Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 11:51 pm
I am curious... If science does not call the universe and all its contents a "creation" what does it call it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 22 • Views: 14,315 • Replies: 191

neologist

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 12:23 am
@onevoice,
Just a guess.
Universe.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 12:26 am
Awesome. Thanks.
Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 04:44 am
Neo is not an atheist.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 05:11 am
@onevoice,
Quote:
Awesome

Really?
Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 05:13 am
People are so easily filled with awe these days . . . it must be a confidence tricksters paradise.
neologist

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 05:14 am
@Setanta,
I said I was just guessing.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:00 am
@onevoice,
I have no problem using the word "creation" to refer to the universe.

I also have no problem saying "God Bless You", or even "God willing"... these are just phrases that are used in society. Every knows what they mean. Around Christmas time I also ask people "What did Santa bring you?".

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:08 am
Why are you asking atheists what "science says?" I suspect you're a typical holy roller who sees science as some kind of enemy, and the domain of atheists and other depraved individuals who, unlike you, have not seen the light of Jeebus.
onevoice

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 09:52 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
No. Lol not really. I was actually just curious if anyone would take this on. Apparently not though. No problem. Didn't figure anyone would.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 09:54 am
@onevoice,
Take what on?

there's no there there
onevoice

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:03 am
@Setanta,
Because it came up in a recent conversation I had with someone and instead of just answering the question, I was met with hateful accusations in a futile attempt to redirect the conversation to something they actually felt they had an answer to. Because they obviously did not have an answer to that. It is common atheist behavior from what I have seen so far. Not here... Just in general. BTW... I am hardly typical, but view me as you wish. It has no bearing what so ever on my character, or who I am as a person. Smile
onevoice

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:13 am
@ehBeth,
Take it on... As as in answer the question.

There's no here here either.
neologist

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:19 am
@onevoice,
So, it's neither here nor there. . .
Er. . .
What is, or was?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:22 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:
I am curious... If science does not call the universe and all its contents a "creation" what does it call it?

Personally I have always liked the phrase "Born from the unknown" because it comes closest to representing my view of the Universe. Science would probably find the phrase "Emerged from the unknown" to be a little less pregnant with unprovable implications Smile

Please note that the title of your thread references atheists, but then the detail of your question references science. They are not the same thing. Even though I suspect that there is a high degree of overlap between the two.
timur

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:27 am
Rosborne wrote:
Please note that the title of your thread references atheists, but then the detail of your question references science. They are not the same thing. Even though I suspect that there is a high degree of overlap between the two.

It clearly shows, however, the usual bias put forth by religionists..
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:30 am
@rosborne979,
Yeah. I directed it at atheists because I was curious if I would get the same volital response as I have previously, or if I would get an actual answer to the question. I don't like blanket statements, and try not to judge a group as a whole based on the few... or many outspoken babblers.

@neo
Lol! This probably is neither here nor there.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:56 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:
...or if I would get an actual answer to the question.

So, did I answer your question?
onevoice

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 11:08 am
@rosborne979,
Yes and no., but either way thank you! "Born or Emerged from the unknown" still implies there was something other than nothing, don't you think? I may need to think on this a little more. Lol
chai2

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 11:15 am
I have a question for atheists too.

What do you call those black and whte cows that give a lot of milk?

Well, actually, they don't give it, you have to take it from them.