SORRY I GOT YOUR "WHALE RECIPES" THREAD LOCKED UP CJ

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 08:42 pm
For the record, I had nothing to do with getting the thread locked. I may have vented a bit passionately. I think that, as a responsible sportsman (a position that you most often wish to portray on these boards), you would be concerned about conservation of threatened , endangered , and "harrassed" species. Many species of whales are so close to extinction that we may see their departure in oiur lifetimes (ALL due to the hands of humans).
If you think that a thread celebrating these ouitcomes is funny, then you and I have differing senses of humor.
Im a hypocrit, I know, I once said that spotted owl has mmore dark meat than pheasant. I regret having said that even in jest because it empowers guys like you and Om sig and some of other of the Gilgemesh children to consider this "joke" as advocacy for extermination.

Extinction by ntural means is one thing, but to wantonly deplete one of the planets inhabitants that has a 45 million year head start on us and all the scar marks of a forced evolution , only shows that we havent eveolved to a moral highpoint as we may falsely believe.

Dont make me come up there to the Cherry pit state and pound the crap out of Nugent, Thatll hit you where you live. Stay f**k away from my whales unless you wanna become pelagic.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,432 • Replies: 30
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 08:54 pm
I'm packing a lunch for one of your friends, FMan. He'll be waiting for you at the Queenston/Lewiston Bridge. You can convoy to deer jerky world from there.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 08:55 pm
Wait. Calamity Jane likes shooting whales?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 11:42 pm
What did Gilgamesh do to whales?

I've always thought of him as fine chappie, for a god.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 04:50 am
Here's a good whale recipe: About twenty good size fish. No prep needed. They like them raw.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 04:55 am
Gilgamesh, though a god king, ws, by legend , not a very nice guy. HE had some HErodian instincts about him and I often use him as a convenient :historical" reference. It turns out that Gilgamesh had an AKA, name of Nimrod. Nimrod was supposedly a great grandson of Noah in GEnesis 10. (He was a "mighty hunter" and I think that this is where the term actually originated , at least in a cartoony sense).The use of Nimrod as a Gilgamesh Aka Ive always found fascinating in the development of the Flood legend, because Nimrod was the founder of many cities referred to 9n the Bible.> Its the "mighty hunter" refernece Ive played with. It was probably too much of an inside reference, sorry . Im not really good at this humor thing, but I am pissed off enough at the boy for messing with whales. Whales , with me, are like NIAGARA FALLS. (cf Abbott, C, and L Costello, 1974 .The Niagara Falls skit, from WHOS"S ON FIRST?.(acollection of famous skits by Abbott and Costello) Scribner and Son.

The family linkage is from the Chaldean account of the "Flood" , as deciphered by George Smith in the late 1800's.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 06:03 am
cjhsa acts like of perverted adolescent desperate for attention. To try and remedy such ignorance is futile. Maybe one day I will read about him as a winner of a Darwin Award (self extinction via idiocy); you know - he will be masterbating using the barrel of his shot gun and both will go off, but until then I'm just going to ignore him.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 06:07 am

You'll go to Hell for lyin', too . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 06:17 am
Farmerman is so schlecht as Galgeholz ... :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 06:26 am
Unfortunately "free speech" doesn't mean either "thoughtful speech" or "pleasant conversation".

Personally, I'm with you about whales, Farmerman.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 06:36 am
farmerman wrote:
Gilgamesh, though a god king, ws, by legend , not a very nice guy. HE had some HErodian instincts about him and I often use him as a convenient :historical" reference. It turns out that Gilgamesh had an AKA, name of Nimrod. Nimrod was supposedly a great grandson of Noah in GEnesis 10. (He was a "mighty hunter" and I think that this is where the term actually originated , at least in a cartoony sense).The use of Nimrod as a Gilgamesh Aka Ive always found fascinating in the development of the Flood legend, because Nimrod was the founder of many cities referred to 9n the Bible.> Its the "mighty hunter" refernece Ive played with. It was probably too much of an inside reference, sorry . Im not really good at this humor thing, but I am pissed off enough at the boy for messing with whales. Whales , with me, are like NIAGARA FALLS. (cf Abbott, C, and L Costello, 1974 .The Niagara Falls skit, from WHOS"S ON FIRST?.(acollection of famous skits by Abbott and Costello) Scribner and Son.

The family linkage is from the Chaldean account of the "Flood" , as deciphered by George Smith in the late 1800's.

Aaaaaargh! Gotcha, of course!

I was confusing Gilgamesh

http://publish.uwo.ca/~asuksi/gilgamesh.jpg

with Ganesh....

http://sasw.chass.ncsu.edu/fl/faculty/taj/hindi/ganesha.jpg

a delightful creature, whose goodly self, carved in wood, decorates one of my speakers!

Setanta wrote:

You'll go to Hell for lyin', too . . .

Here you go, Farmerman:

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/20757.jpg
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 06:43 am
Hey, I've eaten whale. Pretty good stuff, why all the noise?

Wikipedia wrote:
Quote:
Norway has registered an objection to the International Whaling Commission moratorium, and is thus not bound by it. In 1993, Norway resumed a commercial catch, following a period of five years where a small catch was made under a scientific permit. The catch is made solely from the Northeast Atlantic Minke Whale population, which is estimated to consist of about 110,000 animals. Norwegian Minke Whale catches have fluctuated between 503 animals in 1997 to 546 in 2006.

It's not like the minke whale is endangered, so why is farmerman so upset? -insert joke about it being farmermans time of the month here-
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 06:53 am
WAlter
Quote:
schlecht as Galgeholz .

Oder drollig as eine Krucke. I dont have an umlaut on my keyboard, wheres the "any" key.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 07:12 am
I thought Gilgamesh was much to busy spreading brotherly love in the Middle East to visit A2K.

Nimrod, now. In PA every year on the Monday after Thanksgiving Weekend, Nimrod's legions invade both State Game Lands and Private Property. Off-season, Nimrod has lots of time.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 07:23 am
A2K allowing this thread to exist is a travesty. Do the moderators actually give a ****?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 07:31 am
cjhsa wrote:
A2K allowing this thread to exist is a travesty. Do the moderators actually give a ****?
We now have proof shiksa has a sense of humour.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 03:07 pm
Coolwhip
Quote:
It's not like the minke whale is endangered, so why is farmerman so upset? -
. I didnt see where CJ posted any species eference did you?

Studies have shown that the Japanese, Norwegians, Icelanders, and any other pro whaling nation are just a bunch of individual companies whove bullied their govts to buy into the line-of- crap that whales need to be "harvested". Whales secies, once preferred for hunting , are on the verge of ectinction and populations may not recover. Minkes, while seemingly abundant now, are evoving into ever smaller subspecies , is this due to hunting minkes? (which only became popular as the large whales were disappearing). The only "research" that the JApanese and Norwegians are interested in , has to do with whale recipes.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 03:23 pm
farmerman wrote:

Studies have shown that the Japanese, Norwegians, Icelanders, and any other pro whaling nation are just a bunch of individual companies whove bullied their govts to buy into the line-of- crap that whales need to be "harvested". Whales secies, once preferred for hunting , are on the verge of ectinction and populations may not recover. Minkes, while seemingly abundant now, are evoving into ever smaller subspecies , is this due to hunting minkes? (which only became popular as the large whales were disappearing). The only "research" that the JApanese and Norwegians are interested in , has to do with whale recipes.

How can you say that the mink whale is on the verge of extincion when there are an estemated 110 000 animals in the world and the quota this year is 670 whales and Iceland and Japan fish for scientific reasons (well, so they claim).

I'd be very interested in reading any studies that could change my view, do you have a link for these studies? Preferably to the one claiming that the norwegian government has been bullied by large companies to permit whale hunting.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 04:03 pm
COOLWHIP, let us work on our reading comprehension skills. Nowhere did I say that minkes are nearing extinction. I said other species are. Also, your numbers of minkes in the world is low .

I said that minkes are seemingly evolving into a statistically smaller species (similar to swordfish and tuna). Is this due to "Harvesting"?

It all starts with the statement that "Theres an unlimited amount of (insert species name here). Then, the logical conclusion is that we should be allowed to hunt the crap out of them.
AS far as Companies being the culprit, I just took a wild guess, because I dont think that the JApanese Government is doing anything with the whales. PS, the Japanese company that bought out Gortons Seafood backed off its minke whaling quota when consumers quit buying their damned "fish sticks"

MY reason for writing this thread was to get under CJ's skin. HEs the "conservationist hunter" who thinks hes being cute when he posts whale reicpes (species undefined) . The discussion about whaling , isnt this thread btw, MSOLGA has a nice thread thats been going for over a year on the subject of Japanese "Research whaling" where all the test subjects seem to wind up in sushi restaurants.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 04:24 pm
farmerman wrote:
COOLWHIP, let us work on our reading comprehension skills. Nowhere did I say that minkes are nearing extinction. I said other species are. Also, your numbers of minkes in the world is low .

Cj didn't say anything about any particular spacies, but I thought it was
implyed that it was the mink whale because it is the only whale hunted comercially (as well as for "research").
Quote:

AS far as Companies being the culprit, I just took a wild guess, because I dont think that the JApanese Government is doing anything with the whales.

Can you please stop claiming that "research has shown" when taking wild
guesses?

Quote:

MY reason for writing this thread was to get under CJ's skin. HEs the "conservationist hunter" who thinks hes being cute when he posts whale reicpes (species undefined) . The discussion about whaling , isnt this thread btw, MSOLGA has a nice thread thats been going for over a year on the subject of Japanese "Research whaling" where all the test subjects seem to wind up in sushi restaurants.

Yes, we can both agree on cj being an idiot. However, I can't find a reason
why everybody seems to think that whale hunting is such a crime aginst
nature.
0 Replies