twit

Fri 21 Mar, 2014 11:00 am
@millie-biggie,
BETTER TAKE ANOTHER LOOK DUDE...

0 Replies

benlashley

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 12:16 pm
@littlegrec,
The whole riddle is "who owns the fish" not "is there a fish?" Yes Einstein absolutely included a fish in the riddle and wants you to, by process of elimination, figure out who don't own the fish to figure out who must own the fish, a thought process that many people cannot do for some reason, then there are some of us, like me, who read the riddle and immediately start the process of elimination naturally and solve the riddle, the German most certainly has the fish.
0 Replies

alabuck

Wed 16 Apr, 2014 08:38 pm
Perhaps the answer is the German because Einstein was German and had fish as pets?
0 Replies

alabuck

Wed 16 Apr, 2014 08:42 pm
Perhaps it's the German because Einstein was German and had fish as pets.
0 Replies

QcEzXpLord0Swag

Fri 18 Apr, 2014 07:41 am
@cedor,
Notice the clue said NEXT TO, AND ON THE LEFT OF which means that you didn't interpret it differently than everybody else, you got it wrong.
0 Replies

QcEzXpLord0Swag

Fri 18 Apr, 2014 07:47 am
@cedor,
The clue indicating the houses position explicitly says NEXT TO AND ON THE LEFT OF, which means that you didn't interpret the clue differently than EVERYBODY ELSE, everybody else interpreted it properly and you didn't.
0 Replies

sandstone007

Tue 6 May, 2014 01:02 pm
i got the correct answer right after reading the clues, it's the German simply because Einstein is a German, awesome lucky guess eh?
0 Replies

Platinum Soul

Sun 18 May, 2014 07:12 pm
@superphoenix1985,
Actually, if you look at the order of their makeshift answer chart, they have the brit smoking bluemaster owning the horse, right next to the dane smoking dunhill...
0 Replies

Yahanita

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 08:51 pm
@millie-biggie,
The only way to solve this puzzle is by arranging the solutions according to how it was asked. Draw a table in rows as follows: colours. nationalities, beverages, cigars and pets. In addition, write the obvious ones which had already been stated in the clues( pt. 8.9.14). Next, you would realize that pt. 4 and 5 follows automatically. It would also be noticed that the british man cannot live in house one, but house three (i.e pt. 1) and pt 7 and 11 follows easily. You would realize that within thirty minutes, you would finish this puzzle. Any other approach may be used but i do not think it was a circular street, if so, what would be the first house?
Hope you get a final answer because i had Germany. I prayerfully hope am right so as to be added to the 2% porpulation and maybe get an ipad if Einstein were alive to prove me right....lol..hope i was of help
Well, am Yahanita...
0 Replies

walkerwang

Wed 19 Nov, 2014 02:41 am
@cedor,
thx for sharing!
0 Replies

fhantor1

Wed 19 Nov, 2014 02:49 am
are you sure about this ?
0 Replies

ajkelly7

Sat 21 Feb, 2015 12:39 am
@jusboutdedonSU,
I think the fundamentals of this question actually are related to computer science and information theory, primarily the following question. What is the maximal amount of compression possible given the necessity to keep X information? It is actually a very complex topic and based on the structure of the problem (number of variables, etc.), it is definitely going to vary. Interesting to think of it this way though! I wonder if you could phrase the problem using minimal spanning trees?
0 Replies

sruffin

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:37 am
So the puzzle states that no owner has the same pet but does not state that each person only owns ONE pet. Couldn't four of them have a fish and an additional pet?
0 Replies

atozbikes

Wed 22 Apr, 2015 08:45 pm
Come on, nobody got the variation? I did! The German. Is always the answer.
BUT. The grid concensus is slightly wrong. You cannot actually place the inhabitants of the two last homes. We know there is a German, green house, marlboro, drinking coffee, and a swede, dog, beer white house, and the are the last two houses, but we don't know who is in which. There isn't enough info. To the left of is a relative term, so we can only assume the green and white are neighbours, enough to dolvd the puzzle, but not complete the grid.
I think it natural that this guys puzzle might gave a nod to relativity. Am I the only one?
0 Replies

Ellen16

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:47 am
Interesting. At first I got the British man keeps fish, but redoing it I got the German. The copy of the riddle I worked with states "The Green House is next to and on the left of the White House."
0 Replies

lohit

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 09:54 am
@cedor,
Rubbish
0 Replies

dankk

Tue 17 May, 2016 09:19 am
@cedor,
This is probably the correct answer. I am not a Brit too, but I came to the same meaning: left means anything from the left side!
I got 10 solutions!!
Please inquire if you are curious...

Dan
[email protected]
0 Replies

griffeight

Mon 2 Jan, 2017 03:20 pm
@cedor,
I also got the same answer: DANE owns FISH!

I searched for answers: almost all were for the common GERMAN owns FISH.

It is a VALID Answer.

Until I searched "alternative einstein puzzle answers" and found yours, corroborating my effort!

Thank you, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
0 Replies