My Windows 10 Computer Locked

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 01:44 am
My old Windows 7 computer freezes some times so my friend recommend me upgrading to Windows 10. I did it at night and was promoted to enter a password during startup. I input the former password on Windows 7 but it didn't work this time. Please suggest me a way to unlock the computer.

jespah

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 07:40 am
@nyspurss,
You need a windows password. Go to another computer and create a windows account if you don't already have one.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 07:54 am
@jespah,
FYI, you can avoid using/creating a Windows Live account during Windows 8/8.1/10 setup. After you click "create account" there's some text at the bottom that says "skip this step."
jespah

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 10:45 am
@DrewDad,
Awesome, I did not know that.
0 Replies

nyspurss

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 08:11 pm
@jespah,
I thought it is a local account password.
0 Replies

kevinwalker12

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 09:35 am
@nyspurss,
You have to click the start button from the list to left. After clicking this then go to Account setting, you get many options but you have to click on sign in options. In this option, you got a password change option where you can change the password. Microsoft will send you a new code to your registered phone number. By this, you can successfully unlock your computer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 10:14 am
I have an old computer with 7 that is almost unusable. It barely opens and lets me start, gives messages that the old system lacks proper drivers, etc., and will not allow most sites to open. I tried a dozen times to install 10, but it starts and stalls. I deleted as much unnecessary content as I could, but nothing helps. I just put it away and got a new one.
BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 02:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Could be that you have a hard drive problems.

I used a program spinrite but it cost an arm and a leg but it have save my rear end countless times over the years.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 04:40 pm
@BillRM,
I don't know. It was not worth so much headache. I retired but saved it.
0 Replies