Feel good films

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:30 pm
Has anyone mentioned Little Miss Sunshine yet?

An absolute delight! Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:06 pm
Absolutely, "Little Miss Sunshine" was a sleeper that defined what a basically comic situation can reveal about human nature.
0 Replies

Marco Lazzeri

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 01:11 am
Saw the POLAR EXPRESS on Christmas eve. A delight for animation lovers. A feel good movie too.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 01:24 pm
I just revisited Italiensk for begyndere (2000, Italian for Beginners), which is also a really heartwarming film.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 06:20 pm
The Baker's Wife (La Femme du Boulanger)
A poetic story that makes you smile every time you think about it.
http://www.kino.com/video/item.php?film_id=623
Pagnol had a stable of actors ( like Bergman had in Sweden) and he used them in a series of wonderful films.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 06:27 pm
"Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray (directed by Harold Ramis)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 06:54 pm
Last feel-good movie I saw was The World's Fastest Indian, and its practically perfect in its genre.

Really everything about the film is heartwarming, smile-inducing and happy-making, and you really leave the cinema thinking "Yes! The world is good, people are great - lets go out there and make (fun) things happen!". And yet there is nothing Hollywood saccharine about it, it's real, no shiny present wrapping - just a sweet, heartwarming human tale.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 02:04 am
In America- about this Irish family that ends up in NYC. It's worth it just to watch the two little girls/ sisters- who are sisters in real life- but I thought the whole cast was excellent. The only name I recognized from having seen her in anything before was Samantha Morton. I always like her in everything she does.

Anyway- great movie-sad/happy/heartwarming.
0 Replies

strawberry333

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 05:30 pm
I just watched Stranger Than Fiction- I wasn't expecting it to be great for some reason, but actually it was really good! Go watch it!
0 Replies

womanizer

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 12:33 am
I would have to say GhostRider entertaining movie, i can say also Outlaw from the preview it looks good.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 04:10 pm
Freedom Writers
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 11:41 pm
Did I mention Bagdad Cafe (1987) already? It is perhaps a not so obvious candidate, but a celebration of human kindness nonetheless.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 09:45 am
Ppl say Forest Gump was so sad and Mawkish but to me the climax of the film was full of optimism.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 09:54 am
I cannot express how much I love As Good as it Gets!!
I didnt like it that much at the cinema, but for some reason bought it on DVD and have watched it loads, the last time was yesterday.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 06:58 am
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:12 am
As Good As It Gets - is that the one with Jack Nicholson? I thought it was the one where he is a grumpy old git and falls in love with Helen Hunt but I think I'm confusing it. But that's a top feel good film too.

Also watched Rita, Sue and Bob Too again recently and it was SO funny. Funnier than I remembered. Tried to buy it on DVD but they stopped releasing it in February so I managed to get a copy off ebay.

Just thought I'd tell ya.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:43 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
As Good As It Gets - is that the one with Jack Nicholson? I thought it was the one where he is a grumpy old git and falls in love with Helen Hunt but I think I'm confusing it. But that's a top feel good film too.

Oh. I got them twisted around.

"Something's Gotta Give" is the one with Diane Keaton and the delicious Keanu. And that beautiful house!

And speaking of Diane Keaton's movie houses, another favorite feelgood film on my list is "The First Wives Club" with Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn and Miss Diane. And her fabulous kitchen!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:59 am
It's all those alliterative "G's!" Laughing
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 02:28 pm
speaking of which, Gregory's Girl is a good'un too.

x
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 01:42 pm
Thanks all for your suggestions. I have seen many and some I have to look for yet on YouTube etc. In these times, we crave feelgood film more than ever.
0 Replies