2015 NFL PickUm Game

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 02:33 pm
@George,
You're right. I knew that yesterday when I decided, but forgot today.
I'll stick with Indy despite qualms.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 03:39 pm
From edgarblythe:

Indianapolis
Kansas City
Cincinnati
Atlanta
Jacksonville
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Green Bay
Tennessee
Arizona
New England
Denver
San Francisco
Pittsburgh (30-28)
0 Replies

skeeter1eye

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 03:40 pm
@ossobuco,
OK so I didn't see that I will take Seattle thanks for letting me know.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 03:59 pm
@ossobuco,
QB Hasselbeck was in the ER ...(virus intestinal issue fever?) until 48 hours ago. QB Josh Johnson is in backup but just got on the team. Not pretty, but Indy coughs up the ball big-time with or without Luck. They're a luckless bunch.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 04:09 pm
@Ragman,
I know; I just wasn't clear if Hasselbeck is definitely playing.
0 Replies

swatherqueen

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 04:09 pm
@CoastalRat,
I must change from the Seahawks to the Bengals, as much I love the Hawks I think they will most likely get their butts kicked.
0 Replies

SwampFox

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 04:15 pm
Indianapolis
Chicago
Cincinnati
Atlanta
Jacksonville
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Green bay
Tennessee
Arizona
New England
Denver
NY giants
Pittsburgh
0 Replies

j aumen 11916

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 06:23 pm
Coastalrat is switching to Houston for tonight's game.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 06:28 pm
Brian Mallett is Texans QB tonight. He was Pats backup to Brady until recently for quite a few years. I think he's had 6 games as QB in NFL.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 06:39 pm
@Ragman,
I'm afraid to watch..
Ragman

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 08:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Whew. Texans just scored..now it's 13-10 at the half.

Foster is back in the game after another concussion protocol exam.

oops Indy scored somewhere. now it's 20-10.
lmur

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 05:24 am
@Ragman,
Off topic but some of you might be interested to know that lil ol' Ireland defeated the current World Champions, Germany in a European Championship qualifier last night. The result was in doubt right up to the final whistle.

Anyone know where I can get replacement fingernails?
Ragman

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 05:26 am
@lmur,
Shocked
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 06:40 am
@ossobuco,
Well, I'll think twice about picking Houston Texans again. Not so sure about the Colts either, frankly - though, Hasselbeck was impressive. I like his timing and his throwing tight spirals. He even moved pretty well for a 40-yr-old QB. Mallett has an arm too...but ...is he a better choice than Hoyer?

Really makes you think twice about those old, supposedly washed-up veterans like Gore and Johnson that people keep trying to write off as being done.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 08:09 am
@Ragman,
I glance at a lot of sports websites when I make picks, don't just obey them, but sometimes learn stuff I didn't know. I tend to pick by instinct, which easily goes off the rails into dreamland. My point is that pre Thursday's game, in the sites I read, people were amazed Texas was going with Mallett again. That was part of my clinging to the Colts as apt to possibly win. And it was close. What I had expressed worry about yesterday, when I was confused about having a few days to make a choice re Indy and Texas, was that the coach might change his mind and go for Hoyer, which he did, eek. Hoyer has been known to show up and do quite well, and this time he had a brand new and apparently terrific receiver, J. Strong. And Hasselbeck, while I gather still on the ill side, was excellent. It turns out that Panzade was right on about Andre Johnson (who'd been worried about in various articles). Good game for a lot of players.

The best thing to me as a sometimes Colts fan was that the their offensive line, in disarray for years now, got it all together for this game. I hope that keeps up.
Ragman

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 08:45 am
@ossobuco,
Toughest match in a long time to figure. I read several expert sport guru sites now..more so than I did in the past. This one match had the experts split down the middle - even the top percentage guessers were split (5 against 5). As for my instinct- frankly, it works against me - especially this early part of the season. As is shown when I make a change from my original guess. Surely I like the challenge.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 11:47 am
@McGentrix,
Further midweek Changes in red...
Week 5 Games

Cincinnati
Houston
Kansas City
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Green Bay
Tennessee
Arizona
New England
Denver
NY Giants
San Diego (27-17)

Bye week: Miami, Minnesota, NY Jets, Carolina

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 03:07 pm
George and C'rat: I've decided to go crazy and change to Oakland beating Denver.

I'll likely be sorry.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 02:25 am
Indianapolis
Kansas City
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
Cincinati
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Green Bay
Tennessee
Arizona
New England
Denver
NY Giants
San Diego (17-14)
0 Replies

SwampFox

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 10:59 am
For Monday night I picked Pittsburgh to win so I'm giving the points to be 28 to 21
0 Replies