HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

XFRODOBAGGINSX

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 09:19 pm
Setanta wrote:
Copy and paste screed? If so, it's really not very nice, or honest, to copy someone else's work and present it without attribution. Not very Christian, one might say.

I wrote this tract for one, so I didn't copy anyone's work.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:46 pm
So, you're a bible teacher?
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 04:23 am
ebrown_p wrote:
You aren't a sinner happycat?

Well that's too bad.

I said I don't consider myself to be a sinner. :wink:
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 05:58 am
I like heaven as a place to work towards.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 08:50 am
I'd rather live on earth, being as that is the place Jesus said the meek would inherit. (see Psalm 37:11)
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 09:31 am
Blood sweat and Tears wrote:

My troubles are many, they're as deep as a well.
I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.
Swear there ain't no heaven and I pray there ain't no hell,
But I'll never know by living, only my dying will tell.
Yes only my dying will tell.
Yeah, only my dying will tell.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 10:50 am
As for the notion of a sin and being a sinner, it's just self promotional BS. It is simply a way to inspire fear in people's hearts.

If I said 2000 years ago that to "snog," a word I just made up, was to displease god and that you'd go to hell for doing it, you too migth be afriad and do whatever I told you to do. But only if I do a good job of defining what "snogging" is.

If I said it was snog to

kill...
steal...
rape...

you might feel at ease, but if I additionally said that it was snog to...

breathe in more than 3 times in a minute...
be fat...
have an erection...

you might have some fear in your heart. Enough fear for that matter that I could convince you to whatever was needed to be snog free and not burn in hell.

I guess now you have to ask yourself, are you a "snogger?" Will you go to heaven or hell?

Act now! Save yourself! I'm just going to need your credit card number.
0 Replies

XFRODOBAGGINSX

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:09 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
As for the notion of a sin and being a sinner, it's just self promotional BS. It is simply a way to inspire fear in people's hearts.

If I said 2000 years ago that to "snog," a word I just made up, was to displease god and that you'd go to hell for doing it, you too migth be afriad and do whatever I told you to do. But only if I do a good job of defining what "snogging" is.

If I said it was snog to

kill...
steal...
rape...

you might feel at ease, but if I additionally said that it was snog to...

breathe in more than 3 times in a minute...
be fat...
have an erection...

you might have some fear in your heart. Enough fear for that matter that I could convince you to whatever was needed to be snog free and not burn in hell.

I guess now you have to ask yourself, are you a "snogger?" Will you go to heaven or hell?

Act now! Save yourself! I'm just going to need your credit card number.

One problem. God made up the rules, not you. Going to heaven has nothing to do with a credit card number. Shows how much you know about God and the bible.

The Lord has already bought US, we can't buy HIM.

1Co 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.

2Pe 2:1 ΒΆ But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

We can only accept His free gift.

Ro 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Here is what the bible says about people who try to "buy" their way to heaven and "churches" that preach that lie:

Ac 8:18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

My advice to you is to get out a bible and read it for yourself and accept the free gift that has already been paid for you. All you have to do is turn from your sins to Jesus Christ for salvation.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:22 pm
No thanks! Please pedal your brand of crazy somewhere else.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:43 pm
XFRODOBAGGINSX wrote:

One problem. God made up the rules, not you. Going to heaven has nothing to do with a credit card number. Shows how much you know about God and the bible.

If you have any problem with the nature of my last post you have a problem with the nature of your entire belief system my pedigree friend. As for the credit card # tell that to the church, I don't need or want your money. Lastly, if you can't recognize the parallel between my post and your book, then it's you not me that knows little about God and the Bible.
XFRODOBAGGINSX wrote:

Poor analogy. If I'm already bought then as the exchange for my purchase, I would have recieved my payment already. Sounds more like a loan to me. Further, if the price paid is life in heaven for us (as "the lord has already bought us" (your words.)) then any failure on God's part tp provide the payment would be on God's Credit Line, not ours. Go Experian!
XFRODOBAGGINSX wrote:

My advice to you is to get out a bible and read it for yourself and accept the free gift that has already been paid for you. All you have to do is turn from your sins to Jesus Christ for salvation.

Spoken like a true snogger.

My advice to you is to get out a Science book and read it for yourself and accept the free gift of knowledge that is universal and true. All you have to do is turn from your snog to Truth, Compassion, and Humanity for salvation and a good life.

Leave the brochure at home, Baggins. Nobody in this marketplace of ideas is buying tickets to your resort. The flora and fauna are just fake plastic trees and pet rocks. You'd be better to buy stock elsewhere.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 06:35 am
I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised at the poll results so far. Could it be that science is winning out over religion?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 06:44 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Blood sweat and Tears wrote:

My troubles are many, they're as deep as a well.
I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.
Swear there ain't no heaven and I pray there ain't no hell,
But I'll never know by living, only my dying will tell.
Yes only my dying will tell.
Yeah, only my dying will tell.

Actually, Laura Nyro wrote this.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:08 am
I never read it in a book
I never saw it on a show
but I heard it in the alley
on a weird radio

if you want a drink of water
you got to get it from a well
if you want to get to heaven

you got to raise a little hell
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:14 am
dyslexia wrote:
I never read it in a book
I never saw it on a show
but I heard it in the alley
on a weird radio

if you want a drink of water
you got to get it from a well
if you want to get to heaven

you got to raise a little hell

Awesome, Dys. Multo bene!
0 Replies

XFRODOBAGGINSX

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 08:40 am
Diest TKO wrote:
XFRODOBAGGINSX wrote:

If you have any problem with the nature of my last post you have a problem with the nature of your entire belief system my pedigree friend. As for the credit card # tell that to the church, I don't need or want your money. Lastly, if you can't recognize the parallel between my post and your book, then it's you not me that knows little about God and the Bible.
XFRODOBAGGINSX wrote:

Poor analogy. If I'm already bought then as the exchange for my purchase, I would have recieved my payment already. Sounds more like a loan to me. Further, if the price paid is life in heaven for us (as "the lord has already bought us" (your words.)) then any failure on God's part tp provide the payment would be on God's Credit Line, not ours. Go Experian!
XFRODOBAGGINSX wrote:

Spoken like a true snogger.

My advice to you is to get out a Science book and read it for yourself and accept the free gift of knowledge that is universal and true. All you have to do is turn from your snog to Truth, Compassion, and Humanity for salvation and a good life.

Leave the brochure at home, Baggins. Nobody in this marketplace of ideas is buying tickets to your resort. The flora and fauna are just fake plastic trees and pet rocks. You'd be better to buy stock elsewhere.

Obviously, you didn't read the bible verses that I posted for yourself. Do you choose to be willfully blind? It's not about what a church teaches, it's about what the bible teaches. If the church doesn't line up with the bible, the church is wrong. The bible is the basis, not the church. A good church preaches what is actually in the bible. Some churches try to make up their own rules. The bible lets us know which ones are false and which ones are true. So, like I said, read the bible for yourself.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:15 am
Why should anyone believe that the Bobble is the repository of truth?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:17 am
Have you read the bible FRODO?

You never answered my question 'are you a bible teacher?'. I should have asked: are you a bible student?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 12:24 am
Frodo - Cute reply.

XFRODOBAGGINSX wrote:
Obviously, you didn't read the bible verses that I posted for yourself. Do you choose to be willfully blind? It's not about what a church teaches, it's about what the bible teaches. If the church doesn't line up with the bible, the church is wrong. The bible is the basis, not the church. A good church preaches what is actually in the bible. Some churches try to make up their own rules. The bible lets us know which ones are false and which ones are true. So, like I said, read the bible for yourself.

I read every nonsensical verse posted everytime it's posted in these threads, but it doesn't make it relavant enough for a reply. Unfortunately you now have put yourself in the worst position, the "bible position." This is a position now where you can make all sorts of acusations but tkae zero ownership of the position! Awesome! I don't need to digress into all the reasons your bible is flawed, and therefore it is one of the poorests choices to take lessons from.

I'd encourage you to revisit your last post and perhaps back up some of your outrageous claims. Until then, remember that...

The preacher likes it cold, he knows were gonna stay...
K
O
0 Replies

XFRODOBAGGINSX

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:18 am
All bible teachers are bible students. I am a bible teacher, yes. The bible is 100% true and God's word. You accuse the church of something, which not all churches do, then you ignore the fact that the bible specifically forbids it. Don't you get it? I don't care what a chuch says, I care what the bible says. Show me from the bible that money gets you to heaven. You can't because anyone who teaches that lie, is going against the bible. God wants us, not our money.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:24 am
XFRODOBAGGINSX wrote:
The bible is 100% true and God's word.

Why should anyone believe this?

(Please not that i've already asked this question, and you've not answered it. I made it simpler this time, just to be sure you understand the question.)
0 Replies