There was a time

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:13 pm
most of my 62 + years I have been a strong supporter of gun ownership rights. Having encountered such persons as Shiksa, OmSickDavid etal I have changed my opinion and would give up my gun ownership rights should the law so decree solely on the basis that those that support such rights are wackos that frighten the mass citizenship of america. and endanger life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for common citizens.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,311 • Replies: 40
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:25 pm
I sometimes sort of see gun ownership, but have not owned one in many years. I feel humankind has to somehow be weaned from weapons of mass destruction, of which guns are a part, if they are to survive.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:25 pm
I think of a2k as a good example ( or sample if you will) of random citizens of america.

Everything from people who have moved out of the country, to people who eat breathe and **** america are here.

Luckily, the nuts are the minority around here.

i think they are the minority away from the computer as well.
It is just that they talk so damn loud, no one else can be heard over them. There for outsiders think we are ALL like that.

What.. out of.. 58,000 members on this forum, how many are loud gun nuts?
Eh. we can name them on one hand

If america was full of them, I would think you would see more here.

but, im grabbin at straws i guess
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:45 pm
I never had any problems with "gun ownership" as a right. Most of the people I know who own guns are responsible individuals, and I do not worry they will misuse them. I did go hunting with rifles and pistols as a young man with borrowed firearms, and had sidearms while in the US Air Force when working with nuclear weapons and Top Secret documents from base headquarters to our secured area.

I also owned some air pistols I used for target practice.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 04:44 am
Quote:
Most the people I know who own guns are responsible individuals, and I do not worry they will misuse them.

'Most' ?
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:15 am
There was a time when I liked guys in Stetsons. Having encounted people like dyslexia I've changed my opinion.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:18 am
I'm curious as to what my support of hunting, fishing, and the 2A has you so concerned?

Maybe you're just scared of my avatar?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:20 am
Seriously Dys - make an attempt to at least listen to Ted Nugent speak on the topic of gun ownership, hunting and fishing, and personal upgrade. Just once.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:24 am
Since Baltimore's murder rate is going to probably hit the 300 mark for the first time in several years, the only guns that concern me are illegal and unregistered guns that are used by gang members (yes we now have Bloods and Crips) to kill innocent bystanders. I don't care that they are killing each other, except that it gives Baltimore a bad name and dirty streets.

So, hunters and the like are of little consequence since they are doing what they do legally, use what they kill, and it's a fact that herds need to be thinned at times.

Though I have to admit there's no way in hell I could shoot the family of deer that I'm watching right now in my backyard. (There's a young one not much bigger than my dog,)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:47 am
"The cuter the critter, the sweeter the meat!" -TN
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 07:28 am
All of us --who have been around hunters --have known hundreds of people who just like the idea of lurking and crunching around in the dim, dark woods hoping to get a deer.

There's also the bunch who wade knee-deep in grass following the dogs, waiting for the birds to rise.

There are others prepared to sit for hours in a cramped blind to have a single chance at firing a shotgun in the direction of some tourist ducks.

None of them will display the kind of obsessive-compulsive paranoid behavior we have come to identify with the gun-nut. (Unless you ask some of the deer hunters to tell you what's in that foul-smelling stuff they are dripping on the trees, but that sauce is a personal secret.) Very Happy

The gun-nut needs to have weapons in the same way that a junkie needs a fix. One is never enough, the next one needs to be bigger, faster, stronger and they need to be able to obtain these weapons with as much privacy as possible, that creates a better possession buzz, hence their most vociferous protests against any process that would allow law enforcement speedy tracking of the movements of weapons from person to person.

As with other junkies, they really are victims of their pushers, the gun dealers, the guys who make sure there is another weapon to possess,
no matter how wacko the buyer might be, or in whose criminal hands such weapons may end up.

Oh, they, the dealers, are sure sorry about the young cop who was shot twice in the face the other day by ANOTHER handgun out of the ****-all-of-you-nosey-Yankees-State of Virginia, but no, they will not stop selling guns to the gangs because then they would have to stop selling guns to the gun-nuts.

Joe(see? It's commerce. Right, Ted? Right, Mr. LaPierre?)Nation
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 07:32 am
The last gun I bought was a youth 20-gauge shotgun so I could take my son with me upland bird hunting.

The next gun I plan to purchase is a .22LR plinker to replace the one we've worn out with thousands of rounds of fun.

So there, Mr. Joe Gun Control Nation.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 07:53 am
cjhsa: I wasn't talking about you, was I?

I was talking about the gun-nuts.

Why would you think that had anything to do with you?

(Btw: Apropos of nothing, I have to laugh every time I read your name now, someone on A2k told me he pronounces it "Shiksa". Cracks me up.)

Oh, and yeah, nice try on trying to make out like this is about frigging .22s.

Joe(jeez)Nation
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 08:00 am
I'm glad that making fun of my name makes you gay and happy.

And by the way, the caliber of an AR-15 (M-16) is .223.

Just in case you didn't know.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 08:02 am
happycat wrote:
There was a time when I liked guys in Stetsons. Having encounted people like dyslexia I've changed my opinion.

Stetsons don't kill people...ummm....do they?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 08:03 am
It's a phase.

Joe(I'm sure I'll grow out of it.)Nation
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 12:21 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I sometimes sort of see gun ownership, but have not owned one in many years. I feel humankind has to somehow be weaned from weapons of mass destruction, of which guns are a part, if they are to survive.

I agree except for the gun part. We should get rid of supermarkets and mega-malls, the true WMD's of America.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 05:54 am
cjhsa wrote:
I'm glad that making fun of my name makes you gay and happy.

And by the way, the caliber of an AR-15 (M-16) is .223.

Just in case you didn't know.

Did know. Fired a couple of them about a hundred times, though never in anger or danger.

Joe(I am not an angry or dangerous man)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 07:28 am
cjhsa wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

I agree except for the gun part. We should get rid of supermarkets and mega-malls, the true WMD's of America.

I left out mention of malls as being off-subject.
0 Replies

flakker

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 07:34 am
Quote:
We should get rid of supermarkets and mega-malls, the true WMD's of America.

ok, now this concept i dont get.
0 Replies