What is Hell?

cicerone imposter

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 05:43 pm
@BroRando,
Quote:
.....for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice  and come out"

Hour? Please explain to us how long this "hour" is going to be. 1 year, 100 years, 1000 years, 1 billion years? More? Less?
BroRando

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 06:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
After the 'wicked' are removed. Yes that hour is coming, but only the righteous will witness such a glorious manifestation of Jehovah's power. “I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, nor my praise to graven images.” Isaiah 42:8
cicerone imposter

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 06:47 pm
@BroRando,
You say
Quote:
After the 'wicked' are removed.
How long is that going to take? You also said,
Quote:
Yes that hour is coming,...
, but how long is that hour going to be? Give us a number in years. From my POV, that's never going to come. According to scientists, our sun will last another 4.5 billion years. By then, most religions would have disappeared.
BroRando

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 07:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Where's this data on the earth moving closer to the sun? You don't think climate change has anything to do with it? "I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step." (Jeremiah 10:23)

cicerone imposter

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 07:05 pm
@BroRando,
You're not answering any of my questions, and you have the gall to ask me a question.
ANSWER MINE FIRST.
BroRando

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 07:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I told you, after the 'wicked' are removed. Did you miss it?
cicerone imposter

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 10:09 pm
@BroRando,
Q: How long is that going to take?
BroRando

Mon 20 Jun, 2016 04:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
"And he did not refrain from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a flood upon a world of ungodly people.  And by reducing the cities of Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah to ashes, he condemned them, setting a pattern for ungodly people of things to come." (2 Peter 2:5-6) The pattern is not for the ungodly to know but, "When those of the nations heard this, they began to rejoice and to glorify the word of Jehovah, and all those who were rightly disposed for everlasting life became believers." (Acts 13:48)

0 Replies

Freddie2

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 04:20 pm
My pastor hated the scripture you showed at Rev 20:13. He got red in the face when I asked him about it, then let a cigarette. I asked if hell is emptied, why is religion lying about it? I figure it's a good way to PREY on widows and orphans out of their limited income. I couldn't find purgatory anywhere.
izzythepush

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 04:12 am
@Freddie2,
Freddie2 wrote:
I couldn't find purgatory anywhere.

Try taking that left turn at Albuquerque.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 06:45 am
@Freddie2,
Quote:
My pastor hated the scripture you showed at Rev 20:13. He got red in the face when I asked him about it, then let a cigarette.
I don't think there is any religion that cannot be embarrassed by simply reading a scripture in front of them from their own bible.
0 Replies

mark noble

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 08:33 am
@BroRando,
Nope - It's a state of consciousness.
You reap what you sew.
0 Replies

Glennn

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 05:07 pm
Hell is where the heart is.
Jay2know

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 06:32 am
@Glennn,
I think Religion and Atheism teach the same thing?
Expert2

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 06:21 pm
@Jay2know,
After your bedtime?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 06:23 pm
@Jay2know,
Atheism doesn't teach anything. Can you inform me what atheism teaches?
0 Replies

MadJW

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 11:16 am
@BroRando,
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/theMadJW/Death/SOUL.jpg
cicerone imposter

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 11:32 am
@MadJW,
They're all false. Why did the christian god appear just 2000 years ago when Homo sapiens existed for over 200,000 years? Also, different cultures in different countries created their own gods. Some say, they number in the thousands. Know anything about logic? Ever study the evolution about primates? Do you know why Homo sapiens are similar to the apes? Study science. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_primates. Human evolution
Human evolution is the lengthy process of change by which people originated from apelike ancestors. Scientific evidence shows that the physical and behavioral traits shared by all people originated from apelike ancestors and evolved over a period of approximately six million years.
cicerone imposter

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 11:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
PERSPECTIVEANTHROPOLOGY
How did Homo sapiens evolve?

Summary
Over the past 30 years, understanding of Homo sapiens evolution has advanced greatly. Most research has supported the theory that modern humans had originated in Africa by about 200,000 years ago, but the latest findings reveal more complexity than anticipated. They confirm interbreeding between H. sapiens and other hominin species, provide evidence for H. sapiens in Morocco as early as 300,000 years ago, and reveal a seemingly incremental evolution of H. sapiens cranial shape. Although the cumulative evidence still suggests that all modern humans are descended from African H. sapiens populations that replaced local populations of archaic humans, models of modern human origins must now include substantial interactions with those populations before they went extinct. These recent findings illustrate why researchers must remain open to challenging the prevailing theories of modern human origins.
http://www.sciencemag.org/about/science-licenses-journal-article-reuse
This is an article distributed under the terms of the Science Journals Default License.
0 Replies

MadJW

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 09:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

They're all false. Why did the christian god appear just 2000 years ago when Homo sapiens existed for over 200,000 years? Also, different cultures in different countries created their own gods. Some say, they number in the thousands. Know anything about logic? Ever study the evolution about primates? Do you know why Homo sapiens are similar to the apes? Study science. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_primates. Human evolution
Human evolution is the lengthy process of change by which people originated from apelike ancestors. Scientific evidence shows that the physical and behavioral traits shared by all people originated from apelike ancestors and evolved over a period of approximately six million years.

So, Natural Selection is YOUR God.
ANOTHER one invented.....