I am working on a project, but i dont know how to do programming

saq009

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 03:45 pm
i am working on a project for my electrical and electornic engineering course and its very important and im coming to the end of the year please help.

I just need help in programming, I don't want anyone to do the programming for me I want to do it myself as I want to learn BUT I don't know how to get started.

so can you please tell me how to do programming by giving me the best website resources and telling me step by step where I can learn programming from in the best way.

you see there are loads websites where they show how to program but they don't explain properly. they really don't. I know when I am reading they make it complicated and miss out a lot of stuff.

REMEMBER DONT WORRY, I WANT TO PROGRAM MYSELF, I JUST NEED HELP IN GETTING STARTED, I NEED TO KNOW THE BEST WEBSITES WHERE ''I WILL'' UNDERSTAND THE BEST AND EASIEST WAY.

this is what I have built:

I have used a 28 pic microcontroller on a 28 pin pic PCB board. I have connected the an OLED display 20x4 to the 28 pin pic.

these are the connections of the display to the PIC:
.pin 1(of the display) is connected to the GND.
.pin 2 is connected to the VDD
.pin 3 has no connection
.pin 4(of the display) goes to pin 15(of the pic), RC4
.pin 5 is connected to pin 16, RC5
.pin 6 is connected to pin 17,RC6
.pin 7 is connected to pin 21,RB0
.pin 8 is connected to pin 22, RB1
.pin 9 is connected to pin 23,RB2
.pin 10 is connected to pin 24, RB3
.pin 11 is connected to pin 25, RB4
.pin 12 is connected to pin 26, RB5
pin 13 is connected to pin 27, RB6
pin 14 is connected to pin 28, RB7
pin 15 has no connection
pin 16 has no connection

I have connected a resistor to the VDD and the other side of the resistor is connected to a push button and the other side of that button is connected to the GND. and current needs to go through the resistor then to a logic input(pin 5 of the pic), so i have connected a wire going to pin 5 of the pic and the other side of the resistor is connected between the resistor and the push button.

I have connected another resistor to VDD and the other side of that resistor is connected to an LED and the other side of the LED is connected to an input of the pic(pin 2)

and that's it not a lot of connection

but how do I program it now. and I don't want to make a flow chart but it could be on to make one.

hard to explain without a diagram.

so I want to do the programming so let me tell you now what the product does.

it will be connected to a power supply not to a battery.

once the current is applied about 5V. then the display displays press button to start.

the user presses the button.

then the light is programmed to come on at any time between 0.5 to 6 seconds AND
then the display displays
press button when light is on

when the light comes at a certain random time

then the user presses the button and the display displays:
0.250 seconds (on the first line of the display)
press button to start ( on the second line of the display)

(the cycle of course repeats like this)

the user presses the button.
then the light is programmed to come on at any time between 0.5 to 6 seconds AND

the light comes on after a random time

but the user doesn't press the button at all. and after 2 seconds the light came on, the light turns off and the displayer displays:
too slow
press button to start.

the user press the button.

lets say the light was going come on after seconds the user pressed the button

BUT the user already presses the button too early, before the light even came on.
then the display displays:
too early
press button to start

and it continues like this in a cycle.

so guys how do I program this. I obviously DONT WANT you to program for me

but I would love you to help me please. please pleas help me this is very important everyone benefits when you help even the one who is helping.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 629 • Replies: 0
No top replies