Rest peacefully, timberlandko

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 06:06 am
I was so relieved the first time I saw that picture of Timber's desk.
Ah, I thought, someone else who can accomplish things in the midst of chaos.

Joe(haven't yet actually accomplished anything, but still... .)Nation
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 06:52 am
Hi Amy and welcome. Smiled when I saw your photo. Smiled evenly more broadly when you said you were pregnant in the picture (congrats). I'm imagining a little kid smiling upon learning that he or she was in the picture too. Smile
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 07:20 am
Life and death are strange parts of our world. Rather akin to being in the driving seat, with no map or road signs in unknown territory.

My condolences to the family and friends of Kevin.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 08:11 am
Thanks, Mathos.

Tuesday next week will be a month since his passing, and I'm remembering more and more how he's helped me these last 19 years. He was my Go-To guy for any random problem I was dealing with, from automotive to light fixtures to network hubs ... jack of all trades, master of several dozen.

T
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 08:29 am
Timberbranch, I am certain that you and many will miss Kevin more deeply than words could ever express, my thoughts are with you all.

Having been out of the UK for the last three months, returning on the 28th March last I only heard of his passing late last night from an acquaintance. I can see from these acknowledgements that he was indeed a wonderful person. I exchanged a little banter with Kevin from time to time, the Mathos side of me has that particular vein which encourages good banter, I always realised he was a 'bright spark'

He will be sadly missed, but these pages to date are a wonderful tribute to a good man. His photographs depict a good man with a good heart, it shines.

To those of you who were part of his family, immediate and social friends, you have a great advantage over those of us on A2K who really had no idea who we were having discussion with.

Now we are all a little wiser, thanks to all of you, who knew him, were related to him and have shared so much of your knowledge of Kevin amongst this wonderful tribute.

The Mathos and the Jim applaud you and indeed the late Kevin.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 10:42 am
Well said, I still get emotional when I read a post so eloquently put. This thread is become quite the eulogy.

There will be a party in Kevin's honor in August, the 18th I believe, at my mom's place in BFE, north western Wisconsin. If any of you have the means to get up there, should be quite a bash. I hear roasted pig is on the menu.

Here are the world coordinates:
45 40' 36.24" N
92 06' 41.58" W

Smile T
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 10:58 am
timberbranch and mathos,

I also thought the tribute from mathos was great. Mathos is a country gentleman in England. Kevin once invited Mathos to stop by at his place if Mathos made a trip to the U.S.

timberlandko wrote:
Just lemme know when you're comin' - I'll get the guestrooms ready and make sure The Puppies have plenty of toys and aren't hungry. You'll find plenty of hayfields for the frolickin'. Yer on yer own for bonnetted milkmaids, though.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 11:04 am
Timberbranch posted coordinates to the Timber memorial get-together
Quote:
45 40' 36.24" N
92 06' 41.58" W

The implication being that if wre too dumb to figure it out, we dont belong there anyway.

Welcome back MAthos.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 12:05 pm
Not at all ! No implication .. just information.

T
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 12:26 pm
Tony - Pssst! Farmerman, like Kevin, is rarely wrong. Timber woulda liked the coordinates AND the implication. Laughing
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 12:27 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Just lemme know when you're comin' - I'll get the guestrooms ready and make sure The Puppies have plenty of toys and aren't hungry. You'll find plenty of hayfields for the frolickin'. Yer on yer own for bonnetted milkmaids, though.

That's classic Timber, right there. Thanks Wandel. It's a 10 acre spread up there, Kev cut trails into the tall grass and Ma gave the trails street names after her family. Tony Ave, etc. These trails are actually visible on the Google Earth. It's the 436th wonder of the world! Ok, not really.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 12:29 pm
squinney wrote:
Tony - Pssst! Farmerman, like Kevin, is rarely wrong. Timber woulda liked the coordinates AND the implication. Laughing

I gots lots to learn (* excuse me, *) lurn about you folks.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 12:30 pm
Even funnier... If you Google those coordinates you get something about a Set of Nuclear-Mass Relations and a Resultant Mass Table. That sounds like an accurate description of an A2K gathering. Laughing
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 01:33 pm
Thanks for the welcome back Farmerman, I appreciated that. Must say I had a great trip and three months seemed to pass like three weeks. Got some great photographs etc and once I get straight I'll let you have sight of same along with several others who enjoy reading about my exploits in The Orient.

I spent most of my time in Thailand but also visited Burma and Cambodia
I have been going out there annually for twenty years or so now and have some varied interests and several favourite spots which are close to my heart. This year for the first time ever, I drove from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. This brilliant part of my trip enabled me to visit the 'Choeung Ek Killing Fields' the Tuol Sleng Prison and and Angkor Wat in Siem Reap the ruins presently being restored (It will take years) were totally amazing from my point of view. I visited various refugee camps in Thailand along the borders with Cambodia, Burma and Laos.

I might add I ended up injuring myself in the North West of Thailand and had to drive some 200 km plus on a motorcycle to receive medical attention whilst in a great deal of pain.

Excuse me meandering off there Tony, and thanks for the reminder regarding the invitation from Kevin, Wandi, you have no idea how much I now wish I had taken him up on that, and if circumstances permit, I will feel privileged to visit next time I go States-side. I have visited your country and many of your States in my life-time and had some good times there. Some of you are already aware that my in-laws are American. My wife has 50% American blood running through her veins, and that is passed on in ratio to my children and grand-children. Now you all know The Mathos side of this guy never gets sloppy and I'm not going to let him down by letting the Jim side take over on these pages, however Mathos and Jim meant every word mentioned in my previous posts on this tribute to Kevin and my most heartfelt condolences go out to all of his family and friends.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 01:45 pm
Mathos wrote:
thanks for the reminder regarding the invitation from Kevin, Wandi, you have no idea how much I now wish I had taken him up on that, and if circumstances permit, I will feel privileged to visit next time I go States-side.

I remember that at the time (2006), you were actually interested in Timber's offer, Mathos. I also regret that I missed a chance to meet Timber (Kevin).
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 02:33 pm
timberbranch wrote:
Well said, I still get emotional when I read a post so eloquently put. This thread is become quite the eulogy.

There will be a party in Kevin's honor in August, the 18th I believe, at my mom's place in BFE, north western Wisconsin. If any of you have the means to get up there, should be quite a bash. I hear roasted pig is on the menu.

45 40' 36.24" N
92 06' 41.58" W

Smile T

Well I'll be damned. Thanks where he got his name...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 05:09 pm
timberbranch wrote:

45 40' 36.24" N
92 06' 41.58" W

Smile T

hmmmmm, well Timber didn't make it to Chicago last spring so maybe some of us can venture forth to Timberland in August.

Hello, t_branch and amy_g -- glad to meet you. I too have just returned from a vacation and I see that I've missed some wonderful recollections and introductions.

Timber once asked me about my prior employer. It seems his sister and I worked at the same place around the same time (in different divisions). I think he also mentioned a Chicago area brother that he thought he might stay with during our A2K meet last May. He was very disappointed about not making it to our gathering but was much more concerned about the loss of the pony, J., and being there for her which (without question) was the right decision for him to make. Even so, we missed him and all of us here were sorry about the circumstances and the fact that he was unable to join us.

August, huh? Somebody twist my arm...

Oh, and here's one of me from last May.

http://i4.tinypic.com/zxmsuf.jpg
0 Replies

cdieoxide

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 08:51 am
I do not know much about him. But after reading so many posts by people, I think he was a great man. So sad to hear it, he is no more among us.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 09:03 am
timberbranch wrote:
I hear roasted pig is on the menu.

45 40' 36.24" N
92 06' 41.58" W

Smile T

the pig co-ordinates are a little bit off

timberlandko wrote:
"Where is everyone from? ... "

Hmmmmm .... Sorta reminds me of a joke. A five-year-old comes up to mommy and asks, "Mommy, where did I come from?" Mommy, taken aback some, but nonetheless impressed by and proud of her child's precocity, decides its time for "The Talk". Steeling herself for the ordeal, and wth all appropriate reverence and tasteful detail, she delivers a worthy exposition on the role of sex in relation to the miracle of life. The child follows along attentively, seeming to understand, but saying nothing. Wrapping up, mommy asks, "Now, do you have any questions about any of that?". The child says, "Well, that's pretty neat, I guess, but I still want to know where I came from. Billy says he's from Philadelphia, and Sally says she's from Los Angeles, and Tommy says he's from Atlanta. Where did I come from?"

Oh, and over there under my Avatar, my location is disclosed. To narrow it down some, its 45:40:36N, 42:06:38W, give or take a few seconds of arc.

42, not 92 west :wink:
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 10:32 am
I think 42 W is somewhere in the Atlantic ... my Dad was in the Navy, so he would know better than me.

Good to meetcha, JPB. Jelly w/ Peanut Butter. :wink:

Happy weekend (y'all),

T
0 Replies