Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 02:48 pm
Amazon.com does not provide any way for a customer to contact them about defective merchandise. How can a customer contact Amazon about defective mrchandise?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,429 • Replies: 10
No top replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 03:45 pm
@Woollcott,
I haven't used them in a while since I pretty much switched to ABE.com (who do fix problems) - but I also never had a problem with Amazon. I post because I'm betting there certainly is a way to complain. If you can't find it, someone else besides me may be able to help.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 03:50 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Wool I'm sure Oss is right
jespah

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 03:58 pm
@Woollcott,
Go to your orders page, select the correct order and choose 'contact seller'. Fill out whatever you want to tell them and hit 'send email'.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 04:08 pm
@dalehileman,
I'll add that for me, ABE saves money; I'm careful with money for books these days.

I ordered a book I had already read (similar title re what I wanted to order) - and figured it out in a few minutes after I ordered. They had a way to cancel, by email, which I did. Then I got the book in the mail, grrr. Then I emailed again and they told me they were sorry for the disconnection (or similar words) and I didn't have to send it back. They were responsive, I like them. Someone shopping in goodwill has the extra book now, may be a new fan of that author.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 05:28 pm
I placed an order for pipettes (measuring tubes) in January. Got a notification saying they couldn't fill the order. I bought some off eBay, but despite trying several times to cancel the order from Amazon, couldn't do it.

Finally received the order in July. Not happy.

Not getting much joy from eBay either. Stitched up, now that they also own paypal.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 07:06 am
I had an issue with amazon where I didn't get one of my orders. I simply called the 1-800 number under "contact us" - they re-sent the order no problem. That was the only issue I ever had with amazon and they fixed it quickly.

I also usually only use amazon individuals or ebay individual with high rankings to minimize having an issue.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2016 09:17 am
When you contact the seller, Amazon gets a copy of what you write, but you can also contact them directly, although it's not an obvious process. Search for "Customer complaint"

I'll add that every complaint I've had has been taken care of completely and quickly.
Builder

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2016 05:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Bought an item that was deceptively described on eBay (camera gear that didn't fit our model) and I was expected to pay the return postage. Seller kept harping on in broken English about free return policy, but eBay wasn't interested.

I pointed out how deceptive the wording was in the advert, and that the same item had been relisted, and nothing was done about it.

With Amazon's order, they gave me a link in the email that was supposed to cancel the order, but it did nothing.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 07:49 am
I order stuff from Amazon quite often and have never been duped. I have misread the specifications and ordered the wrong size but that was my fault.

Currently waiting on a guitar pick-up to come from China. It is really reasonably priced but instead of my PO box number they decided to go against my choice and send it directly to my apartment.

So I have to check every day and see that it has not walked off on its own and the tracking says it will come sometime but gives the space of a month sometime between August 31 and September 31.

I just wish they could have used my PO box as I indicated... The item itself is no bigger than an average sized book.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 08:01 am
I once accidentally added Amazon prime to an order and the subscription fee hit may bank account a month later. Unbeknownst to me I had no money in my account and it bounced my checking account. I called Amazon furious and they reversed the charges and paid my overdraft fees! Amazon has excellent customer service...
0 Replies