Love: Is it a behavior or an ability?

JLNobody

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 12:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I think love is both an ability and a behavior insofar as unexpressed love is meaningless for the loved one.
David I agree that love is on the same continuum as affection, but also caring.
To have a ready capacity for caring for others is compassion--but not pity.
How is that for word games, C.I..
JLNobody

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 01:08 pm
I see that Fbaezer wrote a decade ago that "mankind is unseparable from culture. We are not only organic biochemical beings, a product of natural evolution; we are cultural beings, a product of societal evolution. "
That's still right, and is necessarily taken into account when determining the nature of our general (cultural) and universal (species) traits.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 01:22 pm
@JLNobody,
Pretty good, JLN. Compassion for others pretty much covers the idea about advocating for people whose human rights have been marginalized.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 07:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This is turning out to be such a nice day. Smile
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 08:01 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:
I think love is both an ability and a behavior insofar as
unexpressed love is meaningless for the loved one.
It IS.

JLNobody wrote:
David I agree that love is on the same continuum as affection, . . .
I have known that to be DISPUTED.
Some deem liking and loving to be of a different nature; I disagree.

David
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 11:05 am
Hi. This is an amazing thread. Makes me happy to hang around A2K.

My own experience is that the feeling of love is innate and uncontrolable, but what we do with that feeling evidently involves learnt skills. My parents were nice enough but they never ever hugged us or any display of affection like that... As a result, my siblings and I are all pretty shy, able to feel love but hardly able to express it. Though we've learned to express it somewhat, eg with our children, by being exposed to other 'love cultures' by sweethearts and spouses.

Romantic love exists in other cultures so it's not a western thing. What is western is perhaps the emphasis on it as an all-important life goal. Finding your soulmate, etc. Maybe we westerners make a bit too much of it...?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 11:12 am
@Olivier5,
Oh I realize only now that this is a 10-yr-old thread... It's probably why it's so good...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 06:11 am
@Olivier5,
Like fine wine, it improves with age.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 03:17 am

By nature we sing.

And shape, craft, mould, and feel

all about everything.

Towards the sorrow and joy

of heart-break and recognition.

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 05:35 pm
@boomerang,
All these questions popping up all around the forums everyday...why oh why ALWAYS an either or ???
BillW

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2022 06:28 am
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque, you are Portuguese, love is an art for you. We Americans must, for the most part, decide if it is a folly we can allow to interfere with day to day mechanics of life😄😘😎
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2022 06:37 pm
More like an involuntary reflex to the perception of reality.

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2022 06:43 pm
@Leadfoot,
The most wonderful delusional state that we ought to ever experience. and the most necessary to. Without it nothing makes sense and everything is alien.
It is funny that to want to know Reality we have to start from a pure delusional state without which we couldn't care less about anything else.

There is something "artistic" about that trick Nature pulled on us for sure...
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2022 05:43 am
@Albuquerque,
I’ll give you that, although I think more treat than trick.
0 Replies

htam9876

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2022 02:22 am
Essence vs appearance, touchy and feely:

When a cat encounters a rat, it would love in it very much and immediately bounce towards it, because the cat is “sure enough” it is able to (has the ability to) catch the rat and tear the rat in pieces.
Piggy fears rat very much and just wants to disengange, because piggy has no such ability as the cat. Haha
Ability is the essence while behavior is appearance.Behavior bases on essence.
Have a lovely day, guys.

0 Replies

Thomastrokan33

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2022 10:05 am
As my shield, for Janice from Annabelle Creation, I'll use the political extramarital affair church: the CNN-BBC alliance.

The shield itself. Its components, are that the BBC is the last part, i.e. the long lost hero. CNN, being the framework identical, is able to disguise the long lost hero, the BBC.

Church: how was it included?
My specific gift, is the pavement, albeit, the full picture wasn't able to be known to me, at time of origin, thus, I replaced it with church (Janice's possible achilles heel).

Discos. Nightclubs. Business conferences. etc, they are all the same achilles heel, to the agency.
The agency, Janice's love scenario, with myself (Thomas Heath), isn't supposed to be an adoption agency, but it could be.

Alas: it's the one scenario, where I'm able to wear a tie.

The general format, of my current existence, is this:
left-wing politics, may be a deliberate (deliberate as in no hidden altruism) evil generator of The Symmetry.

In Annabelle Creation, Janice's walking is a warrior code, and speed of truth is the intersection sex aristocracy. In essence, this means that I can't leave where I currently live, otherwise The Symmetry and left-wing politics will be able to misuse me for Annabelle Creation.

To Janice (Agent Doll):
On the condition, that my face sociology (my facial style) is God's opponent, thereby granting me the singularity of history trajectory, i.e. no history prior to Earth, as otherwise the movie (Hollywood movie) trajectory wouldn't have been possible, as a reflection logic (although this assumes that Freeman's Alex Cross in Kiss the Girls press conference is no Bye-stander), the symbiosis between left-wing politics, The Symmetry and history and reflection can be my means to wear a waistcoat, and a tie in your presence

For Delia Curry
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2022 05:13 pm
@boomerang,
My out of the box abstract vision on the concept of "Love" is very spartan, it just means not alienated or mechanically linked/close. That is the Axiom I take when I peal the concept out of anything superficial!

...and while I am at it I am firmly on the side its innate and a NEED, even if it can have many forms of cultural manifestations...

Hate for instance in my view is a negative form of Love in the sense that it binds you to the subject in equal manner and can only happen when a positive form of Love was lost or damaged...

...finally I am going to quote loosely Plato on reminiscence, you cannot learn what you in same way or another didn't already knew, in modern parlance, you learn within your boundary domain!
0 Replies