Power of Attorney.

Olen

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 05:08 pm
What is the procedure for obtaining a Power of Attorney?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 996 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Charli

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 07:44 pm
MAYBE . . .
The following URL is from a Google search for "Power of Attorney Procedure" - about 497,000 sites. A quick glance at the blurbs looks "promising." Good luck! AND, Olen, WELCOME to A2K!!!

POWER OF ATTORNEY PROCEDURE
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 08:28 pm
Power of Attorney.
charli: Thank you for the information and the welcome. Olen.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 08:36 pm
Olen, WELCOME to A2K. Just be careful when you get information from the net on "Power of Attorney," because not all states have the same laws and conditions. Good luck. c.i.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 07:56 am
Thanks for pointing that out, CI.

Yep, every state is different and there may even be different issues if it is a temporary power of attorney (such as for a temporary disability) or a permanent POA (such as for an Alzheimer's patient).
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 08:40 pm
THANK YOU, C.I.
Thank you, c.i., for the excellent, sage advice! If I may add another comment - one of personal preference, at least. When reading info on the Net, be wary of the source. Is the originator truly knowledgeable and legit? For medical advice, especially, we try to stay with medical schools, large medical centers, etc. Lotsa spoofin' going on out there. Be careful!
0 Replies