Chai

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 12:34 pm
I think ricksangs threads are fun.

I don't care if it's so far in the future, or even if she changes her mind half a dozen times.....it's nice thinking about all sorts of plans.

Now, if ricksang was acting all bridezilla and stressed out, that'd be different. but I get the impression she's just imagining options.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 02:08 pm
ricksang: what about licorice? And tiger ice cream or mango gelato - that goes along with the Hallowe'en motif.

I'm not a fan of candy, myself, so don't have much to offer you, but you can colour just about anything black...

Are you still considering the Hallowe'en idea?
0 Replies

ricksang

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 02:32 pm
Thanks Chai, your great!!! I would never become bridezilla, I am to nice. Can you imagine how aweful those girls must be if they act like that planning something fun like a wedding. Mame Yes, I am doing it on Halloween. We already rented the castle, it is a replica, of course. Smile http://louisianacastle.com. I do want Halloween candy, I think that would be fun. You are right, we are coloring some of the real flowers black, although I don't know what they will be yet. We have decided the cake flavor will be red velvet with raspberry filling so when you cut into it, it looks as if it is bleeding, lol. The cake will be black and white. I love planning my wedding. I bet wedding plnners have the coolest jobs!!!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 02:42 pm
no....the other ladies here are all right, everyones being helpful....and I'm not great....ask anyone.

everyone hates me, especially mame.
0 Replies

ricksang

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 02:47 pm
lol. Yes everyone seems pretty great.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 02:49 pm
Oh!

speaking of bleeding red velvet cake....have you seen Steel Magnolias?

The classic scene where the grooms cake was a big red velvet armadillo, and the father(?) wacks off the tail... Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 02:52 pm
ricksang wrote:
lol. Yes everyone seems pretty great.

except for mame.

she hates me.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 02:57 pm
A college classmate--with grown children--was married for the second time on Halloween. The wedding (a second for both bride and groom) was limited to immediate familes. The reception was a costume party and everyone had a wonderful time.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 03:06 pm
Halloween candies? I love tootsie rolls, and butter fingers, and Hershey kisses, and M &M's and skittlets. There should be so much available
2 months prior to Halloween, I am sure you'll find tons of it.

I actually would not limit the candy to black and white, having lots of colorful candies filled in giant round glass vases or tubes would look so
nice.

Is the priest who is marrying you off, going to wear a vampire costume?
0 Replies

ricksang

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 03:17 pm
Yes I thought about different colors that would be pretty, with an ice sculpture in the middle of the table. We aren't doing costumes. It is a black tie wedding. If it were up to my mom, we would all be in costume Smile. Jane I am not sure who will marry us yet. Chai, yes I love that movie, it is one of my favs. Noddy, I bet it was a blast!! Halloween is my all time favorite holiday, except maybe Christmas, but only because I get to cook and bake up a storm.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 03:53 pm
Another random-ish idea -- the last couple of years, Pottery Barn has had some really cool and realistic-looking owls and crows (made with real feathers) for Halloween decorations. (We have a crow that we got two Halloweens ago in permanent residence in our kitchen, he gets a lot of double-takes.) They could be good additions to the table (and elsewhere, perching all menacing-like). The owls last year were especially cool.
0 Replies

ricksang

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 04:15 pm
Soz, that is a cool idea. My mom does haunted houses every year I am sure she has that kind of stuff.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 04:19 pm
What about candy spiders?

What are you serving to eat, by the way? There are sites on the internet (primarily for kids Very Happy ) which have recipes for things like: ghoul-ash, bloody eyeballs (eggs), etc... that would be fun.

And I don't hate Chai - don't even know her, in fact, so ignore her comments Very Happy She's full of malarkey!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 05:45 pm
So last night....meant nothing?

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 08:47 pm
Well, I wouldn't say "nothing"...if only you'd kept your bra on, Chai. THat was my undoing.
0 Replies

ricksang

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 08:43 am
Lol you two are silly!!! Mame we are having a buffet style menu. Gumbo, jambalaya, bbq beef brisket, a carving table with (undecided) meat, several appetizers, cheese and fruit trays, drinks, and achohol, and other things I will add on in the future when we finalize the menu. We may have to provide our own bartender if the caterer doesn't, then I have to figure out what to stock at a full, open bar.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 09:12 am
Ricksang
Ricksang, I think you will enjoy this site:

halloween stuff
BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 09:23 am
Ricksang
Ricksang, these witches hat candy-cookies would be easy and fun to make.

Witches hats recipe

BBB
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 12:37 pm
Sorry if this has been brought up before....too lazy to go back and reread Embarrassed

You mentioned vegetable and fruit trays, and the candy buffet. Are you planning on any kind of protein?

Between the candy and alcohol, you'll have a lot of people crashing and burning this their only alternatives is fruit and veggies.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 12:49 pm
ricksang wrote:
Lol you two are silly!!! Mame we are having a buffet style menu. Gumbo, jambalaya, bbq beef brisket, a carving table with (undecided) meat, several appetizers, cheese and fruit trays, drinks, and achohol, and other things I will add on in the future when we finalize the menu. We may have to provide our own bartender if the caterer doesn't, then I have to figure out what to stock at a full, open bar.

She mentions proteins here.
0 Replies