http://www.noendinsightmovie.com/?gclid=CNimlv2h3I0CFSguYQodIAh8YQ
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 820 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 11:53 pm
Looks like a great documentary. Though it's about five years to late or maybe it's five years early.It takes about ten years for the Masses to except or comprehend the truth.

To bad we are chained to them. The masses are the perfect victim.

"A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip."

-Caskie Stinnett, Out of the Red (1960)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 12:42 am
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

-Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

"In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time."

-Edward P. Tryon

Laughing .......... Crying or Very sad we're f%#ked.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:55 am
Did you happen to catch Saturday night on ABC's four part series "Masters of Science Fiction" (an studio exec axed the rest of the series)? It's theme was anti-war but that's all I can reveal -- it's from a Nebula Award winning short story. From The Hollywood Reporter:

First up on Saturday is "A Clean Escape," with a teleplay by Sam Egan and direction from Rydell. Oh, and by the way, it just so happens that it stars Judy Davis and Sam Waterston (Oscar nominees both) in the futuristic John Kessel tale about a dying doctor (Davis) who goes to great lengths to uncover why a patient of hers (Waterston) can't remember the past 25 years of his life. It's smart and twisty and intense and superbly performed, with Rydell's directorial work lifting the piece to a whole other level.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 09:05 am
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 12:46 pm
There is one thing about war. It creates a wave of creative vitality.

Music, painting, Documentary, movies, art.

Although it makes me a little sick to say that.

I gotta see this movie.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 06:07 pm
It creates a wave of a transitory business boom in what Eisenhower greatly feared -- the Military-Industrial Complex. It's not going to be an easy time going back to a peace time economy, but since this war is now the longest war the US has ever engaged in, when is the end in sight?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:16 pm
Is it really the longest war we ever had?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:22 pm
http://www.economist.com/world/na/displaystory.cfm?story_id=7854412

It's really the third longest war, Vietnam being the longest, but it's symbolic now to deem it the longest war as it is going to easily last through Bush's administration and beyond.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 02:54 am
"the ghosts of Vietnam had been laid to rest beneath the sands of the Arabian desert."

-President George Bush (1991, after the Persian Gulf War)

Laughing He was laid to rest but it turns out he was just taking a nap.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 07:30 am
The ghosts of Vietnam are all around us trying to holler "Boo!," but a fourth of the populace obviously doesn't believe in ghosts. I guess one of them would have to come up and bite them in the ass.
0 Replies