can bread make me fat

Tue 23 May, 2006 01:19 am
I want to lose my weight,but I do not know what food should I eat.what about bread?will it make me fat,if yes ,please give me some advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 4,380 • Replies: 21
Topic Closed
No top replies

material girl

Tue 23 May, 2006 02:00 am
Im no expert but bread is considered as a kind of glue, making food on the inside of you stay put and not pass through easily.
I think it also has yeast in it so it can make you bloated.
Wilso

Tue 23 May, 2006 02:19 am
I don't know about making you fat. Apparently most standard white bread has got high GI, so probably isn't great for dieters. Stick to wholegrain varieties.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 31 May, 2006 10:47 am
Good quality, high fibre, whole grain breads won't make you fat, in and of themselves.

It's all the stuff people put on the bread, or eat with the bread that can be a problem - butter, cheese, mayonnaise - that sort of thing.
0 Replies

krysty

Fri 6 Apr, 2012 05:30 am
@LIUXUWOAINI,
yeah you right
0 Replies

krysty

Fri 27 Apr, 2012 12:49 am
@LIUXUWOAINI,
Yeah bread can increase your weight.
0 Replies

Krumple

Fri 27 Apr, 2012 12:57 am
@LIUXUWOAINI,
LIUXUWOAINI wrote:

I want to lose my weight,but I do not know what food should I eat.what about bread?will it make me fat,if yes ,please give me some advice?

Actually humans are not meant to consume grains of any kind. Corn is a great example. Our bodies are not capible of processing grains. This is why wheat need to be processed so heavily, same with rice before we can even eat it.

Bread was always used as a source of fiber, which is to aid in digestion and help clear bowels. That is all it is good for. My advice, if it is worth anything is to consume as little bread as you can possibly manage. I know it is incredibly difficult to do since just about everything western culture consumes has bread in it.
micalhassi

Fri 25 May, 2012 03:40 am
@LIUXUWOAINI,
No dear, bread has no ingredients which make a fat body.
But perhaps use bread only at the time of breakfast with jam or an egg. Bread also used in many dishes like sandwich, burger, pasta.
Bread also builds with quality ingredients.
Use it with fully confidence.
ossobuco

Fri 25 May, 2012 02:41 pm
@micalhassi,
Where do you get your information, micalhassi?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 25 May, 2012 02:51 pm
@micalhassi,
1. The initial posting of this thread is dated: Tue 23 May, 2006 03:19 am;
2. The OP hasn't been around since Tue 20 Jun, 2006 04:05 am;
3. Your understanding of nutrition science is utter nonsense.

Quote:
Nutritionists call them carbohydrates. To most of us, they're simply sugars and starches. And although the fructose in soft drinks and the refined flour in white bread taste quite different, "nutritionally and metabolically they're the same as table sugar," explains endocrinologist David S. Ludwig. That's because the body digests all carbohydrate-rich foods into glucose, or blood sugar.

Quote:
Ludwig's team decided to see whether a diet rich in a similar carb promotes fat buildup. They used a proportion of carbs that people on a low-fat diet might eat and compared its effects with that of a diet equal in all respects except that its carbs were mainly a slowly digested starch.
access

In the September Obesity, the researchers show that animals eating rapidly digested carbs accumulated more fat throughout their bodies—including their livers—than did animals eating primarily the slow-to-digest starch.

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/8950/title/Food_for_Thought__Fattening_Carbs%2B%23151%3BSome_Promote_Obesity_and_Worse

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 25 May, 2012 02:55 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Bread was always used as a source of fiber, which is to aid in digestion and help clear bowels. That is all it is good for.

I beg to differ. It's VERY difficult to eat a chiliburger or various sandwich without bread. It can get very messy eating an entire chiliburger (piping hot hamburger patty topped with lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, sauteed mushrooms, melted cheese, mustard, ketchup, and chili by hand when the bread bun is missing. Mad
Krumple

Fri 25 May, 2012 06:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Krumple wrote:

Bread was always used as a source of fiber, which is to aid in digestion and help clear bowels. That is all it is good for.

I beg to differ. It's VERY difficult to eat a chiliburger or various sandwich without bread. It can get very messy eating an entire chiliburger (piping hot hamburger patty topped with lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, sauteed mushrooms, melted cheese, mustard, ketchup, and chili by hand when the bread bun is missing. Mad

Hey, I never said I was the food police. All I said was try to minimize as much of it that you can if you want a "healthier" diet. Some things might have to be re-thought or abandoned all together. But if you must have buns for your hamburgers or what ever, try to go with the breads with the least amount of excess processing.

A lot of buns are made with extra sugar added to make them more appealing. This just works against you if you are trying to control your sugar intake. If you don't care about how much sugar you in take then by all means keep going with your breads how you like them.
tsarstepan

Fri 25 May, 2012 07:07 pm
@Krumple,
Wow. Rolling Eyes The lowbrow joke in my post was an obvious bunt for anyone to read! What does that say about how it goes flying over your thick head and you couldn't recognize it. Took it quite literrally.
roger

Fri 25 May, 2012 11:09 pm
Plain, white bread has almost zip for fiber. It's also much higher on the glycemic index than pure sugar. Somehow, I do suspect that bread can make on fat.
0 Replies

Krumple

Fri 1 Jun, 2012 01:02 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Wow. Rolling Eyes The lowbrow joke in my post was an obvious bunt for anyone to read! What does that say about how it goes flying over your thick head and you couldn't recognize it. Took it quite literrally.

Well the problem is, the net doesn't translte sarcasm very well and on top of that I know people who do eat burgers without buns.
0 Replies

airlinestroot

Mon 1 Oct, 2012 01:25 am
Yes, Bread can increase your weight, it has carbohydrates in it and calories too, so It can definitely make you fat.
kris123

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 12:04 am
@airlinestroot,
I think it depends upon what kind of bread it is..what do you say guys?
0 Replies

franklin067

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 06:02 am
@material girl,
it is just a myth that bread makes fat..
0 Replies

belmarrahealth

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 12:58 am
@LIUXUWOAINI,
Hi
Bread contain a lot of calorie.Some time it may cause to increase your weight.
Thanks.
0 Replies

chirchri

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 08:09 pm
It never happens, though. hah.
0 Replies