Friends

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2015 05:34 am
I am a Chinese student.I am 18 this year.I ran into"Friends" several months ago.Actually,I love this TV series.I want to know whether "Friends" are still well-known in English-spoken countries.By the way,I like the Gellers,so the last name of my English name is Geller.

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2015 06:20 am
@PattonGeller,
The show is in what's called syndication. That essentially means that it's sold to television stations and they often broadcast it several times a week or even several times per day.

The cast has done pretty well for themselves. Perry is currently headlining a sitcom; Kudrow seems to be on and off with that. Cox-Arquette fairly recently ended a run with her show. LeBlanc has been less successful but seems to do better as a guest star. Schwimmer directs. And then there's Aniston. When you've been left by your husband for another woman who just so happens to be internationally famous, you're in the tabloids whether you want to be or not (I imagine she's courted that attention a bit, as it gives her publicity for her films and keeps her career going). She's been in a number of films and is often spoken of well but doesn't seem to get nominations for the big awards.
0 Replies