The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 08:34 pm
My foot, I hit report instead of reply, I sent the moderators a note. Oh crap I feel awful. Don't put your foot in your mouth, it tastes awful.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 09:47 pm
a little sample of tomorrow's main meal from the crockpot

pulled out some of the tiny (thumb joint size) golden gem taters, a chunk of tomato, some mushrooms ... added a tiny bit of butter

yum

______

I've got 2 lamb chops, 2 turkey legs, and a small piece of good beef in there with about 3 pounds of veggies. It's all simmering away happily right now, and making dog and man crazy with the amazingly scrumptious vapours drifting around.

these little taters are soooo good

http://www.bloorstreetmarket.ca/LCLOnline/dyn/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1170102_PCGoldenPotatoes_ENFR.jpg?w=240&h=240&quality=100
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 06:07 am
A green tea-flavored boiled egg. It didn't taste like green tea, but at least it tasted like a boiled egg.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:41 am
I'm eating one of those burritos as we speak, and I type.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:47 am
some of that lovely stew from the crockpot

trying to figure out what has added the sweetness - maybe too many tomatoes? not enough something

it's tasty but ...

oh wait

there are carrots and squash and tomatoes in there

that explains it
vonny

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 03:35 pm
@ehBeth,
Nutty chocolate flavoured Assam tea.

http://www.twinings.co.uk/app_/responsive/TwiningsUKI/media/product/GPNCA1014-12/1-F12436.png?w=640
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 03:37 pm
@vonny,
Leftover homemade red beans and rice made with a wonderful smoked ham hock.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 09:09 am
@hawkeye10,
warmed up Montreal bagel with cream cheese

(blame Kyla)
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 11:24 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

warmed up Montreal bagel with cream cheese

(blame Kyla)

Alright. Damn you Kyla (whomever you are)! Mad

Bowl of nonfat vanilla yogurt.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 12:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
toasted crumpet with a new cream cheese spread concoction -
c. cheese, collard grns, diced mediterranean olives, olive oil, black pepper, sweet red pepper bits, diced peperoncino, garlic, sunflower seeds. Not bad. Now to remember all that stuff.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 02:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Turkey, onions and potato sandwich
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 02:58 pm
@vonny,
Hmm, I've made up a big glass bottle of assam iced tea.
Now to split it and try adding some chocolate nutty flavor to a half of it in case I ruin it. (That sounds like nutella). I'll have to play with it. Haven't added anything so far. Have some almond extract..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 08:06 pm
shared a chunk of a cheese/garlic flatbread with Miss Bella

we both enjoyed it
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 08:12 pm
@ehBeth,
waiting for the Terni bread to come out of the oven, soon to receive some butter..
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 08:14 pm
@ossobuco,
like this?

http://www.virtuousbread.com/bread-and-conversation/sixth-from-the-italian-bread-project-sourdough-pane-di-terni/
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 08:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Similar, same town, same name, but a recipe by same author, Carol Field, from my 1985 version of her The Italian Baker. My starter (biga, this time a 14 hour one) isn't rye, just AP, and I use some whole wheat with AP for the follow up. This time I did try a non italian thing, adding some ground fennel seeds to see if I like that. None of her recipes that I've followed in that book had any seeds.

My book is a complete treasure. It opens by itself to some pages. I bet the newer one, or ones, are even better.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 08:49 pm
@ossobuco,
she's using the same edition of the same book for the entire project

edit

from the first bread

Quote:
The original is taken from the 1985 edition of The Italian Baker by Carol Field published by Harper and Row in the USA, p 102. This is the edition I will use throughout this particular project.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 08:57 pm
@ehBeth,
Gotta go look to see if she mentions using rye on the biga page. Or maybe she mentions it elsewhere. I have rye, 2 kinds, so I should try it.

Just looked - the biga gets AP flour in the book.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 09:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Mmm - no rye in the biga recipe, no rye in the Terni recipe, but in the index with a list of rye breads, Terni is there. I'll worry about this tomorrow.

but now - it's warm, had perfect crumb, good sour taste, sl. chewy, easy enough to cut, and I like the fennel.
vonny

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 04:33 am
@ossobuco,
Blackcurrant flavoured water