Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:31 am
42.50? 42.50? 42.50?

And someone outbid you?

<fainting dead away>
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 10:53 am
Sorry, Rae
I feel terrible now. The auction ended around midnight and I went up at 11. I figured if I was meant to get them, I would.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:08 pm
And now I feel terrible that you feel terrible....sniff, sniff Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:33 pm
Uh oh
[size=7]Now I feel terrible that you feel terrible, but[/size]

I'll get over it!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 01:36 pm
About 50% of McCammons published materials Ivepurchased and enjoyed, probably because like you said..he started out differently, much the same as King and was a nice ride while it was running. The rest Ive read as fill...between other good books. From what I remember hes retired, so, those lovely first editions are hot hot hot....
Ive done the auction thing myself...particularly with that in mind, hope above hope...
then,
reality...
ugh...even at auction its just heartwrenching to see someone just throw money in there...
Im sure they are enjoying them though..
right..
thats what you have to walk away from those auctions where you're on the loosing hand....
It wasnt meant to be for me...ho hum
Oh yeah...and..there will be others
Smile
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 06:19 pm
Auctions
Hey, Quinn1 - know what you mean. Seriously, I rarely get my heart set on something at auction. If I really wanted those books, I mean HAD to have them, I would have gotten them.

Today, I picked up six Ridley Pearsons and two Lawrence Blocks at a half-price store (neither horror - both mystery). The store had no Lumleys. I should check ebay more often, but I have been too busy with other stuff I pick up along the way.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 06:50 pm
Half price is still better than full price or over price Smile
I read a great deal of Hillerman and Kellerman when Im out just picking up stuff along the way, its a great way to find new authors. More non horror but mystery/thrillers of the detective sort.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 06:53 pm
All of my Kellerman books have come from used book stores. (No Lumley's..... Crying or Very sad )
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 06:55 pm
ALL OF THEM? Sad

Okay, so I can get an itch going on occassion and its only eased by like say

BORDERS CAFE

Smile
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 07:00 pm
Yes, quinn, all of them. Except ( Rolling Eyes ) for the one my son bought for me for Christmas last year.

My Dad picked up 'Rose Madder' in hardback for me at a yard sale ~ he has a never-ending list of my book wish list and he carries it around in his wallet. I love my Dad. Very Happy
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 07:03 pm
Sounds like your Dad loves you as well there honey....thats sooo nice!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 07:17 pm
Yeah, he loves me ~ I know he does. (If you can believe it, we've never spoken the words out loud to each other.....My Dad is not a touchy-feely emotional person at all.)

The 'Rose Madder' incident was a bit uncomfortable, actually, because Dad decided to read a few passages before he sent it along. Being his daughter, of course I thought the worst ~ that he'd read some of the sex scenes.....but he didn't.....All he could say was 'Ferdinand'? 'The bull?'

'Your a sicko, kiddo.....'

I love my Dad.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 02:49 pm
New Koontz
Although not really a horror writer, Dean Koontz has a new book coming out Dec. 24th. Anyone else looking forward to it?

I have read virtually every one of his books and love his writing. I don't remember one from the next, but during the reading... mmmmm.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:58 pm
Hiya bermbits ~ yep, I've read almost everyone of Dean Koontz's books.....same with owning them. I've found him to be a great light horror read. Although 'Tick Tock' cracked me up hysterically.

I've not picked up anything new of his in about two years. Have I missed anything exceptional?
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:26 pm
Interestingly. Tick Tock was one of my least favorites. One Door Away from Heaven was quite enjoyable!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 10:43 pm
Well, 'Tick Tock' wasn't one of my favorite Koontz books either, it just made me laugh.

'Intensity' has to be on the top of my list, but my all time favorite is the one about the golden retriever.....one of the few books I don't have and can never remember the name of. (Considering I read it almost twenty years ago, I forgive myself for not remembering.....)
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 07:04 pm
I get a newsletter from Koontz, and his golden is such a part of his life! (I don't remember the name either [of the book or his dog]).
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 07:06 pm
Hiya bermbits ~ I do remember the dog's name was Einstein in the book. And he had an evil 'twin' dog that was chasing him.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 07:13 pm
Ah yes
I read the book and liked it, but that's all I remember. Even now, I read a book, enjoy the trip, but don't remember a lot when I am done. The needed repetition doesn't happen as there's always something else waiting. I'm into Ridley Pearson now - I have seven waiting as soon as I finish Little's one I'm reading.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 07:18 pm
At my last job, one of my associates kept me supplied with Jonathan Kellerman books.....I felt like a junkie!

I've seen you mention Ridley Pearson before.....I have time to read, but not enough heart to devote to reading anymore. Kinda makes me sad.
0 Replies