Letty

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:50 am
I was almost 100% certain that you would say:

"Late to the party, as usual".

Foolish? Hmmmmmmmm!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:11 am
(i clicked on your invitation, but to no avail; there was no chariot, and horses; i had to seek it out, on my own)

"the late BoGoWo"

[intimations of my demise are entirely exagerated!]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:00 am
OK. Anyway, the implication that the idea was somehow paranormal was not intended. It was more of an exploration, frankly.

I've run a gamut of ideas looking for some sense in the senseless. Still holding on to my rose, Bo.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:04 am
and a rose, by any other name, is still a coincidence!

[it coincides with your worthiness to receive it!]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:30 am
Very well, then. I'll stop now.
0 Replies

Lordregent52

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:36 am
There is a set of audio tapes you can buy on this subject called "The Law of Attraction." It's by a couple who say that they are channeling a group of ascended life forms who collectively call themselves Abraham. Abraham says that simular things attract one another. Part of the idea is that if you are optimistic your life will be better, but it also includes the kinds of things that have been mentioned in this thread. It's actually quite interesting.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:12 am
Being aware of how your soul creates.

I like that part of the definition most of all and I thank Raggedyaggie for posting it.

I hope I don't sound too "out there", because I'm really not, but I have seen the force of those wheels in my life in a big, big way.

Maybe its because I need to find some meaning or reason to the events that have led me to where I am now - not a bad place at all, just somewhere that I never expected to be - that I have searched my life for cause and effect.

While there surely must be causes it is really an extraordinary string of coincidences that led me to this place. It has made me a keen and concisous observer of my own life as I wait to see how it all plays out.

I know I'm where I am to learn something but I really wish the teacher would just whack me with a ruler and help me understand.

I can't wait to check out the links posted here when I get the time.

Interesting conversation!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:16 am
Welcome to A2K, Lordregent. That was a very cogent post for a fourteen year old. Thank you for the recommendation, but I seldom do audio tapes. I find that in the course of my life, I must work through things myself.

Funny, I just thought of a Beatles' song:

I'll get by with a little help from my friends. <smile>
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:19 am
Lordregent52 wrote:
....... Part of the idea is that if you are optimistic your life will be better..........

Hmmm; you just might come up with that on your own, without the participation of the realms of the supernatural!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:22 am
Hey, boomer. I guess that's why we're here.

A little diversion never made a good person go bad.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:23 am
Letty wrote:
Welcome to A2K, Lordregent. That was a very cogent post for a fourteen year old. Thank you for the recommendation, but I seldom do audio tapes. I find that in the course of my life, I must work through things myself.

Funny, I just thought of a Beatles' song:

I'll get by with a little help from my friends. <smile>

really Letty; "for a fourteen year old" a bit of a 'gaff' eh?
Let me try.......

aw, Letty 'means' well! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

[lets all pat'ronize' each other on the back! :wink: ]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:33 am
First of all, Bo. I have never patronized anyone in my life. It's the worst kind of insult. I make an honest observation, and always have. As far as the topic is concerned, it was something that I have thought about many times over.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:34 am
brat Bo, eh! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:44 am
Yes and no. I just failed to comprehend your onslaught, and incidentally. I'll always be that way. No apologies.

Well, some things lead us to a cul-de-sac; some a dead end; some a rediscovery...and some nowhere. (used to think that nowhere was now here when I was a kid)
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:47 am
it's cyclical; when you arrive at 'nowhere' you have gone full circle, and are now here (back where everything started from)!
0 Replies

Lordregent52

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 01:20 pm
BoGoWo wrote:
Lordregent52 wrote:
....... Part of the idea is that if you are optimistic your life will be better..........

Hmmm; you just might come up with that on your own, without the participation of the realms of the supernatural!

You might, BoGoWo, you might. I am not in any way endorsing the Abraham tapes; I am simply stating that they exist. I agree with you that no metaphysical aid of any kind is necesary for optimism to increase productivity.
0 Replies