Is mental retardation a bad thing to talk about?

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 01:42 pm
@Snezana,
Do you think these people have a type of mental retardation even though many of them advance in many areas of life?

High Strangeness

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:48 am
A lot of so-called "sane and normal" people are off their rockers, notably politicians, so maybe if we put "retarded" people in charge the world would be a better place.
PS- "Retarded" people have already got a free pass into heaven when they die, but the rest of us poor slobs have to work at it..Wink
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 07:59 pm
@High Strangeness,
Quote:
Retarded" people have already got a free pass into heaven when they die, but the rest of us poor slobs have to work at it..

Do you think that this ethically retarded women has a free pass too?

High Strangeness

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
It was just a reflex-action kick for fun.
If she'd really wanted to stop foreign invaders she'd have used a gun like threatened nations did in the past..Smile
0 Replies

Bella1976

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2016 01:16 am
It depends. Are you talking about it in order to better the quality of life? To help those. (I Am including all mental illnesses) suffering? TO. Promote education and the removal of social stigma? Support group? Because this actually is an issue for those who have any mental illnesses and i will explain why. It is impossible for any person who is not mentally ill. TO ever come close to comprehending this affliction therefore. You must be mimdful.
0 Replies

Bella1976

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2016 01:18 am
@reasoning logic,
Psychosis and. Psychopaths are not mentally retarded
neologist

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2016 01:14 pm
@Bella1976,
Also, there is a considerable difference in the underlying functions of psychopathy and psychosis.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 03:52 pm
@Bella1976,
Quote:
Psychosis and. Psychopaths are not mentally retarded

Would you consider them to be mentally advanced ways the brain works or just normal?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 01:20 pm
This guy has no problem on talking about it...

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 01:53 pm
Not that this is anything more than my opinion, but there was a time when if someone had cancer, it was communicated to others in a whisper. Possibly because having cancer was such a sad thing to communicate? I think it is a taboo subject, just like talking about the consistency of one's (hopefully) daily bowel evacuation, or like some people consider it outside their learned manners to quote price of things they buy.

But, if one wants to talk about mental retardation then perhaps one should ask oneself why is it of interest? And, if there is a good reason, then ask someone with knowledge about the subject, since I would think many people have just a knowledge of the subject based on on popular notions, which are possibly fraught with misinformation.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 03:59 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
ask someone with knowledge about the subject,
Do you see a problem with

Quote:
I would think many people have just a knowledge of the subject based on on popular notions, which are possibly fraught with misinformation.

Do you find this to be true with all subjects or just some such as mental retardation?
Foofie

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2016 01:15 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I would think many people have just a knowledge of the subject based on on popular notions, which are possibly fraught with misinformation.

Do you find this to be true with all subjects or just some such as mental retardation?

"Many" subjects, since those that are not of a particular group often just know the popular notions of the particular group. The popular notions are fraught oftentimes with misinformation purposefully promulgeted for purposes of desenfranchising the particular (out) group from full participation in the society.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2016 01:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

"Many" subjects, since those that are not of a particular group often just know the popular notions of the particular group. The popular notions are fraught oftentimes with misinformation many times purposefully promulgated for purposes of disenfranchising the particular (out) group from full participation in the society. For example, read the New Testament and one reads that "the multitudes rejoiced when He entered Jerusalem" (Jesus); however, the popular notion is that ALL Jews were against Jesus; just the High Priests were concerned, based on the Roman rulers not liking Jesus' anti-Roman rhetoric.

0 Replies