William Ian Beardmore Beveridge quote on the guidelines page

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 08:50 pm
I used to have a MacSE. Only used it for writing. There was very little service support for it here. But I will look to see if they've improved in that respect. Thanks, Osso. I understand that they have less trouble with viruses, trojans, etc. Is that so? Anyone?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 08:53 pm
As I may have mentioned earlier, I cannot now open or send emails. That's tough.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:38 am
JLN absolutely DO get a Mac, because it's virtually virus proof. I only have an iMac - one of those cute turquoise ones - but it's great. And in the unlikely event of its going wrong, you can carry it with one hand (it's heavy, but not impossible)
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:45 am
I used to have ISP based emails until forced by travel to move more and more into hotmail. It, and Yahoo, and various other webbased emails are so much more reliable and have improved so much in the past year, so I use it all the time now. You wouldn't, I imagine, get into that bad situation of being unable to send or receive emails, and you can always use an internet cafe or someone else's machine!
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 04:08 am
My poor thread Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 06:48 am
Aw, don't be upset, Boss . . . when people come here and chat, it at least means they're comfortable here . . .
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 01:02 pm
`Agrote, I came to the thread out of curiosity about the subject. Apart from it being terribly verbose, I can't see that it matters if it's just telling members to think before they write and about the subject they're writing on.
But philosophically I think it's true that words are an imperfect vehicle for thoughts, but they're the only vehicle we have, especially on A2K.
Sometimes I don't know what I think until I say/write it.

Love your thread!!!! Smile
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:12 pm
Hehe, thanks. It's not bad for a first thread actually - 3 pages!! Laughing
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:19 pm
Thanks, Clary. I would only buy another lap top (I now have a Compaq Presario lap top). That size is SO convenient for travel (my IPS when I move to another site is NetZero). I wonder if Apple has lap tops. I agree that I know my thoughts better after writing them down. This is one of the main reasons I participate on A2K. I learn from others, but I also learn about myself. Yes, it IS a great thread. A very original topic.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 03:07 pm
iBook, of which I have one (but already 4 yrs old) is every bit as good as iMac!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 06:50 pm
My Compaq is exactly four years old. Damn, they don't live as long as my cats. By the way, what is an "ibook" and "iMac"? Are they both lap tops?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 08:30 pm
Ibook is a laptop and Imac and Emac are tabletop macs.

Sorry about the thread! JL and Clary, maybe we should carry on this tangent elsewhere...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 08:37 pm
Thanks to both of you.
0 Replies