All Time Favorite FUNK songs

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 04:54 pm
I speak from the netherland of being older with troubled computer access, but suddenly I can hear/see these posts. Happy now.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 12:23 am

I'm Not Soupped: (by Troop)
Real Music

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 01:36 am

No More Lies: (by Michel'le)
jjfree38

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 12:18 pm
@Real Music,
I have CDs by both Michel'le and Troop. Troop could have been a bigger group than they were because they had it all with their vocals and especially their choreography. I just saw their episode of the TVOne Show "Unsung" for the fifteenth time and everytime I see it..it just grabs my attention like it was the first time. Great choices!!!!
Real Music

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 01:24 pm
@jjfree38,

I see you like the group Troop. Here's another one of their jams.

Mamacita: (by Troop)
jjfree38

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 06:39 pm
@Real Music,
LOL..This song means a lot to me because I was in a dance contest years ago and I won 200.00 first place prize dancing off this and the dance was choreographed...LOL
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 07:30 pm
Real Music

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 08:01 pm
@hingehead,
Of all of the many hit songs Stevie Wonder recorded, "Living For The City" was my favorite Stevie Wonder song. That bring back childhood memories.
hingehead

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 08:27 pm
@Real Music,
I'm with you - that is absolutely my favourite Stevie Wonder track.
0 Replies

jjfree38

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 02:54 pm
@Real Music,
What about these??? A few more of my favorites.

1. Skyy - "Call Me" - This was one of my favorite funk jams ...no doubt!! and the thing is that this is one of those funk songs that has a sound that can be current to what is being played in today's music easily.

2. Con Funk Shun - "Ffun" - I just LOVE this group...and this was the JAM!!!

3. Con Funk Shun - "Too Tight" - Another funk classic from this group you may remember.

Ok..I know I've mentioned just a few...but I want to add just one more:

4. George Duke - "Reach For It" - My brother used to play this so much that he had to buy a couple of more copies. He used to always say about the funky intro..."If you don't move off of this jam...you got hemorrhoids....lol..this song was all about that bass before Meghan Trainor came along...haha

Real Music

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 06:16 pm
@jjfree38,
Hello my fellow funkateer. I gotta say, you really know your funk.

Push: (by One Way)
Real Music

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 06:18 pm
Shine: (by The Barkays})
0 Replies

jjfree38

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 07:29 pm
@Real Music,
Hello to you too....Hey...I have to be honest and tell you...Yes I do...I grew up with 10 older brothers and sisters who introduced me to a lot of funk music and took me to a lot of funk concerts. So...yeah...I do know a lot about funk and I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Real Music

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 08:12 pm
@jjfree38,
Check out the late great Prince getting funky in this live performance

D.M.S.R. (by Prince)
LIVE
jjfree38

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 12:55 pm
@Real Music,
One of my favorite early Prince jams. I remember this club that me and my friends used to go to on the weekends and the only reason we went because the DJ would always close the night with this song and the dance floor always got crowded when he played it.
0 Replies

jjfree38

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 05:22 pm
@Real Music,
Check out these classic funk jams...brings back a lot of memories.

1. Captain Sky - "Super Sporm" - This song was huge in all the clubs and after parties. Especially check out the break down around 4:55 of song...HOT!!!

2. Average White Band - "School Boy Crush" - The funkiest white band out there in my opinion...and this song confirms that for sure.

3. Zapp - "Do Wah Ditty" (Blow That Thang) - One of the best jams from this group.

4. LePamplemousse 'Monkey See, Monkey Do" - This group's most well known hit was the song "Le Spank". Although this song was an album cut, there were a couple of clubs in my city that would play this song that got the crowd on the dance floor. Once a local DJ came in one night and saw the commotion over this song and began to keep it on rotation daily on his radio show which had the people requesting this song on a daily basis. Also a little tidbit...the girl group The Jones Girls supplied the vocals for this group on this song on the hit "Le Spank" as well as all the other material on their debut album.

Real Music

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 12:51 am
@jjfree38,
I know only too well The Average White Band's (School Boy Crush) and Zapp's (Doo Wa Ditty). Although I'm not familiar with the other two groups, Captain Sky and Le Pamplemousse, the songs are still funky.

Here's a funk jam by the group (Ripple).
The title of the song is (I Don't Know What It Is, But It Sure Is Funky)

The song was also sampled by Hip Hop group (Kid N Play).
The title of that song is (Rollin With Kid N Play)
jjfree38

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 01:18 pm
@Real Music,
Check out so more of my favorites:

1. Peter Brown - "Do You Wanna Get Funky With Me/Burning Love Breakdown"
This was an awesome jam...bring back great memories.

2. Peter Brown feat. Betty Wright - "Dance With Me"
This was also a huge hit for Peter...In fact, it was even bigger than the one above.

3. Foxy - "Get Off" - Another funky classic that had the dance floors crowded.

Real Music

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 05:44 pm
@jjfree38,
Alright. I see you got some of that rump shaking funk. Check this out.

Hot Stuff: (by Raydio)
Real Music

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 05:48 pm
Your Love Takes Me Out: (by Cameo)

0 Replies