Mcyi9nf2

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 11:17 am
Hi Everyone, I have just stumbled across this forum and thought I would post something from a direct employees perspective. I was employed by Jani-King as a Sales Representative to go out and win contracts for the franchisees in South Yorkshire, UK. The way we were treated was disgusting, we were threatened with our jobs every single day and lived in fear of the abuse we were given on a daily basis from Senior Management. This led to reps falsifying bids in order to keep their jobs, which obviously had adverse affects on the local franchisees. I would not recommend anyone deal with this company as, even from an internal point of view, its a complete farce.
0 Replies

simona

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 07:40 pm
Re: Thanks for the info
Confused Question Idea
0 Replies

simona

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 07:41 pm
Re: Thanks for the info
ICEMAN24 wrote:
Thanks for the info Thickhead. I spoke with a few more franchisees yesterday. One really opened up my eyes as far as cost structure and labor costs. Thank you for your feedback as well. Based on the information that you have provided, and the information I have received from other franchisees, I am not going to purchase a Jani King franchise.
0 Replies

simona

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 08:05 pm
Confused
I have a small cleaning business,I work as a subcontractor.I have been in the cleaning business for 8 years now.I work with a contractor that gets the accounts for me and gets 25% of each account that they get for me.I am happy with them because they pay on time and I did not have to pay them anything to get my foot in, so to say...The thing is that the accounts that they get are too small, (For ex.$480,$1000)I have a few of those accounts ,I am not complaining, but I have to drive my car from one to another ,make 5-6 stops every evening.All of this goes to car repairs , a lot of gas,etc.
I have some savings that I was thinking to invest into a franchise,Jinking.
Is it a good investement?
Everybody on this forum complains about them.
I just got the programs package today, and I was looking at the fees that they are asking, they look a little bit too high.In order to get an account for $2000 I would have to give them$12.000.I never had to pay in order to go to work.
Is this normal,or is it a rip off?
Is it safe?
Please give me some advice!!!!
SB(New Jersey)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 08:13 pm
Simona, I think this thread speaks for itself. What more do you need to do other than read what others have posted here? How many times do people have to say Jani-K. is a ripoff before you believe it?
0 Replies

cleanup

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 02:17 pm
Re: JANIKING
donewrong wrote:
hAVE ANYONE WON AGAINST J.K. ARE THEIR ANY LAWYERS THAT HAS BEAT J.K.

IT SEEMS THAT EVERYONE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH J.K. NOT GETTING SUPPORT WHEN THE CONTRACTS ARE GIVEN TO US IN BAD CONDITION AND THE UNDER BIDDING. IF EVERYBODY WITH A J.K FRANCHISE WORK TOGETHER MYBE IT COULD TRIGGER A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT
ALSO IF PEOPLE GO TO THE MEDIA AND EXPLOIT J.K IT MY BE THE ANSWER. I'AM PRETTY SURE THAT THOSE EXPENSIVE SPONSORS WOULD NOT LIKE TO BE PART OF A COMPANY THAT RIPS YOU OFF

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

J.K. always said "They never lost a court case". Why because if that was at all a possibility, they could lose, they would settle out of court.

There was a group called the Cleanup group in 1999. Started by a franchisee, who got in touch with as many other franchisees as possible, from the list provided in due diligence, who then, in turn, contacted all the franchisees they knew and held meetings in Tamworth. Franchisees came from all over the country, also Scotland. They all decided to go collectively to the press. There was a massive campaign by the Daily Mirror's SORTED page by Andrew Penman, even the Times carried the story, he was hated by J.K. J.K. met with the representatives of the Cleanup group, gave the leaders top jobs, changed their ways for a couple of years then went back to normal after riding out the storm.
Maybe it is time for another Cleanup Group 2007/8
There was also a good solicitor called Douglas Jones Mercer at
147, St Helens Road, Swansea, West Glamorgan. SA1 4DB
Tel: 01792 650000.
I do not know if they still practice but it would be worth a try.
Good Luck!
0 Replies

hingleyc

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:09 pm
Jani King is a total rip off!
I got suckered into accepting a fully financed franchise. On dealer days, they kept the $13,000.00 per month it generated and dispersed enough on payday to cover hourly wages for employees, including an hourly wage for me, not a dealer day dispersement. On the dealer day, since they had full control of the money, they were supposed to care for the remittances to wcb, ei tax, etc. This, because I had no experience running a biz, accounting, etc. I didn't even graduate high school. A man from wcb finally went to the office and they cut him a cheque for about 1/2 owing, promising to foreward the rest. Never did. Nor did they ever pay the nearly $10, 000.00 owing revenue canada! When I got a failure to file notice from revenue Canada after about 6 months of their failure to remit and brought it to thier attention, I had my leases abruptly terminated! The wages I recieved on payday for hundreds of hours of work was declared suddenly my 'dealer Days" (It wasn't!). They said that I was responsible to pay the taxes, etc and they ordered me to sign a form absolving them of the acrewed debt. I refused and found the 108+ hours I put in over the holidays declared not a wage. They said I owed money and would get nothing. So here I am without a franchise (and I was putting in 300 hours per month at times) with nothing but a damaged rep and thousands of dollars in debt acrewed while they lined their pockets with the lions' share of the lease money and none of the responsibility for the debt. I can't warn people enough to stay away from these thieves. I will be pursuing an arbitrators ruling to determine who exactly profited from the venture, whether I was in fact mearly working as an hourly waged employee with no control of the dealer day funds (if I had control, it would have been paid!) and who will be ultimately responsible for the nearly $10,000.00 debt.
0 Replies

nuts

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 06:35 am
Re: JK
Hi bigt how are you getting on with jk done the same as you and now taking me to court , i think if they try running the business more instead of taking people to court they will have a better frachise
bigt wrote:
Thanks for that, I might contact the newspaper for advice. As yet I haven't paid any money other than a small initial deposit (£1K) and training was to begin next year.
Thanks for your support, I will let you know how it goes.
0 Replies

nuts

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 07:11 am
Re: BigDawg
Hi thickhead just saw that you have e-mailed tyler about you case with jk can you do the same here thanks [email protected]
thickhead wrote:
Done. I hope this might help you.
0 Replies

alphadog

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 02:30 pm
Jani king
I know of a syndicate who up until last year, were suing Jani king. However, it all went pear shaped, because just like other previous syndicates, they ran out of money, to fund their legal case against them.
What didn't help was that JK were allowed to take 3 months to respond to their claims.
During that time, the syndicate gave them time to plan a way out of the sh** they were in, hoping they would come up with an offer to reslove the case.
NO CHANCE. Sad
JK took advantage of their good nature and utilised this 3 months to "punish" the syndicate by suing - INDIVIDUALLY, each & everyone of the syndicate.
They are so very used at fighting off claims against them, they are masters at it. After all, they've had 14 yrs of practise.
They were so, so determined not to pay offf this syndicate, as no doubt it would have set a precedent for franchisees (past & present), who felt the same way. I guess, they felt it a better move to sue the syndicate rather than pay them off. As previously mentioned their tactics worked, because the syndicate crumbled, even though their case against JK was concrete.
0 Replies

mitb5

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 06:46 am
jani king scam artists
thickhead

i would also appreciate any info on how it may be possible to extract onself from a JK franchise.

[email protected]

many thanks
0 Replies

mitb5

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 06:47 am
Jani king scam
thickhead

i would also appreciate any info on how it may be possible to extract onself from a JK franchise. these people are ruining everyones lives

[email protected]

many thanks
0 Replies

alphadog

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:04 am
Ref:- Jani king
Hi guys,
I'm intrigued to know if anyone can compile a list of franchisees who've had bad experiences of Jani king. The figs must run into 100's. Sad
This information would be great if someone wanted to report them. It would add fuel to the fire, for any syndicate who wanted to take them on.
As you are aware, Andrew Lawson and Guy Strang were part of the syndicate in the late 90's, who were very disenchanted and started suing Jani king. There's press cuttings proving this point. However, they are now part of the equation. It's amazing how some people have a change of mind, isn't it?
As I'm a current franchisee, can anyone start the ball rolling for us to start the snowballing effect. to get out of this mess we find ourselves in? Laughing
0 Replies

shrs27

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:17 pm
Jani-King
Has anyone had a positive experience in the US? If they are always #1 on the franchise list, what is the problem? Is it the fees or the markets you are in, I can see if you are in a small town with a small base...

Anyone have experience with JAN PRO?
0 Replies

pennilessking

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 06:13 am
Re: Jani king scam
It's just so unfortunate that many of us find out about the true colours of this Company after we have signed over thousands of pounds to them only because we then decide to do some digging. We only came across a site like this afterwards and we are still kicking ourselves. Those who have been fortunate to find it before signing on the dotted line and for those in the future, I say well done to them. For those who will find this site and still go ahead I say see you again soon! These people will really ruin you so take heed. [email protected] I will send you an email.
0 Replies

janikingvictim

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 09:06 pm
JANIKING IS THE NEW AGE OF SLAVERY
Hey man I know how you feel, janiking is the worst nightmare. They go out there and bid so low for the accounts no decent company can compete with them because JANIKING don't do the work. They take %20 percent up front and all kind of other fees, then they throw the burden of labor, labor taxes, qemicals, gas, vehicle expenses which is very hight because most of the time you have to travel for miles to get to the accounts they give you. they bid as low as 10-13 an hour take %20 and other fees out, you get started at minimum wage, then comes your expenses.
take this one too, they will charge you $50 any time a client complain about something.
when things got tight here in Mississippi before Katrina they were waiting for any excuses to take accounts from one franchisee and give it to the new ones or to old one for finders fees.
some of the jobs you have to start at 1am, for 7 wy it's hard to have workers to do the job so you end up doing the job yourself. That's the trap if you get tired you are out, there goes your business...
A friend of mine had an account she solicited it by herself, jani King operation manager at the time S.P while driving me to an account told me that they were waiting for something to happen and they will take that account from her. and that's what happened few weeks later.
A client called the office to cancel the contract, I did not know about until two months later.
I will not save a fight until I get compensation for the money and time spend doing janiking. ...IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OF JANIKING put an LED sign on the back of you car that says JANIKING VICTIM, this way they can't get more victims nor business.
0 Replies

Jani king Clean

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 03:41 pm
I must say I find it sad that that is the way you feel about Jani King janikingvictim , I work for a reginal office in the USA and I hope none of the Franchise owners I have feel that way to me. I know that for ME to make any money in my job at the Reginal office I must make the Franchise owners money.
I wish you could come to the USA , I have franchise owners here thats been with us for 12+ years making alot of money.
0 Replies

janikingvictim

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 10:18 pm
Jani King King of Crooks
when they give you the pre-franchise purchace book and 10 days to review to do it, please do some research, call the people who gave up the franchise and listen to what they have to say, ...but this will be over when we start our campain to put LED signs on back of the cars and trucks " JANI KING RIPOF BE WARE", let's start picketing near their regional offices and their head quarter, once we are many FOX channel will jump on it on hard beat, I did send a report to FTC, bbb, MSNBC DATE LINE, 20/20, I hope somebody will be digging behind these people,...
A ship can only have one captin, how can you be your own boss when the contract is in Jani King name, You have get them evaluation form sign by your client, when you have no say on the bid they get you for initial business, take it or leave it, they will stick it to somebody else.
Hundreds of people gave up their franchises because Jani King makes the money they don't.
0 Replies

Hylton

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 02:53 pm
Re: Jani-King Franchise
gpfl1974 wrote:
I am interested in a Jani-King franchise and am gathering information. Are there any current Jani-King franchisee's that can share their experience, pro/cons, etc.? Any information you can provide in helping me make a decision is appreciated.

Thanks,
George

do not touch it bad news
0 Replies

Hylton

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 03:07 pm
cleaned-out wrote:
I currently have a Jani King franchise. The worst thing I ever did.
My franchise is out side the US. So I don't know what its like there.
The bottom line is I have been left with a bad taste in my mouth and before people say its sour grapes. I'm making a little money and only because I have had to fight Jani King for every cent. Jani King will undercut competion to obtain work, making it almost impossible to achive the sales lines they throw at you when you sign about making your business grow
I believe that Jani King is driven by pure greed. I cannot trust a single word from my Jani King regional manager.
I also believe that Jani King work on the basis of after two years they make life so difficult for the franchisee. They then at their wits end walk out of the franchise thus leaving Jani King free to sell it again.
If my details seem obscure its because I have a genuine fear of retribution from Jani King.
Crying or Very sad
Iamb currently writing an article on the pitfalls of franchising specifically aimed at "yours truly" which i hope to be able to put on a site as i am really fed up with these guys and similar who rip people off
0 Replies