Proof There is an Afterlife

extra medium

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:32 pm
Re: Proof There is an Afterlife
Lekatt wrote:
extra medium wrote:
Can you prove there is an afterlife?

Can you prove there is not an afterlife?
I think near death experiences have a lot to say on the subject of afterlife. Don't know whether anyone is interested or not?
Love

Lekatt,

I find near death experiences interesting. Its interesting to note how many of them have many ideas in common:
"I saw a light at the end of a tunnel...as I neared it, I felt bathed in a warm, loving feeling, everything was going to be okay"
or
"I looked down, and saw my body...I was floating above it..."

You hear these things described a lot in near death experiences.
Critics will say, "Well, these visions could simply be a chemical that is released in the brain as the body nears death, to reduce shock, etc."

I can see that being true, especially to explain the "light at the end of a tunnel"...that sounds almost like a drug induced phenonema.

But, the "looking down and seeing your body"...to me, thats a different story. Why would any chemical released in a group of people's brains make them have the same exact hallucination of looking down and seeing their body? That explanation does not seem satisfactory. Especially when one considers that many of these reports come from fairly pragmatic people, people that aren't particularly into things flying saucers type stories, etc.

Still, of course, its not proof of an afterlife.

But, the numbers of people that report "floating out of their body" during near death experiences cannot be entirely discounted. There are too many of these cases to just completely ignore them.
0 Replies

Lekatt

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:18 am
Re: Proof There is an Afterlife
extra medium wrote:
Lekatt wrote:
extra medium wrote:
Can you prove there is an afterlife?

Can you prove there is not an afterlife?
I think near death experiences have a lot to say on the subject of afterlife. Don't know whether anyone is interested or not?
Love

Lekatt,

I find near death experiences interesting. Its interesting to note how many of them have many ideas in common:
"I saw a light at the end of a tunnel...as I neared it, I felt bathed in a warm, loving feeling, everything was going to be okay"
or
"I looked down, and saw my body...I was floating above it..."

You hear these things described a lot in near death experiences.
Critics will say, "Well, these visions could simply be a chemical that is released in the brain as the body nears death, to reduce shock, etc."

I can see that being true, especially to explain the "light at the end of a tunnel"...that sounds almost like a drug induced phenonema.

But, the "looking down and seeing your body"...to me, thats a different story. Why would any chemical released in a group of people's brains make them have the same exact hallucination of looking down and seeing their body? That explanation does not seem satisfactory. Especially when one considers that many of these reports come from fairly pragmatic people, people that aren't particularly into things flying saucers type stories, etc.

Still, of course, its not proof of an afterlife.

But, the numbers of people that report "floating out of their body" during near death experiences cannot be entirely discounted. There are too many of these cases to just completely ignore them.

I had a near death experience 17 years ago and have been studying them ever since. There have been many thousands of them reported and you are right, they can't be ignored.

Most people only know what they read in the media or what the skeptics say about them, very few follow up and read the NDE sites to learn more. I think this is a shame because they are left with only a partial knowledge of what a near death experience really contains.

I have a NDE site with over 200 experiences, and answer all the skeptics misgivings about them. I believe they show very strong evidence of life after death and would be willing to debate the issues here as long as the rules of the message board are followed.

For example I offer a link that shows what the media and skeptics usually leave out of their articles.

http://www.aleroy.com/FAQz10.htm

Near death experiences change the experiencer, making them kinder, and more thoughtful, and the healing power of the experience is phenomenal. My doctor told me I had about six months to live, a few months after my NDE he examined me and said he couldn't tell I ever had a problem.

Love
0 Replies