ANY VALUE IN SPORTS ?

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:24 pm
I'm a male, and when I meet another male who is not a sports fan, I don't know what to do. I start sweating, get dizzy, and uneasily ask him to pull my finger.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:31 pm
Foofie wrote:
One value to sports, whether it's for boys or men, is giving them a topic to talk about, which allows for male bonding. Women bond over all sorts of topics - children, birthdays, deaths, illnesses, hair styles, fashion, etc., etc., etc. Men only have sports. What can they talk about otherwise, without making another male uneasy? Can't compliment another male on his flannel shirt, or his baseball cap!
Men only have sports to talk about, unless they talk about a job situation they are both familiar with or cars (sensitive topic if one can afford a better car). Sports serves a mental health function for men, I believe. It makes men feel masculine and might just be one of the few male topics that they are allowed to show "emotion," without feeling like they are becoming effeminate by being emotional!
Nowadays women talk sports too. That's good. Finally a woman can talk emotionally to a man and the man will listen! He'll even like her more for her interest in sports.
For those that aren't interested in sports talk - Hey, it's a big world, and we're all entitled to an opinion.

When I meet another real man, we talk about guns of course.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:34 pm
That's a nice Crossman you've got there ebp. Check out my AR-15!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:38 pm
<<ebrown holds out index finger for CJ to pull>>
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:45 pm
You should see my cars too. But I doubt you could afford any of them...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:49 pm
cjhsa wrote:
You should see my cars too. But I doubt you could afford any of them...

I always pictured you in a Prius.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:55 pm
I can't think of a bigger waste of time then grown men watching other grown men run around in the grass with a ball.

Give them friggin swords!!! THEN i'll watch.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 04:01 pm
So... let me get this straight. Running is an unproductive silly sport, while swimming is very productive.

Ooohhhh kaaaaaay.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 04:41 pm
Watching sports for prolonged periods of time becomes too boring for us. Thats why there are breaks that usually involve some eyecandy.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 05:24 pm
I think sex should be a sport Very Happy
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 06:14 pm
Are you going to sell tickets to spectators, Montana?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 07:20 pm
Montana wrote:

Then would you be a Yankee, or a Cub?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 12:51 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Are you going to sell tickets to spectators, Montana?

No, not at all. Just throwing stuff out there that pops into my head. It's a bad habit Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 12:53 am
cjhsa wrote:
Montana wrote:

Then would you be a Yankee, or a Cub?

I guess I'd have to know what's happening with the Yankees and the Cubs to answer that question ;-)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 05:46 am
Well, the Yankees have gone all the way many times. The Cubs have never made it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 06:15 am
The most idiotic spectator sports include (and remember this is a highly personal list of favorites).In order of "I haTe", includes the following

Soccer(entire weeks can go by without anything happening offensively)

NASCAR (This is not really a sport its its a collection of rolling billboards being watched by people who are only there to see accidents at 200mph)

professional golf (I could be outside weeding my garden)

BAsketball (see sets comments re: court crossing)

professional bass fishing(what a bunch of goobers thee guys are )

Cricket (gotta admit that its a little funny)

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP POKER (ever see a lineup of more "usual suspects "?)

Point to Point equestrian races. (the word douche bags comes to mind)

MY FAVORITES TO WATCH

Curling (there should be a curling station)

Chicks playing volleyball

chicks shooting pool

pro barbeque cookoffs

pro boxing

king crab fishing (although I gotta tell ya , Im a little vague on the scoring)

Excavating mummies (I like the EGyptian guys accent and how the old lady archeologist gets so excited over finding stuff like ancient garbage)

Antiques appraisal(not so sure this is a sport but its fun to watch)

fast pitch softball. Moves along much better than pro baseball, which although not as slow as soccer can make one review ones life while watching)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 06:54 am
farmerman wrote:
chicks shooting pool

Who is that one that dresses like Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie but has boobs the size of half watermelons? Talk about ballast...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 06:59 am
farmerman wrote:
Curling (there should be a curling station)

Canajuns have different priorities than we do. Down the street a few blocks from the Sweetie Pie Girl's house is the "arena," which is a skating rink for the local hockey leagues (kids playing hockey). To the east of the arena are the baseball diamonds, and across the street from the baseball diamonds is the curling arena--which is just a big as the hockey arena.

In the summertime, kids put on roller blades and play hockey in the street with tennis balls. They have portable nets for the purpose.

Curling? Wake me up for dinner, 'K?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 07:03 am
cjhsa wrote:
Well, the Yankees have gone all the way many times. The Cubs have never made it.

That's bullshit--the Cubs won in 1907 and 1908, and made it to series, although they lost, in 1910, 1918, 1929, 1932, 1935, 1938 and 1945.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 07:08 am
1907 and 1908 certainly don't count as the modern era.
0 Replies