Scary symptoms

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 12:03 am
I have been noticing for over six months, that my stool has been light in color,

somewhat more narrow (also appears a bit "squared off" cross-sectionally), and

"smooth" in texture.

I have also, over the last several weeks, noticed that my urine has a pungent, foul

odor, and just earlier this evening, it had an orange-like color.

I have had a colonoscopy late last year, which was normal. But, a CAT scan I had back

in 2007 (when I went to the ER because of stomach pains) revealed that I had a kidney

stone.

My weight, over the last 2-3 months, had dropped from around 215-218 to around 190

(although I had significantly reduced my carb intake). My weight appears to fluctuate

around 189-193.

On occasion, I get discomfort, either on my left-arm side around the area of my bottom

rib, or on either side of my lower back, although it does not appear to last very

long.

Lastly, I had recently gone for a full-abdominal sonogram, which was normal, but the

doctor did say that the condition of the "tail" of the pancreas could not be assessed

for reason that it is located behind the stomach, and only a CAT scan with contrast

would enable her to look at it. Routine blood work that was done also came out okay.

These symptoms are getting me very concerning to me, and I'm hoping they're not from

what I think it may be.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 525 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 05:24 am
Have you seen a doctor about these issues since 2007?
steveweber5

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 09:12 am
@jespah,
Yes, I've had the colonoscopy in the fall of last year (which was normal), and I've been to a doctor at a city hospital that ran the blood work and full abdominal sonogram (showing the pancreas head to be normal) , also in the fall of last year. There was no determination about the pancreas tail because of it being situated behind the stomach. btw, Are the fat-digesting enzymes in the head or the tail?

I generally don't experience much discomfort, but it's the other symptoms that are concerning me. btw, I'm on an anti-fungal diet because of having been put on 2 weeks of PICC-IV antibiotics for a staph infection that I had back in 2013 (a metal plate that was put in my wrist in June of that year, because of a distal radial fracture, had gotten infected).

May I ask if you're a doctor (just curious).
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 09:21 am
@steveweber5,
I looked up the symptoms online; the consensus is that you should see your doctor as soon as possible.
0 Replies