Suggestions on What to do about CPS and how to protect my children now?

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 08:51 am
On Oct. 8, 2014 CPS came to my home and took my three sons(4, 1, and 1 1/2 weeks old) from me. They claim I was on drugs and neglected them. All of which are allegations and never have they been able to show any evidence. They also took my little sister from my mother. Since then we have worked all the services to gain them back. About a month or two into this apparently my oldest started showing signs of molestation like asking the foster mother to sit on his face. It was said that when this was mentioned around the caseworker my son panicked and started to cry like he would be in trouble. Since then he has gone to one counselor who said he isn't showing signs of any sexual abuse but that was not good enough for CPS so they decided they would send him to forensic counseling to figure this out. We have been able to see all three boys once a month for two hou rs and our next date to see them was on Monday, Feb. 23, 2015 between 11am-1pm. As of yesterday apparently we are now not allowed to see our children due to the ongoing forensic interviews. The lawyer I currently have seems like she is just in this to get paid(she is court appointed) and just says "Work the services" and "we will talk at court". I am beyond furious at this I feel my babies are in danger and I have done nothing wrong! I have worked these services as they requested I have done home studies within the past 2 weeks and now all of a sudden this has come up. Our next court date is on March 5, 2015 and I want answers now. They have no rights to keep my children from me. I need advice cause I am at a loss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,147 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 10:09 am
@CaseyPotts92,
You need a lawyer for this. Don't try to do it on your own. Go to Legal Services (or Legal Aid if you are being accused of a crime) and get some names of people who handle abuse/CPS cases.
0 Replies