Superhero 2

kermit

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 04:58 pm
Has anyone seen the show (Who Wants to Be a...) Superhero 2 on the SCI FI channel in the states...it's on in the UK too, but not sure what time/channel?

The new season is starting up soon, so I was hoping there were some other peeps out there to chat about it...

Stan Lee is the man, and I'm glad he was able to get a project like this!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,276 • Replies: 17
No top replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 08:28 am
Ok, Froggy, I watched it last night.

There is an element of cheese unsurpassed by any reality show I've seen before. I like the idea that the grand prize is IMMORTALITY (as Lee puts it) and having last year's winner Flashback as the guy who round them up was a nice touch.

I think my favorite thing about the show is the freeze-frame to comic book cutout before they go to commercial.

Kermit, I would like to change the course of this thread, if you could be a superhero, what would be your name and what special powers would you have?

I would be SuperMegaFinanceMan, and I would be able to spot would-be consumers before they make a fatal purchase... THWARTING BUYERS REMORSE ONE TRANSACTION AT A TIME!
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 10:44 am
Cool, Woody...

Yeah...I mean...I kinda feel like a bit of cheese is to be expected...I don't see how anyone could try and pull that show-off trying to be completely serious.

I too, LOVE those animated cuts to commercial...I think they look so cool. I would love to get myself animated like that!!?!

And, I think I would have to FROG-MAN, obviously. But a cool one, though...built, with the powers to jump crazy heights and attack people with my venomous secretions and whip-like-tongue...
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 05:35 pm
Also...I think a good number of the contestants were/are from TX, this year. I saw something about that somewhere...I'll see if I can find.

Have you seen any of the contestants from this season yet? Which one(s) are you liking?
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 10:20 am
I was rooting for the fat guy, but he just got sent home. I guess the little acrobat has my vote, certainly the most agile. He didn't like his new costume he was given, he needs to work on his acting skills if he wants to stay on television.

T
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 04:34 pm
Yeah, I hear ya regarding the costume and acting...I think that's what ended Tyveculus' run last season...among other things...you're talking about Hyper-Strike, right?

Ohh, and BTW...here's the one from TX:

- The Defuser -
aka Jarrett Crippen from Austin, TX, an expert paramilitary superhero who uses non-violent weaponry to stop villains. He has the unique ability to function at 110%.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 10:20 am
Hyperstrike, yes.

I know, typical shape of the Austin P.D... big beefy type. I guess I'm not so sure about him, maybe he's the too obvious choice since he's already fighting crime with his day job.

We Shall see... !
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 01:04 pm
Last night we lost Mister Mitsvah, and Miss Limelight. Good Riddance! He was off in his own world and she's way too dingy to be a role model. Perhaps a plus-size lingerie model ...

Anyway, I'm still gunning for Hyperstrike. I bet he goes to the top 3 if he doesn't make it all the way.

EXCELCIOR!
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 06:22 pm
EXCELCIOR! Very Happy

Yeah....I can't say that I'm that sad to see either of them go.

And, I hear ya about H-Strike...a lot of peeps suspect him to be some kind of "mole" for Stan...I don't think so, tho. And some have even said that he can't win, since his costume looks very similar to Feedbacks...But, that's poppy-cock!!

I'm kinda likin' Basura at this point...
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 03:39 pm
There are things about Basura I like (two things :wink: ) but I don't know if she's got the energy level. Seems like she's kinda stoned. Next to go should be Hygena or Whip Snap >>> enough with the tears already, this ain't Oprah!

At the very least, I am being entertained by this show. This crazy, silly, thing.
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:07 pm
Quote:
There are things about Basura I like...two things...

Wait...I dunno what you could possibly be talking about?? :wink:

I hear you on the crying...although...even Feedback shed more than a few tears in season 1 and still came out on-top...

Show is quite entertaining, though!!
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:25 am
I forgot how emotional Feedback was. Maybe Lee has a soft spot for method actors.

I think I should ride that angle and go on the show next year as ...

THE GRIM WEEPER
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 04:38 pm
Quote:
...method actors...

ha...

Quote:
THE GRIM WEEPER Crying or Very sad

HA!!

Yeah, he must go for that kind of thing...I feel like at least 2 or 3 contestants have broke-down, so far this season.

It's emotional being a superhero, I guess... Laughing
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:49 pm
Oh yeah, so much pressure. Perhaps it's tears of joy, one step closer to immortality.

I had a superhero moment yesterday, and I failed... I watched two women carrying a TV across a parking lot. I was going to offer my help, but I was worried one of them would say something like, "Don't you think we're strong enough?" So I just stood there and 'supervised.'

I did look around to make sure no cameras were pointing at me.

Tb
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 10:54 am
I don't really ever type this but: L-O-L!!!

That's actually one of my favorite parts of the show...when they have the challenges with the hidden cameras...it definitely shows what's really going-on inside those wanna-be superhero heads of theirs!!

But, I hear ya on your dilemma...you can't genuinely offer help to anyone, now-a-days!!!
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 03:05 pm
I've resided to become a different kind of Super... one that I have years of practice and experience with ...

SUPER-BEER-O

(The 'O' stand for 'Oh my God I'm gonna hurl!')

Very Happy
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 06:51 am
Ha ha...I think I was his side-kick last weekend...

CAPTAIN-HANGOVER Laughing

So, now they are down to three...ehh??

I'm thinking about putting my $$$ behind The Defuser...I'm not sure about those other two...
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 03:01 pm
You called it!

I didn't see the finale, but I saw a copy of today's Austin American Statesman, Supercop made the cover. I suppose he's got the build for the role. I sure thought Hyper would take it. I just hope he doesn't turn his cop car into some sort of batmobile.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies