touching a UFO when he was stationed at a British air base in Woodbridge.

He said he saw an inexplicable triangular craft in a clearing in the woods with "blue and yellow lights swirling around the exterior."

The UFO was "warm to the touch and felt like metal," Penniston said. One side of the craft had pictorial symbols and "the largest symbol was a triangle, which was centered in the middle of the others," he said.

Then after 45 minutes the light from the object "began to intensify" and it then "shot off at an unbelievable speed" before 80 Air Force personnel, he said. "In my logbook, I wrote 'speed: impossible.'"

Rodrigo Bravo from Chile's air force said UFOs needed to be studied but lamented that the media often belittle the sightings.

"Sadly the UFO subject has been contaminated with false information, out of touch with reality, provided by unqualified people to the media," Bravo said.

"One of our most important civil aviation cases occurred in 1988, showing that unidentified flying objects can be a danger for air operations," he said.

"A Boeing 737 pilot on a final approach to the runway at the Puerto Montt airport suddenly encountered a large white light surrounded by green and red."

The pilot took a sharp turn to avoid a collision, according to Bravo.

The panel included a former Iranian fighter pilot, Parviz Jafari, who said in 1976 he tried in vain to fire from his jet at an "object which was flashing with intense red, green, orange and blue light" over Tehran.

But when he approached, "my weapons jammed and my radio communications garbled."

A former Air France captain, Jean-Charles Duboc, said in 1994 he and his crew saw "a huge flying disc" near Paris with a diameter of about 300 meters (1,000 feet) that left no sign on radar.

The disc "became transparent and disappeared in about 10 to 20 seconds," Duboc said.

The former pilot said like other major airlines Air France was mindful of its image and it was difficult to raise the subject of UFOs.

A former official with the Federal Aviation Administration, John Callahan, said government agencies discourage inquiries into UFOs.

"'Who believes in UFOs?' is the kind of attitude of the FAA all the time," he said.

"However, when I asked the CIA person: 'What do you think it was,' he responded 'a UFO.'"

When Callahan suggested the government tell Americans about a UFO, the CIA official allegedly told him: "'No way, if we were to tell the American public there are UFOs they would panic.'"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071113/ts_afp/usspaceufo;_ylt=Aqh8Zi.aLrqXb7FwY1C_Ml2s0NUE
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 09:35 am
djjd62 wrote:
when i was a young lad, i used to lay awake nights staring out the window and try to send telepathic signals to the aliens to come and get me

to the best of my knowledge they never did...
glad you qualified that. Of course you wouldnt know would you? Thats the whole point.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 10:34 am
There are unexplained lights in the sky
There is the phenomena of sleep paralysis
The brain is capable of playing all sorts of tricks with the senses
There are secret military projects
And aerial/atmospheric phenomena
Meteors
Satellites

Plus all sorts of mis identified helicopters aeroplanes weather balloons and airships

Plus a whole industry selling fanciful stories to gullible readers.

and not one scrap of any evidence at all ever that this planet is or ever has been visited by alien intelligent life.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 10:40 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
and not one scrap of any evidence at all ever that this planet is or ever has been visited by alien intelligent life.

And what if you just delete the word "alien", is it any better?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 10:46 am
Francis wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

And what if you just delete the word "alien", is it any better?
I take your point. But actually if you deleted the word intelligent I might be tempted to agree. Some people think there is evidence of virus or even bacteria regularly showering earth. http://www.amazon.com/Cosmic-Life-Force-Fred-Hoyle/dp/1557782660
0 Replies