HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

XFRODOBAGGINSX

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 09:25 pm
At this time, Christians go to heaven to be with Christ. When He sets up His kingdom here on earth, Christians will rule and reign with Him.
0 Replies

averner

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:57 pm
I wanna go to hell and meet the first to be brave enough to stand up to the tyranny and oppression of one who egotistically calls himself the Christian god!

Christ is an egotistic deceiver who just wanted followers and lapdogs! Even if Heaven exists, it is boring, cause there is nothing to accomplish there anymore! On the other hand - if Hell is good to us, we can revolt against God, and if Hell is bad to us, we can revolt against Hell! Either way Hell provides a challenge!
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 12:11 am
hell=more friends
Quote:
WHY WAIT TILL THEN? 2% [1]

averner wrote:
I wanna go to hell and meet the first to be brave enough to stand up to the tyranny and oppression...

absolutely, my closest family are atheist, agnostic, or non-christian.

so if you ask me why i'd burn in hell, the answer is "family values."
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 11:13 am
averner wrote:
I wanna go to hell and meet the first to be brave enough to stand up to the tyranny and oppression of one who egotistically calls himself the Christian god!

Christ is an egotistic deceiver who just wanted followers and lapdogs! Even if Heaven exists, it is boring, cause there is nothing to accomplish there anymore! On the other hand - if Hell is good to us, we can revolt against God, and if Hell is bad to us, we can revolt against Hell! Either way Hell provides a challenge!
Since the dead are "conscious of nothing at all" (Ecclesiates 9:5), you won't get the chance.

Sorry.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 01:02 pm
here we go again
in that case, buddhists and hindus are going to find it's a piece of cake to reach nirvana/nibbana on the first try. rejoice!

but that goes out the window if reincarnation is possible in the context of the bible. there's part of the siddur (jewish prayer book) that says "forgive us our transgressions, both in this life and in other lives" (not exact quote,) and if we can figure out what part of the torah it's from, then we can compare it to the other translations of the bible...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 01:35 pm
Re: here we go again
tinygiraffe wrote:
in that case, buddhists and hindus are going to find it's a piece of cake to reach nirvana/nibbana on the first try. rejoice!

but that goes out the window if reincarnation is possible in the context of the bible. there's part of the siddur (jewish prayer book) that says "forgive us our transgressions, both in this life and in other lives" (not exact quote,) and if we can figure out what part of the torah it's from, then we can compare it to the other translations of the bible...
We will examine your research carefully, when complete
0 Replies

averner

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 07:20 pm
neologist wrote:
averner wrote:

Since the dead are "conscious of nothing at all" (Ecclesiates 9:5), you won't get the chance.

Sorry.

I don't mind! If I am "conscious of nothing at all" then I won't care anymore!
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 07:23 pm
royal 'we?'
it's just a point, a curiousity neo, it's not meant for anyone that likes everything in black and white, fact or fiction, pre-sorted, shrink-wrapped and pre-chewed, it was for people that enjoy thinking about stuff.

i'm completely agnostic about reincarnation. if it happens on my watch, i'll let you know. after all, our research is complete when we're dead, right?
0 Replies

XFRODOBAGGINSX

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:44 pm
Do you believe that the bible is God's word?
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:19 pm
um, sure. isn't everything?

actually no, i wouldn't use the word "believe" in the first place. let's assume i believe the bible is the word of god, however. it wouldn't change what i posted in this thread. i assume you think it must, right?
0 Replies

theMadJW

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:21 pm
IfXfro can cut & paste- so can I...and modify!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x161/theMadEntity/artkenya.ap.jpg

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU are even a CHRISTIAN????

THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:

1. REALIZE THAT the Churches are LYING to you (and taking your money!)
2 Tim 4:3- For the time will come when they will not endure the sound doctrine; but, having itching ears, will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts.'

This all began with the false teachers Christ and the apostles warned would be coming.

2. The Bible does NOT say "God so loved the world that HE HIMSELF came and died for us!
He REALLY DID send His Son! Yet, who is "He"? The churches teach it is Jesus, also! That Jesus sent himself, resurrected himself, gave himself glory, honor & power, that Jesus prayed to and glorified himself, and that Jesus is a mediator and High Priest between himself...and himself!!!! Know that Jesus, too, honored God- that he is NOT God- except as His Word- His Spokesman, as Moses was (Ex 7:1), except on a far grander scale!

John 17: 3 -"And this is life eternal, that they should know thee the only true God, and him whom thou didst send, even Jesus Christ. "

3. It's not enough to just SAY you believe in Christ- you must OBEY him, and study what HE said- not what the Churches tell you he said!
Matt 7:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Every one therefore that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, who built his house upon the rock:
25 and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and if fell not: for it was founded upon the rock.

4. You NEVER should recite pre-written prayers; it should always be from the heart:

Matt 6:7- And when you talk to God, do not say words that mean nothing, over and over again. People who do not believe in God do that. They think their god will hear them because they say many words.

5. If you REALLY WANT to know the truth- ask God- and he will give it REGARDLESS of your sins and faults!-
James 1:5- But if any one of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all freely and reproaches not, and it shall be given to him:
0 Replies

Paddington

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:43 pm
@Paddington,
I prefer Yogi Berra.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 11:38 pm
@Paddington,
A bit late on the draw.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 02:56 am
This boring propaganda venue needs a soundtrack . . .

izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 03:16 am
@Setanta,
That song (supposedly) has a curse to it, it ruins the careers of everyone who covers it. After Spirit In The Sky, no more hits.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 03:22 am
I was cursed in childhood! I was told i would grow old and then die! Now, i'm in my 60s, and the prospect of the grave looms ever nearer. Of course, the curse was laid on me almost 60 years ago.
ellease1

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 12:34 pm
@Setanta,
Then you must look more closely and realise you are not the body nor the mind, you were not born and you never die. This is a fact.
Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 03:43 pm
@ellease1,
No, it's just meaningless babble.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 05:20 pm
Turn left at albuquerque.