WEIRD RECIPES AND CONCOCTIONS

fealola

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 06:19 pm
Last night at a large business function, my husband asked the bartender for Ginger Ale. The bartender said he didn't have any but that he would make him some. He poured some club soda into a glass and added some Coke. My husband said it tasted just like Ginger Ale!

Have you tried this? Do you know any other strange and creative ideas like this that really work?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,679 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:48 pm
Thousand Island Dressing

sour cream
relish
ketchup
blend
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:56 pm
My heart, my heart! 'Lizbeth, I'm comin' to join you!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 09:10 pm
I've never been a fan of Thousand Island, but then I've only been exposed to bottled. How does Ceilli's differ from the "authentic" recipe?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 11:42 pm
Probably not much.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 10:41 am
Whatever club soda is we dont call it that at our side of the pond, but if as the name suggests it is just soda water, how can putting coke into it make it taste like ginger beer?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 10:44 am
Beats me Kev, but he said it did! I guess we'll have to try it..

Yes, Club Sodo= Soda water or seltzer
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 11:04 am
fealola,

You sure that the "coke" that went into this concoction was something to do with the coca cola company????
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 11:07 am
What do you you mean, kev?
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 11:33 am
fealola,

please dont be offended by my british sense of humour, I assure you that there was no offence intended, sometimes humour doesn't carry across the pond too well, which is why here we never knew what the hell bob hope was talking about.

I was jokingly suggesting that if the "coke" added to soda was a substance other than "cola" then the drink would taste like anything you wanted it to be.

I wish now that I hadn't posted it.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 11:52 am
No offence taken Kev! Smile I get the British sense of humor all right! What doesn't translate here is the typing of words as opposed to actually hearing them!

I wasn't sure if it was a joke or a serious inquiry. I didn't mean to sound like I was offended!Smile

Now that I know what you meant I say, " Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing "
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 12:04 pm
You are absolutely right fealola, sometimes the written word doesn't accurately convey the sentiment-- unless of course we make every posting a minimum of 10 paragraphs, that might do it.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 12:26 pm
Yes, we could go on and on! Look how many smiley's I used to convey my non-offended-ness!
0 Replies