Pain in the left side of my chest when I take deep breaths. What could it be? Please help.

mks0031

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 12:04 pm
I am 21 years old and exercise regularly (although I've take off the last week due to traveling for work). I have been having many struggles breathing over the last two months, these struggles have resulted in many trips to the doctor, one of which was an ER visit where I received and EKG and blood tests. Nothing has come back, we have also learned that it is in fact NOT asthma. Recently though, in the last couple of days, I have developed a pain in the left side of my chest when I inhale deeply. It's not a severe pain, but more of a discomfort. Does anyone have any insight to what this might be? Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 749 • Replies: 5
No top replies

mks0031

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 12:09 pm
I should also add that sometimes I feel a mild pain in the left side of my back as well (Just a little under my shoulder blade) when I take these deep breaths. But the pain for both does not always happen at the same time.
chai2

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 12:21 pm
What does your doctor say it could be?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 01:10 pm
@mks0031,
It could be many things. Either talk with your doctor more if you didn't understand what he or she said, or if the doctor wasn't clear for being busy -
don't use the internet for diagnosis.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 03:01 pm
@mks0031,
Have your doctor check for a hiatal hernia. It may require some detective work since they don't always show up clearly on xray or CT scan.

I had both in preparation for a surgery and the surgeon was surprised to find a hiatal hernia that didn't appear on x-ray or CT scan. I had no symptoms, many don't. Perhaps yours is more symptomatic.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hiatal-hernia/basics/causes/con-20030640
0 Replies

donna downing

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 07:12 am
@mks0031,
Try and have x-ray maybe you've fractured a rib or something. Also, look into the possibility of acid reflux. Do you smoke? Look on all the possibilities to have a sense of certainty. Try breathing practices as well. Get enough sleep and eat healthy foods. Stress can also be a factor on this.
0 Replies