WHy do men want much younger girls???

maxdancona

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 05:36 pm
As far as your husband, he made his own decision. He doesn't represent all men.

That being said, there is an evolutionary reason for men to be attracted to younger women. We evolved for the success of the species... and the success of the human species required two things. Men had to have sex with many women, and women had to have stable community support for raising children.

The way that it works makes perfect sense. Men remain fertile for most of their lives which ensures that there is always a ready supply of sperm to continue the propagation of genes.
snood

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 05:37 pm
@maxdancona,
Thank you, Max. I will give your correction here the same consideration I consider due all your commentary on my posts.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 05:59 pm
@snood,
Thank you Snood. That is all I ask.
0 Replies

Violet35

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 07:55 pm
@snood,
I think young bodies are great, but I don't want to be with one - even if I were single. Too much pressure. For me, the attraction really is to THE MAN inside, so...I would want someone from at least my generation, with some life experience. I am sure I am not the norm. The older folks may like the young bodies, but I believe a LOT of the attraction to the "older bodies" is an attraction to their wallets. Lots of young dudes look for sugar mamas, too. It does go both ways, but has really only been so, in the last 20-30 years.
0 Replies

Violet35

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 07:56 pm
@snood,
Also, I never said it was exclusive. I was responding to the original post. "Why do MEN like women half their age?," or however it was worded.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 08:30 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Human men often prefer young women. One reason for this, scientists propose, lies in the human proclivity to form unusually long-term mating pairs. When combined with the natural urge to beget as many children as possible, since a woman's fertility is limited by age, men would find young women more sexually attractive.

Chimpanzees, unlike humans, do not form mating partnerships for long, and are instead promiscuous. Moreover, female chimps show no evidence of menopause, which means their fertility is not limited by age. This suggested male chimps might not care about the age of a mate as humans do.

http://www.livescience.com/1136-male-chimps-prefer-older-females.html
0 Replies

Laflaca

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 07:44 pm
@Violet35,
One million " likes " from me .... 100% agreed !
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 10:10 pm
@Violet35,
Violet35 wrote:

Also, I never said it was exclusive. I was responding to the original post. "Why do MEN like women half their age?," or however it was worded.

Yeah, I understand. But that wording is a little misleading, anyway. I mean, if I say, "Why do Italians want pasta?", or, "Why do women want shoulder massages ?" It sounds like I'm naming a trait that's unique or exclusive to a particular group. "Why do men want much younger girls" certainly seems like it's saying there's something intrinsic in men, that's specific to men, that's exclusive to men. If it had said "Why do people enjoy sex with more muscular, more flexible bodies?" now that would have been a question that was not exclusive. But that's obviously not what the thread poster was trying to ask. They were trying to make a specific statement about men, by asking a question.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 10:41 pm
@snood,
I can't take this thread seriously - I take it a as psych noise.

My best lovers, whom I will not annotate, were younger. But, not all.

In any case, people vary,
maxdancona

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 11:51 pm
@ossobuco,
In the majority of human heterosexual relationships, the man is older. This has been true throughout the history of our culture. It is still true today. I believe that it has been consistently true across cultures. Of course there are exceptions... but the clear majority of heterosexual relationships involve an older man with a younger woman.

This says something about human nature. The evolutionary explanation makes sense to me.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 12:14 am
@maxdancona,
That's nice.

In my human nature we differed from your rote, more than once, once for decades. The thing was, my two guys, different times, were very bright. Some of us care about that thou it can be overrated. Oh, and me, I wasn't dumbo. Love happened.

Load me your stats.

sidharth sid

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 05:30 am
@kenshad23,
they becomes fool easily thats why
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 05:34 am
@ossobuco,
"Load me your stats."

That would probably make a brilliant chat up line, nowadays, Osso.

To paraphrase The Beatles.....

I once had an older lady,
Or should I say,
She once had me......

Possibly the most exciting thing that happened to me during my teens.
And very educational.

I think it should be made a compulsory thing, in fact. Very Happy

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 08:32 am
@ossobuco,
No problem Osso. Is US Census data good enough for you?

Quote:
Age Difference (The first number is unmarried couples. The second is married couples. The numbers are in thousands.)

Male 10 or more years older than female . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 852 4,576
Female 10 or more years older than male . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 318 1,013

Male 6 to 9 years older than female . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,010 6,935
Female 6 to 9 years older than male . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 364 1,682

Male 2 to 5 years older than female . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,237 20,516
Female 2 to 5 years older than male . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 830 5,981

Within 1 year of each other . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,234 20,344

http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p20-570.pdf (The data I list is from page 22).

Statistically it is significantly more common for the man to be older in heterosexual relationships.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 08:36 am
Because they complain less ?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 09:14 am
I just found this article... this is very interesting.

Heterosexual couples where the man is several years older than the woman produce more offspring.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2412947/

This is how evolution works.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 09:28 am
@maxdancona,
To lazy to read it but are there explanations ?
Deeper pockets better education and more comprehension and sense of family in older man ?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 10:23 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Yep. I'm pretty sure we're all (both male and female) genetically hardwired such that certain parts of our brain light up like a Christmas tree when we see an esthetically appealing person with the physical attributes of being in their peak reproductive age. Can't blame it on advertising, either. The advertising works because of the way our brains are wired, I would think.

Not that this is to condone the husband's cheating behavior. He should either control himself or end the marriage before spreading his seed around.

This is the full and completely correct answer to the question.
0 Replies