The meek or the ruthless: who prevails in the end?

Tuna

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 07:52 pm
The goal is survival. Who is fittest? Those who embrace their ruthlessness and dominate or those who display their vulnerability and broadcast love? One draws people together by force. The other draws people together in trust.

Who wins in the end?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 15 • Views: 67,131 • Replies: 219

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 08:12 pm
@Tuna,
It's never that black and white.
Tuna

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 08:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's never that black and white.

That means you accept the need for occasional mercilessness.
Glennn

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 09:02 pm
@Tuna,
Quote:
Who wins in the end?

It could go either way. The ruthless will end up dead at the hands of another ruthless bastard until there is only one ruthless bastard left. And if the ruthless don't kill each other off in their quest for superiority, they'll probably die as a result of the toxic environment that will follow their long exercise of greed and neglect.

It could also be said that there is only one ruthless bastard and that the rest of the bastards are simple, subservient lackeys kissing the ass of the dominant ruthless bastard in the hopes that she/he will shove some crumbs off its table and into their waiting mouths, like baby birds squawking and screaming for their mother to drop a worm down their throat. In that sense, all but the dominant ruthless bastard are meek, and don't know it.

And even though it is said that the meek shall inherit the Earth, I'm sure that most of them are thinking, "Great. Just what I didn't want." After all, they'll have to clean the place up.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 09:07 pm
@Tuna,
I never said that; you did.
Tuna

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 09:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm getting that you don't entangle yourself with principles. You make no choice.
Tuna

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 09:45 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Who wins in the end?

It could go either way. The ruthless will end up dead at the hands of another ruthless bastard until there is only one ruthless bastard left. And if the ruthless don't kill each other off in their quest for superiority, they'll probably die as a result of the toxic environment that will follow their long exercise of greed and neglect.

It could also be said that there is only one ruthless bastard and that the rest of the bastards are simple, subservient lackeys kissing the ass of the dominant ruthless bastard in the hopes that she/he will shove some crumbs off its table and into their waiting mouths, like baby birds squawking and screaming for their mother to drop a worm down their throat. In that sense, all but the dominant ruthless bastard are meek, and don't know it.

And even though it is said that the meek shall inherit the Earth, I'm sure that most of them are thinking, "Great. Just what I didn't want." After all, they'll have to clean the place up.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the ruthless have and always will win.
Glennn

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 09:52 pm
@Tuna,
Quote:
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the ruthless have and always will win.

No. No one wins. The ruthless are psychopaths who don't care about you or the environment. They crap in their own nest.
Tuna

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 09:55 pm
@Glennn,
The prize is survival. You're saying no one survives?
Glennn

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:00 pm
@Tuna,
Sure, there are survivors, but is mere survival what you call life or a prize?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:00 pm
@Tuna,
Tuna wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm getting that you don't entangle yourself with principles. You make no choice.

It doesn't mean that at all. You lay out a battle between the meek and the ruthless and leave out the clever who want to thrive and survive.
Tuna

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:04 pm
@Glennn,
Survival is the alternative to the grave.

Tuna

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:06 pm
@glitterbag,
The question is: who ultimately survives: the ruthless or the meek?

If you think cleverness plays into, please explain how.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:06 pm
@Tuna,
Sometimes, survival can be best described as settling.
Tuna

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:08 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Sometimes, survival can be best described as settling.

Probably.

The question is: who ultimately is best at surviving: the ruthless or the meek? What's your opinion on that?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:10 pm
@Tuna,
Tuna wrote:

Survival is the alternative to the grave.

Yes, that true. The hopeful and the healthy, with assistance from the wise and grounded will last longer than the ruthless and protect the weak. Humanity will flourish.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:11 pm
@Tuna,
Well the ruthless must survive the consequences of their own actions. The meek must survive the consequences of their own inaction. I'd say neither has the advantage because whether or not you realize it, we're all in this together.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:13 pm
@Glennn,
I agree.
0 Replies

Tuna

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:13 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Well the ruthless must survive the consequences of their own actions. The meek must survive the consequences of their own inaction. I'd say neither has the advantage because whether or not you realize it, we're all in this together.

You're the third vote for "I have no idea who wins in the end."

That's interesting in itself.

Glennn

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:14 pm
@Tuna,
As I said, since we're all in this together, no one wins.