The Riches

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:16 am
What ever happened to this wonderful series? I hope it's just off for the summer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,084 • Replies: 12
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:18 am
It is just off for the summer. Bummer. I love that show.
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:11 am
I've never heard of this show.... can anyone provide some insight?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:17 am
It stars Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver as "travelers" (some might say gypsies) who inadvertantly kill a rich couple in a car crash and then steal their life.

It's brilliant.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/theriches/
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:48 pm
Oh yes! I do remember seeing previews or hearing about this show before it first aired. But I do not remember hearing anything about it after it started. I saw that you mentioned it's on break for the summer. When was it's regular season?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:58 pm
It was only on for maybe 10 weeks and it ended the first week of June -- I remember because my mom was in town and we had to stop everything so I could see how the season ended. So maybe March - June was when the shows aired.
0 Replies

NWIslander

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:13 pm
I especially love the acting, Minnie Driver above all, but they all are good. The clever premise of this show is that there are groups of gypsies
(tribes? clans?) living in the U.S. today. But they are not playing the fiddle and dancing around campfires. They are very savvy con men, into high tech enterprises, brilliant at identity theft and scamming their way through life. Their kids are trained as accomplices instead of going to school, and frankly seem more intelligent and ingenious than most American youth. The show is often hilariously funny, but is not a typical comedy. I'm glad to hear it's only on summer hiatus, and I recommend it to all. (It's on the USA channel., and therefore easy to miss.)
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:09 am
I saw that Minnie Driver was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in The Riches. I've been convinced.... I will check it out when it returns in the fall.
0 Replies

official

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 01:44 am
Never seen this one, is it any good?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:57 pm
Have you been watching the new season?

So far, it's pretty great. I love Nina.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 09:52 pm
I'd be watching the new season if I could, loved the first season. I keep searching the listings but none of the our channels are showing season 2, so far. I'll have to wait and probably wait some more. Does Nina have a larger role this season?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 08:29 am
She plays a surprisingly large part in the first two episodes. I don't want to spoil it by saying how.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 01:06 pm
Nina was stellar in the first few episodes - I was really blown away by Margo Martindale's performance. And recently, Minnie Driver has been quite impressive as well - the scenes with her PO have been really intense. Actually, this whole season has been pretty gripping - I've found myself yelling at the tv on several occasions and can only imagine what the season finale will do to my heart rate....
0 Replies