"We wonder, we seek answers" vs. "We wonder; we seek answers"

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 02:57 am
If I change "We wonder, we seek answers" into "We wonder; we seek answers". Will the meaning/nuance of it be changed as well?
What is the difference between the two?

Context:

We each exist for but a short time, and in that time explore but a small part of the whole universe. But humans are a curious sopecies. We wonder, we seek answers. Living in this vast world that is by turns kind and cruel and gazing at the immense heavens above, people have always asked a multitude of questions: How can we understand the world in which we find ourselves? How does the universe behave? What is the nature of reality? Where did all this come from? Did the universe need a creator? Most of us do not spend most of our time worrying about these questions, but almost all of us worry about them some of the time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 366 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
McTag
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 07:38 am
@oristarA,

No real difference.

Both can stand alone as a sentence, even. But it helps "continuity", the flow of the sentence (in my view), just to separate them with a comma.
oristarA

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:21 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

No real difference.

Both can stand alone as a sentence, even. But it helps "continuity", the flow of the sentence (in my view), just to separate them with a comma.

A legitimate run-on sentence?
McTag

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:15 am
@oristarA,

I think so.
0 Replies