24 Season 5 Spoilers! Your corneas will burn! Be careful!

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:33 pm
This is fair warning that what lies beneath this sentence is most likely a spoiler for Season 5 of 24. I couldn't bring myself to read it but I am posting it here for your enjoyment! I found it on another board, so I'm not sure who the dude was that posted, if it's accurate or what have you. That's the disclaimer, read on if you want!!

Taken from http://www.24spoilers.tvheaven.com/

The DVD Exclusive Prequel

I'll start this off by saying that I have no idea what city the prequel is supposed to be set in. Jack's story begins with a car arriving at a truck-yard. The driver parks the car and exits the vehicle, it's Chloe O'Brian. Chloe sneaks around the back of the truck-yard and she cautiously walks past several parked trucks. As she walks past one of the trucks a man appears out of nowhere and grabs her and pulls her behind the truck. Chloe looks at the man's face. The man appears to be a homeless guy sleeping on the streets. He's wearing a sweatshirt with the hood pulled over his head and he has long dirty hair and he looks like he hasn't shaven in months. The man Chloe is looking at is Jack Bauer, or what's left of the man she once knew as Jack Bauer.

Chloe and Jack speak and Chloe delivers some unsettling news. She says that her computer was hacked into and that the hacker accessed encrypted files on Jack's disappearance. Chloe advises Jack to immediately leave the city and start over somewhere else because she fears that someone might come after him. I don't have anything else on the meeting and it appears to be over very quickly. Chloe and Jack say their goodbyes and Chloe gets back in her car and exits the truck-yard. Jack leaves the meeting and he makes his way to his car and he gets in and starts the engine. He sits there, reflecting on weather or not he should start over somewhere else. Jack's brief moment of reflection is interrupted when a black motorcycle appears in front of his car. The man on the motorcycle is supposed to be wearing a helmet with a black visor that conceals his face. Jack looks up at the motorcycle driver, then he looks around the street and he sees several cars arrive. IT'S AN AMBUSH! Jack hits the accelerator and the chase is on.
Source: www.24spoilers.tvheaven.com

7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Airdate: January 15th, 2006
Airtime: 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Tony and Michelle are at home in a cozy West Valley neighborhood. They have plans for a business meeting but those plans are quickly scrapped once they learn of a drastic situation. Michelle thinks that they should head over to CTU to help out but Tony doesn't want to go and he thinks they would just be getting in the way of the investigation. Michelle evaluates the severity of the incident and she decides the business meeting is irrelevant and that she needs to offer her services to CTU. Tony eventually agrees and they prepare to head off to CTU Los Angeles.

An encrypted book which is still being written on the computer of a former high ranking government official will play a huge role in the early stages of season five.

The clock has already started ticking for the thrilling and unpredictable fifth season of 24, which will involve new cast members Sean Astin (Lynn McGill), ("The Lord of the Rings"), Jean Smart ("Garden State") and Connie Britton ("Friday Night Lights) along with newcomer Brady Corbet ("Thirteen"). 24's "Day 5" will start with a four-hour, two-night season premiere on Sunday, Jan. 8 and Monday, Jan. 9 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The second hour on Monday, Jan. 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) will be the series' 100th episode. The fifth hour of 24 will air in the show's regular time period on Monday, Jan. 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), and the intense series will then unfold on a weekly basis without repeats or preemptions all the way until the heart-stopping season finale. Season five picks up 18 months later as national security is brutally breached and the thrilling clock begins to tick again. A presumably dead Jack Bauer is actually living a new life with DIANE (Connie Britton) and her son DEREK (Brady Corbet). Panicky PRESIDENT LOGAN (Gregory Itzin) is running the nation, while composed BILL BUCHANAN (James Morrison) commands CTU alongside key operatives CURTIS MANNING (Roger Cross), EDGAR STILES (Louis Lombardi) and CHLOE O'BRIAN (Mary Lynn Rajskub). Also featured in season five will be Emmy Award-winning actress Jean Smart as First Lady MARTHA LOGAN. In addition, TONY ALMEIDA (Carlos Bernard) and AUDREY RAINES (Kim Raver) return in the upcoming season.
Source: Fox

Stay away from Cadillac's because early on in the season a light blue mid 1990's Cadillac Deville will be utterly destroyed. I don't know who's gonna be in the car but I can assure you that the explosion will be huge and I don't see how anyone could survive the massive blast.

The writers want to bring back 24's shock value and they plan on killing off several series regulars right off the bat. I've been hearing that the original plan was to kill off at least two series regulars within the first few opening minutes of the premiere (The assassinations have a direct connection to Jack). Somehow elements within the United States Government and possibly the Chinese Government discover that Jack is still alive and they know his suspicious death was an elaborate hoax. (The season five DVD exclusive prequel will will likely deal with how they know Jack's alive.) In order to suppress the diplomatic damage, Jack Bauer and all of the people who know he's alive are being hunted down and killed, one by one. The season takes place well after Jack fled the U.S. and it's impossible to know exactly who knows that Jack's still alive. We all know Tony, Michelle and Chloe know but the people erasing Jack may think others close to Jack know. Audrey, Kim, Chase and even Secretary Heller may be targeted for assassination.

8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Airdate: January 15th, 2006
Airtime: 9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

An Eastern European terrorist group begins its final preparations on an upcoming terrorist act at a Los Angeles area airport. Meanwhile, the Russian President's plane lands and he plans on meeting with President Logan to finalize a controversial treaty.

General Season 5 Information:

Arizona Senator John McCain will appear in an upcoming episode.
Source - www.sfgate.com

Quote from Kim Raver "I'm working with Sean Astin, who is also a riot. He's one of the funniest guys I've met, and just so much fun to work with. And he's also so passionate, he comes in there all fired up, so it's great to have him there. [Pause] I'm being very particular with my words because I know at any minute I'll spill the beans about something".
Source: TvGuide.com

The new season has Jack settling in Bakersfield, California, and working on an oil rig, it's a far cry from his secret past. He falls in love with a mysterious woman (Connie Britton) and everything seems just fine. But true to "24", his life doesn't stay peaceful for very long. The woman's son, played by Brady Corbett, becomes suspicious of Jack's past and begins asking too many questions. Suddenly Jack's cover explodes. The Chinese government quickly finds out about him and everyone is in danger. One of the major characters will be killed off on the first three episodes! Fox is closely guarding the identity of the victim -- but the writers are promising the death will be totally unexpected and will shock even 24's most seasoned fans. The buzz is that former President David Palmer... is the victim. But on 24 anything can happen and anyone can be a target.
Source: The Globe (September 5th issue page 66)

Mary Lynn Rajskub hinted that "something's brewing this year" between Chloe and Edgar. But sadly, that something is probably not a red-hot affair. "You want that to happen so bad," she teased me. "You want [a Chloe-Edgar] love scene so bad." You will see Tony and Michelle in the season premiere.
Source: TvGuide.com

Splashnews.com has posted photos from the set. The photos show Jack as well as CTU agents and a CTU helicopter at an airfield in Van Nuys.
Source: www.Splashnews.com - Photos by Carl Brooks

Actress Kathleen Gati has joined the cast as the Russian First Lady.
Source: www.Moziplussz.hu

President Palmer, Mike Novick and Michelle Dessler will be back for at least the first episode.
Source: www.24fan.blogspot.com

"Lord of the Rings" thesp Sean Astin will be a series regular when the 20th/Imagine TV-produced drama returns for its fifth season early next year. He'll be a part of the Counter Terrorist Unit; beyond that, the network is staying mum about Astin's character.
Source: Variety

Actor Geraint Wyn Davies has joined the cast in a recurring role.
Source: www.gwdfc.org

Here's a quote from the Ask Ausellio section on tvguide.com - "All executive producer Evan Katz would tell me at Fox's press tour party Friday night is that dead-man-walking Jack Bauer will be brought back into the fold "in a really explosive and traumatic two-hour way." (The key word being "traumatic.") Katz added that the whole Chinese Embassy plot will be partially wrapped up in the season opener. "Pieces of it will be resolved, but pieces of it we will reserve." As far as who will be back, Katz wouldn't confirm any names other than previously announced series regulars Kiefer Sutherland, Carlos Bernard and Mary Lynn Rajskub. He did, however, promise that a "big surprise" was in store for Michelle (Reiko Aylesworth) and I'm betting it's not the good kind."
Source: TvGuide

Another DVD exclusive prequel is in the works and it sounds like it's going to be much longer that last seasons prequel which had about 5 minutes and thirty seconds of new footage. A "24 minute" prequel is being discussed but the show would likely have to seek out a promotional sponsor to finance the project because of current budget issues.

It's kind of murky at this point, but I have it on good authority that Tochelle will have made good on their promise to quit CTU and pursue life as a boring married couple. "They're gone; they're out," says a source close to the show. "It's a real happy ending." But that's not to say Jack won't pull them back in when the going gets deadly.
Source: TvGuide

What happens next on "24" is one of the most guarded secrets in Hollywood -- but Vince Flynn has some answers. The best-selling Twin Cities-based author of political thrillers like "Transfer of Power" and "Term Limits" spent a week in Los Angeles recently, helping creators of the unpredictable Fox drama come up with future story lines. He'll go back in late summer or early fall to help wrap up some of the stories and possibly even pen a script. Flynn wouldn't dare give away any major revelations but he did let slip that some major characters get blown up in next season's opener.
Source: Minneapolis Star Tribune

"We'll pick Jack up in a very different place, roughly a year later. Of course, the show is the show, so it won't be long before he's back in the saddle. But we'll explore a little bit of what he's been doing with his life and the situation he's gotten himself into. That will certainly have an impact on his behavior when he gets involved in the streets".
Source: Quote from 24 writer/producer Robert Cochran from TvGuide interview
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 20,483 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Jamesw84

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 04:07 am
Umm,
Are you sure this is series 5, and not SERIES 6??

I am definite about seeing another series 5.......on TV here in Australia, unless our TV station had the wrong series on......
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 04:28 pm
I haven't read them through, they're for the show "24" with Keifer Sutherland. Season 4 wrapped last spring, so we're up for Season 5 - perhaps you're talking about a different show? Smile
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:27 pm
I dont think so bro, as season 5 is about to finish off on Australian TV next week. Season 5, from what Ive seen is about the guy called Marwan who tries to sabotage nuclear powerplants, shoot down the president's plane, and launch a nuke within US soil. Season 1 was played first in 2001 here in Australia, so theres no mistake :p
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:27 pm
I dont think so bro, as season 5 is about to finish off on Australian TV next week. Season 5, from what Ive seen is about the guy called Marwan who tries to sabotage nuclear powerplants, shoot down the president's plane, and launch a nuke within US soil. Season 1 was played first in 2001 here in Australia, so theres no mistake :p
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:48 am
That was Season 4...I think I'm right on this, anyone else know? Smile

Season 1 - daughter and mom get kidnapped, Nina is a turncoat
Season 2- something with russians, David Palmer assination attempt...
Season 3 - Jack infiltrates national gang, gets addicted to drugs
Season 4 - DOD and DODer get kidnapped, Marwan, etc.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:48 am
They're totall all blending in my head, my coworker and I are trying to figure out which seasons were which, but I think that's the run down!
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 04:13 am
umm, the assassination attempt on palmer was in season 1 , ho ho ho
0 Replies

bauerrules

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:33 pm
season 5 starts this year...unless Australia has some magical link to the future.
0 Replies

bauerrules

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:34 pm
i mean next year
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 04:43 am
This season spoiler doesnt really tell me much...I read it and I still know about close to nothing about season 5. Not detailed enough im afraid. Can you find us a more detailed spoiler, like one that has a synopsis for every single hour that passes?
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 12:05 pm
I didn't read the spoilers b/c I don't want to know - lol! Sorry they weren't that good - I will keep my eyes peeled. They're pretty good and keeping it under wraps I think, I was surprised to find those. I'll keep you posted! Smile
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:53 am
Well what did you all think of the 4 hours of drama? I am shocked there's not already a thread on this... thought the poison gas was kind of a cop out from season 3...(or was it 4)...

In other 24 news, heard that they're coming out with a 24 video game, kind of like Splinter Cell and MSG... I'll have to do some research on it. Anyone know anything?
0 Replies

Winthorpe

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 08:26 am
Anyone else watching this season? It's almost as good as last season. Nice plot twist with President Logan behind the conspiracy. They were trying too hard to make you think it was the VP so it had to be somebody else. Once again, Jackl has defie death 10 times so far and killed 60 bad guys, a usual day.

I just saw this bit of good news, it looks like we have a few more seasons to go.

Kiefer Sutherland Signs on for More '24'
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 10:21 am
Damn, now we know for sure that he is going to survive the season.

I never felt that that was a certainty with the previous seasons.

Regardless, it is still a great show with enough twists to keep me guessing.
0 Replies