Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 12:52 pm
I bought a 3 year old RainSoft AQC 60 Gold from a guy on ebay, I nstalled the system last week and things were working great until last night when very very high levels of salt got into my house water system. I am trying to reverse engineer the program menu and have figured out some of the values, but I am lost on others. Does anyone have any more info?

I tried rainsoft, but the manual they emailed me is shall we say very very light and does not go into programming at all. if anyone has this, please email it to nathan at robotics.net
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 33,398 • Replies: 37
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 01:18 pm
Someone named gustav or HO2man will be right with you to answer
that question. Stay tuned.
NickFun

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:41 pm
No doubt about it Jane. It's amazing how many new people have water teatment problems!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:43 pm
Re: Rainsoft Installers Manual
nstratton wrote:
Does anyone have any more info?

I received your email and will respond soon Cool
teeder1

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 08:49 pm
AQC75
h2o man

I have also recently moved and had my Rainsoft gold series reconnected. However my plumber could not do the start up on the AQC75 controller.

Can you please help??

email - [email protected]
0 Replies

slickneo

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 12:15 pm
Rainsoft Gold Series Installation
I have recently moved and don't want to pay RS $549 to come and reinstall my system at my new house. Does anyone have the installation diagram/procedure for my plumber? He is requesting it and I have nothign to give nor can find an installation diagram online. Please help, tks!
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 12:55 pm
If your plumber can't figure out how to plumb a softener, you need a different plumber. There's an inlet and outlet that comes from the water main line to the softener and from the softener back to the main line.

Then he runs the drain line and puts the by-pass valve in Service and turns on the water about half open with the control valve in the backwash position. Once there is water going out the drain line, he opens the main shut off valve wide open and steps the control valve to Service. That's it.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 09:59 am
Re: Rainsoft Gold Series Installation
slickneo wrote:
I have recently moved and don't want to pay RS $549 to come and reinstall my system at my new house. Does anyone have the installation diagram/procedure for my plumber? He is requesting it and I have nothign to give nor can find an installation diagram online. Please help, tks!

Stand in front of the tank looking at the control panel on the valve.
The raw water inlet is on your right and the treated water outlet is on your left.
The Fleck based valves are straight in straight out and have directional arrows molded into the valve.
The old brass valve has the inlet coming straight into the back of the valve and the exit comes out the left side.

I you happen to have a RainSoft that is different than the two listed above, please post a picture and I will try to help.
maryvr711

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 02:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
Wow! I was just checking here and didn't expect to find anything to help me. I like your reply so maybe you can help me. I just bought a HUD house that's been empty for over a year. It has a RainSoft water softener. I could figure out how to enter that I added 160# of salt. But I can't figure out the rest. It has red icons on the left, the number pad in the middle and the enter, and other buttons down the right. I didn't see a model number on it but I really need to get this thing started. Any suggestions?? If so, please email me! My username is ma.ry711 and I'm on yahoo.com. Thank you for your help!
Joethewaterguy

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 12:09 pm
@maryvr711,
red, white, blue , yellow buttons? it's a q2 valve, it uses a 9 volt battery to hold the settings, some times a nicad. do a search for rainsoft q2 manual
0 Replies

Maitchison

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 03:29 pm
@H2O MAN,
Would it be possible to have an owners manual for that gold series e-mailed to me also? I just the programming that I haven't worked out yet.
Appreciate any help you can give.

Mike A.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 02:47 pm
@Maitchison,
http://www.rainsoftofhouston.com/rainsoft-manuals.html
dukie1558

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 09:27 pm
@Joethewaterguy,

i have the so called owner manuel, but it doesn't have a diagram or tell you how to assemble it. help please
[email protected]
Joethewaterguy

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2009 01:13 pm
@dukie1558,
it depends on what model that you have. help please
0 Replies

pestcare

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:58 am
I contacted Rainsoft customer service and they emailed me a complete SERVICE manual free of charge... it tells everything!
bubbles23

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 05:44 pm
@pestcare,
I have a Rainsoft Q2 unit that is leaking from under the black cover on top does anyone know how I can go about getting a service manual that is more than 6 pages so I can order the parts and do it myself?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 06:01 am
@bubbles23,
Does your Q2 have a brass valve?

If yes, look at the shut off valves above were the drain a brine line fittings thread into the valve.
jakeattmpfarm

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 10:33 am
@H2O MAN,
Do you have instructions to service a Rain Soft System. 3 containers plus salt tank. What are the step by step instructions a technician uses to perform their recommended annual service. What needs to be recharged during this service and where can you get the necessary supplies.

Thanks

Barry Jacobs
[email protected]
0 Replies

ape

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 08:28 pm
@H2O MAN,
we just bought a gold series 2002 when we turn the water on it just discharges and 2 oclock displays and i push the program button and nothing happens is there any trouble shooting manuals out there aprilschumacher @att.net
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 03:33 pm

A recent hard drive crash robbed me of all manuals... I'm sorry that I am unable to offer any help at this time.