undiagnosed almost 6 years, gas pain all over body

sarah-q

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 08:33 pm
I am 29 years old and female. I have been struggling with these symptoms every day for almost six years. My symptoms cause me discomfort and distraction every day and are frequently painful and debilitating.  I am otherwise healthy. What I feel is pressure building up in different parts of my body -- my head, neck, back, stomach, face, limbs, all over, at various times. The pressure builds up and makes cracking sounds when it releases, like cracking knuckles. It is uncomfortable and sometimes painful and can be pretty intense for several hours at a time. Over the counter pain medications don't help much. I often stretch, massage or tap where the pressure is building up because it seems to make it release faster. But it's not really a relief, because there is always more. The pressure seems to move throughout my body with ease. The cracking sounds can be sharper or more like squishing sounds, and sometimes causes twitching movements in my body. My symptoms are more or less constant. When I feel them in my nose they often make me sneeze, and in my mouth and throat they are sometimes accompanied by a stale smell/ taste or the need to cough. A couple times, the pressure built up in my chest to the point of making me vomit. Often the pressure is accompanied by feeling too hot or cold, or by tingling sensations.
I have been to many doctors, none who have diagnosed me. I tested negative for Rheumatoid arthritis and my hormone levels are fine. I also tested negative for Lyme disease. My nutrition is good. I am currently seeing an acupuncturist but so far have not seen improvement. I also tested negative for SIBO. I get some relief from heat and stretching of my muscles but not nearly enough. 
One positive thing I can say is that I think my condition is stable and not degenerative. It's been pretty much the same for almost six years. Nevertheless, my symptoms seriously impact my life and any help would be greatly appreciated. 
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 551 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 05:46 am
@sarah-q,
I would suggest contacting the New York Times (seriously!) as there is a weekly column on odd diseases. Perhaps they can point you in the right direction, or even feature you in an article.
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/author/lisa-sanders-md/
On the right side, there's a form to Ask Well (Well is the name of the health column).
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 06:53 am
Are you retaining water? I don't understand what you mean by "gas" - it could be bloat.

Have you consulted a nutritionist? Cut out all salt from your diet.

Have you tried massage therapy?

sarah-q

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 11:21 am
@jespah,
Thank you for the tip. I just submitted my story to them so hopefully someone responds.
0 Replies

sarah-q

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 11:23 am
@PUNKEY,
No water retention. Pressure/pain is all over body. Yes I have consulted re nutrition and did 4 months of supplements. Also have tried massage.
0 Replies